close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Substantial Bop Alloy

Substantial & Marcus D have something in the works, and they’re not spillin the beans yet. However, it’s called (or appears to be) Bop Alloy.

Seeing as they’ve already got Jazzmatic: Music to Take Your Breath Away.. could this be a SECOND project in the works? Or.. could the title of the project have changed for some reason? I donno, but Google don’t say shit about the term “bop alloy.”

Regardless of the circumstances, these two make some of the dopest music I’ve ever heard.

Hmmm. “Bop Alloy” is a pretty cool name. I actually don’t know the answer to this one, but I’ll ask. Smile

ok ok i follow.

it 2 album or 1?!

worm9103 said:ok ok i follow.

it 2 album or 1?!

The album was originally called Jazzmatic but after we came up with the group name we decided to change it to “Substantial & Marcus D are Bop Alloy”.

Bows back and mumbles “Don’t touch my mustache”.*

*Inside joke
Wink

so all the singles that were released on vinyl will be on the album?

Yes indeed.

is it gonna be a US release or Japan? and cd or digital only?

The album will be a Japan release first (CD & Digital) and then we will release it Digital only in the US. We are exploring physical distro options here in the states but we can’t promise you anything at this point.

appreciate the info Stan!

these two have an incredible sound together

Agreed^. One of the most original, soothing sounds I’ve ever heard. Cannot wait for more.

Seriously I like Substantial music a lot, but when you are flowing over Marcus D beats you really just elevate your game completely. I think you guys complement each other’s sound flawlessly. Just listened to Universe Works and just wanted to pay my respects to the great music you guys put out together.

I want this album in my life

Agrees to the fullest with the four posts above ^^^^
!!!

Substantial is steadily making his way up as my favourite rapper.

SiR_FoX said:Seriously I like Substantial music a lot, but when you are flowing over Marcus D beats you really just elevate your game completely. I think you guys complement each other’s sound flawlessly. Just listened to Universe Works and just wanted to pay my respects to the great music you guys put out together.

Quoted for truth. Was in the process of writing the same thing when I decided to not be arrogant and see if someone else already wrote what I was thinking.

so when is this releasing so I can make sure my broke ass atleast has 1 copy .

What’s the status on this now?

Sorry I have been under a rock. lol

Ok folks. The official update will drop next week. But basically the full length album drops this month. I know we haven’t been updating you all much but it has been because our attentions have been focused more on the Japan Edition which features a bonus track & the upcoming Nujabes Tribute. We will also drop the Deluxe Edition this month which will only be available digitally via http://www.BopAlloy.Bandcamp.com then eventually everywhere else online.

Stay tuned.

Sweeeeeet! Will the japanese version be available to buy online like your first album?

Yes indeed.

I gotta brush up on my Japanese so I can order the physical copy. haha

I’ve been waiting for this thing to drop forever! Glad to hear it’s going to be out soon. You can never get enough Stan and Marcus D.

Go to our facebook page and peep the cover art in the photos section. Have a napkin ready and try not to slobber all over your self. Wink

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bop-Alloy/119433651430835 [FIXED]

bad link.

Should be good now.

Can’t wait!!

Tracklist looks tight! Lots of Steph, and that’s always good.

dope stan!! i cannot wait
and that artwork is awesome

ill definitely go through the trouble of ordering on a Japanese site in order to get a physical copy of this. can finally pick up a physical copy of To This Union a Sun was Born while im at it too!