close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

QN5 Discussion QN5 @ CMJ: Recap.

This was an adventure for me.

I went with a good friend from high school (you all know him as bosoxfanpw7). He came out to my school, in northwestern MA, on Thursday night, hung out, and etc. We woke up around noon the next day, planed the trip to NYC, and left around 2pm. We drove about 4 hours to Newark, parked, and to the PATH into the city. After getting off the PATH, we got sort of lost for 20 mins, trying to find the right train to take up to where the club was. We eventually figured it out, and got to the venue at about 8pm.

The opening acts were a mixed bag for me. I was only familiar with iCON, and a couple (Fat Tony?) didn’t really seem to mesh QN5 hip hop. The first guy didn’t have a feel for the crowd at all, and kept trying to get girls to dance (ASS and TITTIES! *smh, he needs a few tips from Tone, imo).
Kokayi open the QN5 portion of the show, though the crowd really wasn’t feeling it. It was to bad, too. His voice (singing and rapping) was unbelievable. He’s incredibly polished, and we, as a fanbase, need to stop sleeping on him.
Next up was SOS, who, like Kokayi, had a dope performance, that the crowd didn’t really seem to be into. I, and a few other kids around me, were the only people who really seemed to know his songs.
Things livened up a bit for Substantial, though I was a bit lost on some of the songs (I need to get the new EP, and collect some of his older stuff. Fanboy fail). Also, Steph can SANG!

Shit really started to get crazy when Pack hit the stage. The man has incredible energy, the the whole crowd fed off of. The best part of the show might have been when SOS came back out, and did Stop/Start. The freestyles were awesome, with Mecca and Sandman, if I’m remembering it right. And of course, Stomp in the middle of the audience…
Tone finished us off, with some singing (I was thrilled to hear Warden), pervertedness, crazy energy, and some Ef@mm sprinkled in. Crispy, the printer jam song, was great a cappela, though it was to bad about all the technical difficulties.

Anyway, after the show got out, around 2am, my friend and I proceeded to travel all the way back to my school, where we arrived around 730am. I dont get to sleep, though, as I have a cross country meet to leave for at 830am. My voice is gone, and feet kill, and I’m exhausted. I’ll probably die running later, but it was worth it.

Also, i did not have the money for this trip, so over the course of the night, I overdrew my checking account, and have no cash in my wallet. Very Happy

So, to wrap this up, thanks to everyone for making this happen. We love you guys!

From Pack:

why I love #qn5 fans: we broke the venue’s live stream record with close to 700 viewers watching online.YOU GUYS ROCK

Also, hits to our CMJ twitter page surpassed hits to our forum page yesterday. Other than our homepage, nothing’s ever beat our forum in terms of hits.

^Neat stuff. I was unaware of the live stream (fail) or else I would have been +1 in the record stomping. My apologies.

I was watching Kokayi rock from the monitors and dude basically put on a clinic.

QN5 said:I was watching Kokayi rock from the monitors and dude basically put on a clinic..

Word…his set was VERY impressive!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNwZS0Vq0ms

One of the many jaw-dropping moments from the showcase.

del preston said:This was an adventure for me…....

Tone finished us off

HAHAAHAA

Monotonous ONE said:

del preston said:This was an adventure for me…....

Tone finished us off

HAHAAHAA

get_your_mind_out_of_the_gutter_tshirt-p235995155262411173cfho_400.jpg

samiha said:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNwZS0Vq0ms

One of the many jaw-dropping moments from the showcase.

tone, u should prolly release the megashow footage of Crispy, just to dispell alllllll haters (secret ploy to get megashow footage)

but that freestyle clip (and the other clips from the show) is the shit. No one can fuck with QN5 in a live show

2 by four said:tone, u should prolly release the megashow footage of Crispy, just to dispell alllllll haters (secret ploy to get megashow footage)

haha Thanks mane. I definitely will eventually.

we got to see everything from Kokayi straight up KILLIN it to Pack forgeting a verse and picking it up by freestyling instead (which was pretty nice) to hearing FYIRB again (and yes we all took a knee at one point)... if u missed it… then u missed something special

btw the I F*CKING HATE RAPPERS shirt is pretty fucking dope… holler

El Kay said:we got to see everything from Kokayi straight up KILLIN it to Pack forgeting a verse and picking it up by freestyling instead (which was pretty nice) to hearing FYIRB again (and yes we all took a knee at one point)... if u missed it… then u missed something special

btw the I F*CKING HATE RAPPERS shirt is pretty fucking dope… holler

He didn’t forget the verse…

I think he is talking about token love song, he freestyled the last verse

wasnt it on stop and start? i may be mistaken

either way… the recovery was good and it was enjoyable… thats whats really important