close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Kno Death Is Silent - Official Discussion Thread

Kno said:Trying to sort out the vinyl artwork. Probably going to be 2XLP gatefold with all lyrics on insert and white vinyl.

Out of curiosity do you think itll be out before the end of 2013? Or will it be sooner than that.

mattthegod said:

Kno said:Trying to sort out the vinyl artwork. Probably going to be 2XLP gatefold with all lyrics on insert and white vinyl.

Out of curiosity do you think itll be out before the end of 2013? Or will it be sooner than that.

As soon as PackFM finishes the layout I’ll send it in and turn time is about 4-6 weeks. No reason for it not to be done before Megashow.

Kno said:

mattthegod said:

As soon as PackFM finishes the layout I’ll send it in and turn time is about 4-6 weeks. No reason for it not to be done before Megashow.

That sounds awesome. Well you got my $20-25 whenever you start selling them.

White vinyl announced for 9/17

JTX said:White vinyl announced for 9/17

Dope!

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m assuming this means that they will NOT be available at the Megashow??... Pre-orders are coming up “soon” (which could mean before the Megashow) and I’d hate to get my copes online when I could just pick them up at the show because ideally I want to get one of them signed.

It will not be ready for Megashow, no.

Kno said:It will not be ready for Megashow, no.

Ok I figured as much. Thanks for the response!

Between the limited edition of Noir by BSBD and the limited edition of Death Is Silent, both releasing in September by the looks of it, I’ll be in vinyl heaven during the month of my birthday. As long as I am amongst the lucky few to snag a copy, and I pray that I am.

That vinyl will definitely be on the wall by my Oneirology and Archetype records.

Definitely copping all the vinyl that’s about to be released.

I put the instrumentals on for DIS while doing my homework this evening, and once again I was simply blown away by the quality. They instantly put you in the mood of the song, and even the instrumentals convey a message. Only “problem” though..

The production on the title track is so powerful that listening to the instrumental is nearly impossible for me. Listening to the cries simply gives me shivers down my spine if all I have to focus on is the production.
Actually, the title track might be one of my all-time favorite songs. The verse Kno drops makes my jaw drop time and time again.

Timeless classic.

^ co sign with that verse being one of his greatest. That verse is absolutely amazing. The way he describes death is horribly beautiful.

Btw I currently have La Pettie Mort as my ringtone.

That song’s production is just beyond beautiful. The soothing melody, the sampled voice, the guitar, the synths. Literally all the things i could ever like in a hip hop track on that song.

^ The way Kno relates death and sex in that song is mind blowing. “While I guide your little man on the boat across the Styx River”. That song is the hardest CL song to decipher that I can think of off of the top of my head. So many double entendres. A true masterpiece of a song.

Is the vinyl being shipped on 9/17, or is that when pre-orders will start?

jbkrule said:Is the vinyl being shipped on 9/17, or is that when pre-orders will start?

Pre-orders more than likely. I think if it was shipping on the 17th then pre-orders would have already been up. Nice, possibly natti+death is silent vinyl+polydisc pre-orders on the same day.

I think pre-orders are typically associated with “new” records and they’re used to gauge the size of the audience, etc. during the big promotional season for an album. DIS is almost 3 years old at this point (holy shit time flies). I wouldn’t be surprised if they just went up for sell on the 17th.

Vinyl pre-orders are up.

only 250… get them while they’re hot:

https://cunninlynguists.bandcamp.com/album/death-is-silent

Saw that, just got it. I’m so psyched and we get new music in the meantime while we wait for it to ship!

I just copped mine. You snooze you lose, that’s what I always say. Downloaded the MP3 album to be pleasantly surprised by a Thomax Remix added at the end.

Just went onto the bandcamp website (randomly just the home page, I never do that) and saw DiS on the main page and then subsequently the vinyl.

Awesome.

Also: Thank you Kno for doing International shipping after all. My old DiS tee got ruined in the wash, so copped the deluxe one.

best thing i’ve done all morning so far….
i bet some people might be disappointed that the only tee left is small women’s. i wasn’t Wink bam!

I’m smacking myself for not seeing the deluxe version when I ordered on my phone last night. Now there are only 6 left and they are only women’s small. I don’t even date small women. BAH, at least I got the vinyl.

I wonder how quickly these will go? Looks like the deluxe ones are all but gone. 250 is such a nice limited number.

Today marks the 4 year anniversary of this beautiful album, folks. Special shout to the timeless “La Petite Mort” for being one of the best hip hop songs ever penned & produced, period. Soooo ready for the DIS successor.