close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Tonedeff :: Tonedeff’s Twitter [SONG OF MY DAY] Thread ::

Whoa, I’ve been telling everyone about John Grant’s Queen of Denmark, and no one knows that damn records (which is nothing short of insanely unfair!)!! - And then there you are Tone, promoting it - two thumps up Tone, from… yeah you got it, Denmark! Very Happy

Hey Tone, what does Tori Amos mean by Gold Dust?

Jeppe said:Whoa, I’ve been telling everyone about John Grant’s Queen of Denmark, and no one knows that damn records (which is nothing short of insanely unfair!)!! - And then there you are Tone, promoting it - two thumps up Tone, from… yeah you got it, Denmark! Very Happy

Word! I first caught on to John Grant when he opened for Midlake @ Bowery Ballroom back in 2007. Dudes voice is TREMENDOUS. Like… just stirring. Midlake helped co-produce this album and it’s just on another level than the stuff he was doing with The Czars. In terms of promo, yeah, most folks don’t know yet… but give it time. Something will hit for him. True talent always rises when it’s consistent.

halfamazing said:Hey Tone, what does Tori Amos mean by Gold Dust?

The fun with Tori lyrics is that they’re insanely cryptic. If I gave you my interpretation, I’d kinda ruin it for you. Love that fucking song, though. Glad you peeped it.

BTW.. I’m playing the LIVING SHIT out of PJ Harvey’s new album right now (in between Oneirology and King of Limbs). HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

pj-harvey-let-england-shake1.jpg

^^^^

good looks Tone. I just copped that album solely on your word w/o listening to it. Holy shit is it dope. Def diggin it.

2 by four said:^^^^

good looks Tone. I just copped that album solely on your word w/o listening to it. Holy shit is it dope. Def diggin it.

Fresh! Wouldn’t steer ya wrong, mane! Good music to all and everyone!

Updated.

You know what man. If you had like… I don’t know. An hour or two out of a certain day you’d want to spend on turntable.fm and play some joints with us blue schoolers… well that would be awesome. It would be a great fucking time. Set a date & time, create a private room, share the link here and play some tunes. I’d absolutely love it.

Let me know what you think.

^
Love this idea. “Songs Like Gathered” thread 2.0.

halfamazing said:You know what man. If you had like… I don’t know. An hour or two out of a certain day you’d want to spend on turntable.fm and play some joints with us blue schoolers… well that would be awesome. It would be a great fucking time. Set a date & time, create a private room, share the link here and play some tunes. I’d absolutely love it.

Let me know what you think.

I had a QN5 room going when turntable.fm first started up but now you have to be in the states to use the site which sucks balls.

thanks for the Apparat track, really good

@riz: rolling.fm is a turntable.fm alternative that works for international users (last I tried, a few weeks ago)

Updated.

I’m about to start rickrolling.fm (c) 2011

that PJ harvey album is very different and the music gives me a weird vibe, im not really use to listening to music like that but at the same time i like it and its definitely something that when i bump it in tha street’s ill get some funny f**kin looks from sum random ass ppl so its a keeper in my book

P.s The song “All And Everyone” was one my favorites from that album ; )

Kid Abstract said:that PJ harvey album is very different and the music gives me a weird vibe, im not really use to listening to music like that but at the same time i like it and its definitely something that when i bump it in tha street’s ill get some funny f**kin looks from sum random ass ppl so its a keeper in my book

Haha. Word. It’s a concept album about War and death - it’s bound to elicit some uncomfortable vibes - which is part of why it’s awesome.

Great list. Some songs are just a bit too relaxed for me, but I can see where you’re coming from. Keep ‘em coming.

tone, I know you’re a big Radiohead fan.

I’ve listened to their hits throughout the years and heard all of ‘OK Computer’, but I’m just recently really playing out their entire catalog. I used to think Coldplay was on the same level, but now I know how foolish I was to sleep on this incredible band.

I recently listened to ‘Kid A’ in its entirety for the first time. I’ve heard songs from the album before but never listened to the whole album in one sitting (with new headphones). I was completely blown away.

Though it is short, I think ‘Kid A’ might be one of my favorite albums ever. Not to mention you can still hear the album’s influence on pop/electronic/hip-hop/indie music today.

What is your favorite Radiohead album?

Damn i’d forgotten about these, relistening to “Sophia” right now.
This needs to be a put in a playlist.

Updated.

Do you listen to Ludovico Einaudi at all? Try this one:

http://youtu.be/pw81Mkv6ns0

I reckon if you don’t enjoy this you’ve got a heart made of stone.

QN5 said:Hahah No. But that would be awesome. It’s another artist that I love dearly.

Just curious, did we ever find out who this was - and in that case, are said artist still a part of the “plan”?

Wow Tonedeff’s taste in music is fucking amazing. Incredibly diverse and knowledgeable.

Just started going through the list and Apparat is fucking amazing especially the album the track is posted from.

Thanks Tone, going to check out the rest when I get time.