close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Substantial Stan NEEDS to work with..

Cradle Orchestra (If it hasn’t already happened). For those that don’t know, they’re a smooth Hip Hop / Jazz production group from Japan that rely on live instrumentation in their work.

I’ve just got done listening to their new album, Velvet Ballads, and this album is beautifully produced. I think their style of production would work so well with Stan.

A collaboration definitely needs to be looked into haha

- That is all.

I was listening to these cats a few days before you mentioned it. My man told me to check them out as well.

i second this….when i first heard the album i was just waiting to hear stan’s voice pop up but to no avail…MAKE THIS HAPPEN IT’D BE PERFECTTTT

Consider it done as of 2 hours ago.

Haha I read this on twitter.

Can I say dream come true?

Ifuckinglovethisbeat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryWl8zWaAGA

Substantial said:Consider it done as of 2 hours ago.

DOPE!!!!
I luv Cradle Orchestra’s sound. - Really nice vibe Smile. This is gonna be great!

energetikk said:

Substantial said:Consider it done as of 2 hours ago.

DOPE!!!!
I luv Cradle Orchestra’s sound. - Really nice vibe Smile. This is gonna be great!

Ask and you shall receive.

Can you release Chico and the Man before April?

Drutopia said:Can you release Chico and the Man before April?

bf-cmon.jpg

QN5 said:

Drutopia said:Can you release Chico and the Man before April?

bf-cmon.jpg

cam-true-mag.jpg

damn. i am SO excited for this. i am such a sucker for live band hip-hop…add QN5…i must be dreaming

ha! that’s cool that you actually hooked up with those guys. they’re grrrrreat

I’ve got a couple beatmakers’ names from the DC area (i think…) Oddisee and Damu the Fudgemunk. Oddisee’s instrumental album called Travelling Man is brilliant, as is Damu’s collab with Boston rapper Insight as Y Society called Travel at Your Own Pace.

ianism said:ha! that’s cool that you actually hooked up with those guys. they’re grrrrreat

I’ve got a couple beatmakers’ names from the DC area (i think…) Oddisee and Damu the Fudgemunk. Oddisee’s instrumental album called Travelling Man is brilliant, as is Damu’s collab with Boston rapper Insight as Y Society called Travel at Your Own Pace.

We’re working with Oddisee on Sub’s next LP. Smile

sorrry for wasting a post but
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Cradle Orchestra is oh so dope

^ not really

Nujabes is so much better (speaking of previous ‘jazzy hip-hop’ Stan collabos), and I’d love to hear some new stuff from both of them in the future (haven’t heard any new material from Jun in ages now)

Cradle Orchestra is a bit to boring in my opinion, I’d rather listen to studio stuff as Cradle without the Orchestra.

umm speaking of collabs…

Emancipator!

another prodigy from Nujabes’ Hyde Out label, recently he released his 2nd album. dope electronic/hip-hop producer, if you like trip-hoppy, downtempo stuff, you’d love him.

and speaking of Emanc, Stan - have you ever heard of a guy called Sadistik ?? really really interesting MC, his first album was produced in 90% by Emancipator, check his single:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnzaPkl6Nvg

I can bet you’d love this beat.

sorry for all the typos from previous post, unfortunatelly I cannot edit it…

anyway, here are links to those two guys I mentioned:

http://www.myspace.com/emancipator
http://www.myspace.com/sadistik1

ianism said:ha! that’s cool that you actually hooked up with those guys. they’re grrrrreat

I generally dislike comparing rappers and producer to another, but Damu production is fantastic, he’s like a modern day Pete Rock. The production on Travel At Your Own Pace was incredible.

zin said:
Emancipator!

another prodigy from Nujabes’ Hyde Out label, recently he released his 2nd album.

^^Seriously needs to happen. As far as downtempo, Emancipator is unfuckwithable! Soon It Will Be Cold Enough <3
Not too big on cradle orchestra myself tbh, but they got some great stuff inbetween. I feel part of their problem is weak features- stan would def change that Smile

i love both cradle orchestra and emancipator. and stan.

QN5 said:

We’re working with Oddisee on Sub’s next LP. Smile

Oddisee & Stan? An entire LP? I’m imagining Stan verses on any of Oddisee’s Season EPs and it just gives me goosebumps.

And an Emancipator/QN5 collabo would be awesome. I would imagine it’d be almost My Lady-esque.

TimmWith2Ms said:
Oddisee & Stan? An entire LP? I’m imagining Stan verses on any of Oddisee’s Season EPs and it just gives me goosebumps.

i suspect it’s a few tracks at most, def not an entire LP.

zin said:Nujabes (...) I’d love to hear some new stuff from both of them in the future (haven’t heard any new material from Jun in ages now)

ehhhh

too late Sad

Man this song is awesome. I never heard of Cradle Orchestra Before and this song is dope! Great collab!

Oh my!!!! This is much better than even imagined. I don’t know what to say…
Gotta go change my underwear -.-

Yup, just got Stan’s email about his new track. I personally think Cradle Orchestra can get tedious with too many repeats, but I definitely like this track. Good look.

Is that Sub singing on the hook? I’m lovin it.

Yeah that’s me, trying my best. lol

Nice, it actually worked out fine, even though I don’t remember hearing You sing before?

^ The “Star Child” chorus.. and probably some other recent stuff I can’t think of.

Keep it up, Stan. [thumbs up]