close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

QN5 Discussion That’s What Happens

Yo this new track is crazy!
PackFM and Tonedeff rip it, and the beat is fuckin hype too. I hope the rest of the songs off this upcoming 2dopeboyz project will be as good.
Not sure if I should be posting this incase Tone was goin’ too or somethin’.
If so.. My bads, delete this post.

link:
http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2010/06/30/tonedeff-packfm-thats-what-happens/#comments

Word! Everyone head on over to 2Dopeboyz and rate & comment!

ill track! Tone and Pack kill it and the beat is dope. is it me or does Tone kind of sound like Eminem but deeper on the chorus (especially the “na na na na na”). i guess its the the way the layering makes it sound. i dunno, maybe im just crazy haha.

QN5 said:Word! Everyone head on over to 2Dopeboyz and rate & comment!

Commented. Has anyone ever mentioned that you sound like Brian? I sware that ‘Uh, hey’ at the start is you! Very Happy

he sounds a little like will smith at the beginning of his verse… or i might just be trippin’

onilink said:he sounds a little like will smith at the beginning of his verse… or i might just be trippin’

actually yeah, that track Will Smith had out a few years ago, was it ‘Hush’? Tones verse starts with a similar flow…and then just goes ridiculous. I was wondering what sounded similar on the first few lines.

Pretty much the new flow is a total success…can’t wait for CATM. Pack kills this one as well, another PackFM song on heavy rotation for my iPod.

The Trashman said:Pretty much the new flow is a total success…can’t wait for CATM. Pack kills this one as well, another PackFM song on heavy rotation for my iPod.

yeah, I feel like I aint givin Pack his due on this one but i’ll get to it.

KNOWLEDGE said:

The Trashman said:Pretty much the new flow is a total success…can’t wait for CATM. Pack kills this one as well, another PackFM song on heavy rotation for my iPod.

yeah, I feel like I aint givin Pack his due on this one but i’ll get to it.

pack def crushes that shit——id say both verses are equal in bodacity

Well, Pack had his new double time flow on IFHR which was f***ing ill!

Nitroxide said:is it me or does Tone kind of sound like Eminem…

onilink said:he sounds a little like will smith at the beginning of his verse..

lion_face_palm.jpg

I think Pack and Tone bring the best out in each other. Tone and Pack EP FTW.

onilink said:he sounds a little like will smith at the beginning of his verse… or i might just be trippin’

We’re you once Tonedeff’s first manager? haha

lol, i’ve been re-watching lots of his movies lately, maybe thats why, so yea prolly trippin.

that lion face palm pic is win!

Lol. Nah but for real Tone you take it onto some next level shit with this one, even if u do sound like the Fresh Prince first few bars :p

and if hes talking early ‘Rock Bottom’ Eminem type flow they aint nothin wrong with that.

KNOWLEDGE said:...even if u do sound like the Fresh Prince first few bars :p

and if hes talking early ‘Rock Bottom’ Eminem type flow they aint nothin wrong with that.

I appreciate the necessity to ascribe characteristics of your favorite rappers in an effort to praise the work, but why can’t I just “sound like” Tonedeff?

will smith seriously? pretty sure it sounds like tonedizzle

Nitroxide said:is it me or does Tone kind of sound like Eminem but deeper on the chorus (especially the “na na na na na”).

“QN5 Music. We all sound just like Eminem.”

Haha. Song is crazy though. Pack goes Stewie on this track!

QN5 said:

KNOWLEDGE said:...even if u do sound like the Fresh Prince first few bars :p

and if hes talking early ‘Rock Bottom’ Eminem type flow they aint nothin wrong with that.

I appreciate the necessity to ascribe characteristics of your favorite rappers in an effort to praise the work, but why can’t I just “sound like” Tonedeff?

actually, I didnt say you sounded like Eminem and Will Smith is far from my favourite rapper. In fact, if we’re talking favourite rappers mine is between you, Pack and possibly early solo Ice Cube, but thats beside the point.

I mean, this is one of the best verse i’ve ever heard from you Tone, for this type of track, I dont mean to diss you or anything. This sounds like next level Tonedeff but the flow at the start does remind me of something and the closest I could think of was Will Smith on ‘Hush’ (i think it was called), awful track but nice flow (there was at least one ghostwriter in there, probabily Mad Skillz). But then like I said, you flipped it about 3 times through the track. On the real, I havent been more impressed with a flow since Big Pun on that track he did with Black Thought.

Yeah, it does sound like Tonedeff, and it sound like a Tone and Pack heater, but there was just something familiar about your flow or voice or somethin at the start. Plus, I figured saying you sounds like the Fresh Prince a few times might wind you up and you artists get it too easy on these boards Smile

tell you what, when I get my copy of IFHR i’ll send my copy of ‘Code Red’ to the return address and you and Pack can stomp it into the ground like the photocopier on Office Space #IFHR

I have definitely heard the Tone comparison to Eminem. Is that necessarily a bad thing?

TechNician9 said:I have definitely heard the Tone’s comparison to Eminem. Is that necessarily a bad thing?

No, Eminem has a crazy flow when he can be bothered. I think Tone’s point though is that he wants his music to be discussed for what it is, not what it can be compared to. It’s a fair point but comparisons are always going to happen in any form of media. This new flow though, its not like anything I ever heard off Em. like I said above, only rapper who came close to it was Pun.

People break down MC’s like they’re molecules these days,

Drake is one part Phonte, one part Weezy, with a splash of Yeezy. LOL It’s sad cause labels will tell people to make songs that sound like other contemporary people, and they’ll do it, blatantly.

I think Tonedeff sounded like himself using a new flow, I didn’t think of Em or Big Will. Sometimes I wish I sounded like GFK.

KNOWLEDGE said:I think Pack and Tone bring the best out in each other. Tone and Pack EP FTW.

this

this song though…after hearing it, I had to listen to it ten times more in a row because that’s just how ill the song is and it’s just that well written that I sat there listening and reading along to catch all the details and nuances of Tone and Pack’s flow and rhyme scheme
love love love the song

I def heard an em kinda thing going on the first time I heard the song. And Brian definitely sounds like tone. I’m not hearing will smith thing though. sorry guys. hahah

I’m liking the new flow; it works!

Simply insane all around. This going to need at least 100 listens to catch everything. I like how it’s more than just an “I’m better than you” rap because it has those elements but they both mix in inside stuff such as:

-Feed me beats that’s harder than the task of finding an Asterisk CD

-This track is the prequel to “Ruthless”

-And the line about the QN5 “mission”

Everything in this song is complex. The tie in with Sotomayor/Supreme Court/gavel/token spic/corn or flour/etc goes beyond your typical mixtape bang-it-out verse.

I don’t understand the line about this being a prequel to Ruthless. Am I missing something?

That’s What Happens is like.. i’ma beatchu up

Ruthless is like.. i’m beatin you up

houstonz said:That’s What Happens is like.. i’ma beatchu up

Ruthless is like.. i’m beatin you up

that and the rhyme pattern in TWH is a pattern that evolves into the pattern that i use on ruthless

The Trashman said:I think Tonedeff sounded like himself…

Ya know? One of the things I love about QN5 is the range of artists on the label. They’re all different types of rappers, and they’re all very unique. The only time I’ve ever heard anyone say that Tone sounded like Em was when my old boss made the comparison (who remembered hip-hop from her childhood, or heard it every now and then on the radio or when passing my office). That coupled with the old slogan made me think there may have been a little something to it. The best I could come up with was that people who are new to the music take that whole multisyllabic-technical rapper thing to be something invented by Eminem.
So if that’s the case, yeah. Tone sounds like Eminem the same way Pharoahe Monch and Fabalous do. But besides being technically gifted/skilled rappers, none of these cats sound anything alike. In this track, or any other.

Dr_Gonzo said:

The Trashman said:I think Tonedeff sounded like himself…

Ya know? One of the things I love about QN5 is the range of artists on the label. They’re all different types of rappers, and they’re all very unique. The only time I’ve ever heard anyone say that Tone sounded like Em was when my old boss made the comparison (who remembered hip-hop from her childhood, or heard it every now and then on the radio or when passing my office). That coupled with the old slogan made me think there may have been a little something to it. The best I could come up with was that people who are new to the music take that whole multisyllabic-technical rapper thing to be something invented by Eminem.
So if that’s the case, yeah. Tone sounds like Eminem the same way Pharoahe Monch and Fabalous do. But besides being technically gifted/skilled rappers, none of these cats sound anything alike. In this track, or any other.

truth.gif

PackFM said:

houstonz said:That’s What Happens is like.. i’ma beatchu up

Ruthless is like.. i’m beatin you up

that and the rhyme pattern in TWH is a pattern that evolves into the pattern that i use on ruthless


just…DAMN.

I kinda wish I just waited until three years from now when that would hit me one day at work and I woulda been like DAYUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM instead of just asking haha.

That is what I love about QN5, the music never gets old cause I can listen to some 8 year old tracks I have heard 1000000 times and STILL catch a new punchline.

Thank you all gentlemen.