close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Deacon The Villain :: Official ‘Niggaz With Latitude (NWL)’ Album Discussion Thread ::

The album’s out! Discuss!

dope as always. Is it gonna be on Itunes

annyrutts said:dope as always. Is it gonna be on Itunes

Yes. Bandcamp has the fastest turn-around time of all digital distributors. It is also the most beneficial for the actual artist.

Yeah iTunes sucks Squijee’s balls. This album, however, does not. I knew it would be dope but damn it’s also so beautiful. I love to hear artistic growth and to me, Sheisty Khrist on NWL >x10 Sheisty Khrist on Gun. I like Tonedeff’s rant about it on the front page and I agree it’s a very dense project, just the way I likez em happy

Final Call has that vibe about it… wow.

For some reason the satellites from the album download sounds alot different in my truck than the satellites I downloaded from the blog…it doesn’t hit near as hard. Must of been the format or something…I’ma have to go back and re download the one from the blog to replace it lol. Whole album is great though.

Upto Black Dog and loving it so far. Sheisty is just INSANE on this, I’ve really never heard a rhyming scheme like his - pure chaos and yet so well structured and written. Sounds like he’s spent years writing detailed essays on various things in society etc, and then burnt it all and just rapped whatever stuck in his head.
And of course any new Deacon produced (and Kokayi/Kno for that matter) material is a pleasure. I ain’t even gonna try and choose a favourite atm, cos its changing each time a new track comes on.

Shaiesty Khrist is insanely good! And Deacon is as always one of my favo rappers!

Rene1979 said:Only Rip the Guts, dudes what were you thinkin’. Thats the only skipper for me…

Hehe I had a feeling some people would have that reaction for the track. I wasn’t sure when I first heard but after a couple of listen I’m digging it. Props to Deacon & Sheisty for not being afraid of breaking the mold Smile

Rene1979 said:Only Rip the Guts, dudes what were you thinkin’.

C’mon, don’t be a dick. This is exactly what I was talking about on Twitter yesterday.

http://twitter.com/Kno/status/9345618505891841

You don’t like it, great—but your entire first two sentences were written simply to set-up your inherent want to shit on the hook of 1 song. Stop it.

first listen production sounds bonkers
but especially whoa @ final call and nobody speaks

Like spycko said, “fear don’t live here!”

Don’t get me wrong. I love this album. Its not about being a dick. But i am no american so my english writing isnt superb. But i have ordered the album as soon as the pre-order was up. I also did that with the Kno an PackFM album. So i got love for all the artist at QN5. And as i said i love this album but hey i dont like one song. Maybe ill like it when i heard it ten times.

And come on Kno, those sings you say on twitter are not very cool for youre fans outside the USA. I know we speak crooked English, but i don’t talk sideways but up front. It’s no drama to dislike one song? I have albums were i only like one song. And for real Deacon and you are my altime favo rapper/producer. I have all the cunninlynguists cd’s and in this time of downloading how often can you say that?

And btw it’s only the hook that doesnt do it for me. Relay Deacon and Shaisty no disrespect! But i dont know how to put it in good English writing..

god damn, Sheisty sounds hungry. that rhyme scheme is just insane. he rips though the tracks but can calm it down when necessary. Final Call is my favorite track after the first listen.

What sucks is that i know if people actually listened to the music then they would love it but it seems like people arnt open to people who are some called good by the blogs. I mean on 2dopeboyz, this has one comment. We need to be commenting on there.

It is the same thing on sites like smoking section, i remember when the track with Freddie Gibs came out, a comment was “So it took Freddie Gibs to make me listen to a CunninLynguists.” i mean how can you be a fan of freddie gibs and not this. freddie is cool and all but deacon, natti and now Sheisty are like freddie x10.

well thats the end of my little rant. the album is great so fuck what everybody else thinks they think

This shat is hawt. 2nd play through right now. Mo layturr

P.S. Million Miles High’s production sounds like it could’ve worked on Death Is Silent.

Rene1979 we still love u man! Now go download some punk rock and and go buck wild! To elevate rap, we have to take the rap listener outide of their comfort zone ya dig! Like Kno said, it was just for a hook. We coulda rocked out the whole song! Lol but u may have disowned us lol

Rene1979 said:It’s no drama to dislike one song?

I don’t care how many records you buy, I am a grown man and I don’t allow myself or others that matter to me to be disrespected. Supporting an artist doesn’t give you the right to talk out of the side of your neck to them.

If you’d like to give constructive criticism, please do so—but you need to understand the difference between saying “This song isn’t my favorite for these reasons” and saying “WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?”

The second one is some disrespectful shit, especially when your entire comment was fashioned in such a way so that you could say THAT right in the middle. I’m no idiot.

I’m done listening to it, reading it, whatever…native speaker or not. Constructive critique is encouraged, but anyone doing that shit right THERE directly to me or on our own website is getting called on it from now on. Go to NahRight or TwoDopeBoyz for that shit.

This album is ridiculous! I’ve been listening all day and can honestly say that this might be my vote for album of the year. I knew this album would bang but dayum! It seems like everyone on the album (especially Deacon and Sheisty) made it their mission to destroy every track. The production on this albumis also in my opinion Deacon’s best work to date, which is saying a lot. I would also like to point out that Willie Eames guitar work on Final Call is amazing. That is all for now.

dontsweatit said:god damn, Sheisty sounds hungry. that rhyme scheme is just insane. he rips though the tracks but can calm it down when necessary.

harrym said:Sheisty is just INSANE on this, I’ve really never heard a rhyming scheme like his - pure chaos and yet so well structured and written. Sounds like he’s spent years writing detailed essays on various things in society etc, and then burnt it all and just rapped whatever stuck in his head.

This.

Kno. That’s my brother from another mothafuckin mother right there! “I Vincent Van Gogh hard in the paint (Aye!) I beat yo ass if u fux wit em!

This album is awesome. If I was a guy named Renee I probably wouldn’t like metal guitars either. Doesn’t make ‘Rip the Guts’ any less dope, I don’t care if a million people make a sideways comment about it (they won’t).

“Out here its either kill or be killed,
So fuck a Miller Light, gimme a Philistine shield”

Ok common guys, no beefs here because i said something about a song. That i did not mean the way its stated. I was just honest in my own way about one little hook o a whole album wich i love. But you know what i will just keep my mouth shut for the rest here. I just wanted to say i love the album but its misunderstood in a whole. And i hope no hard feelings. Just a fan with an honest opinion wich was misunderstood. And sould have put it out better or not at all.

Deacon The Villain said:Rene1979 we still love u man! Now go download some punk rock and and go buck wild! To elevate rap, we have to take the rap listener outide of their comfort zone ya dig! Like Kno said, it was just for a hook. We coulda rocked out the whole song! Lol but u may have disowned us lol

I will do that, but i am more of a soul/Jazzy guy. But i will ask a buddy of mine for some of his cd’s Wink And Disowned never that! Even if you hate me for my comment, i love CL and al of the people around it (Sub, Pack, And all thos e other guys) And i will keep buying the artists cd’s to support you guys in making more Hip Hop music, i love.

Yo, Sheisty Khrist needs to sign as a solo artist or join CL or something, this dude is crazy good!!! Deacon, as always, one of the top artists around, I’m not even gonna say MC, cause you do it all. All the guests are on point. NWL is an epic win.

QN5! WHAT!

Rene1979 said:I will do that, but i am more of a soul/Jazzy guy.

You should check out Bad Brains, just to see how you feel about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaBWHaoNJ7s

The Trashman said:Deacon, as always, one of the top artists around, I’m not even gonna say MC, cause you do it all. All the guests are on point. NWL is an epic win.

QN5! WHAT!

That

Kno said:

Rene1979 said:I will do that, but i am more of a soul/Jazzy guy.

You should check out Bad Brains, just to see how you feel about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaBWHaoNJ7s

Checked it out but i can’t say after one spin Smile Will listen it tommorow again. Sometimes i have to step out of my own comfort zone to love things.

Another GEM guys! This really exceeded my expectations.

If he hadn’t already, Deacon solidified his place in the top producers out right now. Not to mention his rhymes are as polished as ever.

And that dude Sheisty…what’s the new word for swagger? Whatever it is, Sheisty invented that shit. Ridiculous flow! And he has a crazy-ass quote in every damn track!

Solid guest production, guest spots, Pack, Natti, Kno. And I really like what Kokayi did with American Greed. Can’t wait for the instrumentals.

The whole thing ends so beautifully with Final Call. That Bianca Spriggs has some passionate things to say. And the guitaaaarzzzz I was like O_O at the end of that.

Brilliant work!

Best album of 2010.

Can’t wait for the lyrics, I need to “dissect” these verses Wink

Fuck the haters, Rip the Guts hits hard. the track is an Instant standout.

For real. Not even on some Stan shit. Ain’t noone fuckin with the releases QN5 has put out this year.