close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Kokayi [POLL] Pick The Next Kokayi Single…

POLL › What Should Kokayi's Next Single Be?

Nicotine 7
Only 24
Over There 19
Total Votes: 50

“RoxTar” & “Autumn Rules” have already made the cut, but we’d like to get your opinion on what Kokayi’s next single should be.

Let us know!

I have to wait for the physical copy to hear the album. :`(

Otherwise I’d vote.

Damn that is hard. If you replaced Nicotine with Ninety 5 the list would be my album top 3. As much as I love Over There I gotta give this one to Only. That piano man, dayummmmm. Shit is something special.

i went with Only
I love that song

Over There mainly for the unique topic and the message it sends.

You should have to buy the album to hear Only Razz

My vote for Only.

Over There would be good too.

I voted for Over There

I voted “Nicotine” because it’s unique from the other singles and one of my favorites.

i picked Over There because it encapsulates a major theme of the album title. either of the other two would be excellent though

i loved only.. but def.. over there captures the essence feel for the whole album

i voted for only, but all three are great!

I just streamed the album on bandcamp a couple times (waiting for my physical copy) and, strictly looking at this from the perspective of which single would bring the most fans that the other two didn’t already, I would say Over There is the best option, but Only would also be great.

That said, Ninety Five would be the absolute best I think, despite not being an option.

Really, I can see any of these being a strong single. I don’t know if I’m ready to actually vote. “Only” definitely has that vibe though. Kokayi bodied it.

Just did my first listen through. I’m a little slow; didn’t realize the album was streaming on bandcamp.

I judged based solely on my first listen; because in order to attract non-blue schoolers, the single has to be powerful enough to immediately hold their attention.
‘Only’ demands your attention. The song is better than sex. The only way the song could get any better is if you’re banging a girl while listening to it. Very Happy

The piano line is unstoppable, I broke my neck on the hook and kokayi’s flow is smooooth.

waiting for my physical copy, just checked out all 3 for the first time on bandcamp

all 3 were dope as fuck, but on first impression I’ll go with “Only”

‘Over There’, simply because of the awesome strings. However, if ‘Wynter Of My Discontent’ was on there it would be that 1000 times over.

I voted Over There, my favourite at least for the moment

It took quite a few listens between ‘Over There’ and ‘Only’ although I had to give it to ‘Only’. Going through my first listen through and I must say what an album.

iMaraud said:It took quite a few listens between ‘Over There’ and ‘Only’ although I had to give it to ‘Only’. Going through my first listen through and I must say what an album.

I was going to say (almost) exactly the same thing. So yeah, I voted for Only and the album has been on constant repeat for 2 days now. Can’t get enough of it. Very Happy

I voted ‘Only’ but ‘Over There’ is a great choice too.

I had to go with ‘Over There’ on this one, although it was more or less equally this and ‘Only’ ... Those strings, as someone mentioned, are just .....

neverbetter said:
I judged based solely on my first listen; because in order to attract non-blue schoolers, the single has to be powerful enough to immediately hold their attention.
‘Only’ demands your attention ... The piano line is unstoppable ... and kokayi’s flow is smooooth.

what he said.

also after listening to each song once I found that Only was the song I wanted repeat first

EsCo said:i loved only.. but def.. over there captures the essence feel for the whole album

I definitely agree w/ EsCo here. Can def ‘groove’ to this song. What he said^.

Over There! Love Only, but Over There is clearly on of my fav’s of the album - although it’s CRAZY hard to pick just one..

I voted for Only, cause I really like the mood it sets and the piano in it is a killer, also it’s the song which sounds in my head constantly after the week of scrobbling dedicated to Kokayi.

I voted Nicotine, but only cause Chanticleer wasn’t included. Only would be dope as well though.

W’all won!

hahah “W’all”