close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Deacon The Villain :: Official ‘Niggaz With Latitude (NWL)’ Album Discussion Thread ::

No shit, huh. lol

Final Call is such a beautiful song. The verses, beat, and outro instrumentation with Bianca, Budo, and Willie doin their damn thang.. Dayum!!

I think, if you wanted to, you could even compare it to The Light..

Final Call is a work of art. Right up there with The Light imo.

I can’t wait to delve into this fully when my copy arrives! I listened though the digital once and now it’s itching at me!

Zao 2.0 said:Rip The Guts >>>>>>>>>>>>

Yall shoulda called Joe Budden to get on that he has cars too

You’re pathetic.

enthusiasm said:

You’re pathetic.

+1

What’s this guy’s deal?

neverbetter said:

enthusiasm said:

You’re pathetic.

+1

What’s this guy’s deal?

Zao 2.0 = Joe Budden?

neverbetter said:

enthusiasm said:

You’re pathetic.

+1

What’s this guy’s deal?

He has cars too? Haha wtf smh gtfo titwwtrjbd (that’s a new one for this is the wrong website to ride Joe buddens dick)

halfamazing said:

Deacon The Villain said: Yall really surprised me. I didn’t think it would be recieved so well.

Kidding right? That’s modesty right there.. wow

seriously. modesty to the max. get some more self-confidence Deacon ha.
I’m very happy to hear Deacon is getting back into producing because those beats are nice. From the small samples done before hearing Deacon fully produce stuff, I always thought he’d be good at it, but dammit if my expectations weren’t exceeded. It’d be cool to hear Deacon and Kno produce together for a CL album maybe. See what amazing things arise from such an occasion.

DjMc1200 said:

neverbetter said:

enthusiasm said:

You’re pathetic.

+1

What’s this guy’s deal?

He has cars too? Haha wtf smh gtfo titwwtrjbd (that’s a new one for this is the wrong website to ride Joe buddens dick)

lolwtfcwjaefnoateiipafotb (lol wtf can we just abbreviate everything from now on and then explain it in parentheses afterwards forever on these boards?)

Tnen (This nonsense ends now.)

Am I the only one that’s noticed parts of Deacon’s verse on Nobody Speaks is different than the lyrics posted on bandcamp? lol

“we hide underneath a cloak of selfishness

“can’t nobody climb this mountain alone
but since your neighbors ain’t allowed in ya home
we face the battles from our house all alone
we need treatment but the counselor gone

I’m guessing the lyrics were typed up before the song was officially done and the lines were just re-done into something better.

houstonz said:Am I the only one that’s noticed parts of Deacon’s verse on Nobody Speaks is different than the lyrics posted on bandcamp? lol

I’m guessing the lyrics were typed up before the song was officially done and the lines were just re-done into something better.

Great catch. Artists often change lyrics on the fly. The lyrics have been amended.

Was today the start of shipping for physicals? I’ve been crazy busy with work (Xmas and Snow, awful when you’re a manager in the food distribution sector), and i’ve lost track of everything else.

BLAST FROM THE PAST:

kyliens-back.gif

For those who may have missed it (From QN5 Blog Posted 2 years ago):

On a random weekend over 40 Lexington area emcees came together for the love of Hip Hop & fellowship to recreate a classic. The choices were between Dr. Dre’s Chronic 2001, Common’s Be & Outkast Atliens (Other albums were considered but instrumentals were not available for every song on the albums).

A vote was taken and needless to say, it’s obvious what won. Being that I was born and raised in the Lexington area, it was an honor to be involved with this project.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.qn5.com/downloads/kyliens.zip

Sheisty rips 5 of these tracks and I remade Wheels of Steel from scratch with a twist.

Thanks! I needed this in my life.. Never heard KYliens, but i’m listenin’ now!

I had that…. it’s gooooooooooooooooood.

was the physical release delayed or something? No post on the blog announcing its release and no forum post saying pre orders have shipped. I cant seem to find physicals for sale on the net anywhere either…

Cept One said:was the physical release delayed or something? No post on the blog announcing its release and no forum post saying pre orders have shipped. I cant seem to find physicals for sale on the net anywhere either…

Niggaz With Latitude is truly a limited release. What you buy directly from niggnorance.com is virtually the only PHYSICAL distribution for this album. It’ll be available in random mom and pop stores around the nation, but that’s it. Unfortunately no major distributors expressed interest in this album, Deacon The Villain & Sheisty Khrist don’t have a big enough name. LOL Middle finger to the man!

This project was done for the love of music. Pre-orders are being shipped beginning today and should all be out by the 20th.

If enough people talk about this album around the webisphere it will definitely increase the chances of our next project getting better distro

thanks for the quick and detailed reply Deac. Really disappointing to hear that this incredible album is not going to be available to the masses. Glad i preordered

Deacon The Villain said:
our next project

and i might have something that can help get it out.

Damn, no secure distro. That sucks.

[capitalist]...I shoulda ordered like 20 copies, give it 5 years and this album will be selling for Hyphen and HFYS cash[/capitalist]

I loved KYliens, I need to redownload, it isnt on my iPod right now =/

I’d have loved to have heard all your take on Dre’s 2001, it was the second album I ever bought and despite not listening to it in a good few years, it still has a place in my heart.

KNOWLEDGE said:...I shoulda ordered like 20 copies, give it 5 years and this album will be selling for Hyphen and HFYS cash

thats what i was thinking

but yea thats shitty that u guys couldn’t do “Cunninlynguists Presents:” like Kno’s

I’m amped for my physical of this. Totally forgot shipping started around this time.

And those not up on KYLiens should DL it now. Two Dope Boyz in a Chevrolet & that Wheels of Steel remake are great takes on classics; still on daily rotation.

By “our next project” you mean another Deac & Sheisty project in the future, right? Very Happy

Spycko said:By “our next project” you mean another Deac & Sheisty project in the future, right? Very Happy

riiiiiiiiiiight?

randyp said:
Plus to dude up there ^^^ saying:

“I wasn’t sure I would be able to listen to an album with Sheisty on every song”

Are you serious man!?!

Yes. I was serious. If you continued reading, you’d see a few words later I said, “Well, the doubts are removed” and complimented/thanked the artists for their work on the album.

A few more things, since I saw a few people comment on it:

-I don’t think many/any casual CunninLynguists fans knew that Deacon could produce like this. I sure didn’t. It’s probably different if you have been following the artists/label since day one, but do you think the casual CL fan knows about Celly, an EFamm track? Even if they did, the production on NWL is far superior to Celly so it’s fair to think it’s a different person.

-I haven’t heard anything official about a Grieves x Kno album. As far as I know, Kno never “announced” they were doing an album together. I read a tweet and a thread on this forum talking about it, but Kno never commented in the thread. The tweet and thread are also almost a year old. I’d love to be wrong and have missed an official announcement on this. Please show me where it is if I’m wrong because I would love to hear this. Grieves is awesome and Kno is, well, he’s Kno.

-I won’t comment on the Budden topic lol, but it would be cool to be able to private message people.

Niggaz Wit Lattitude = Classic Album!!! Sheisty went completely ham wit da lyrics on dis!!! With Deac we already know what 2 expect!! Consistancy!! He like the Tim Duncan of rap!!! the beats are out of dis world! I told Deac I cant get “Satellites” outta my head 4 nuthn!!! “American Greed” and “Brave New World” ???? Cmon man!! real muzik!!! I proud to say i got to be a part of this epic album!!! The beat to “Chevrolet Doors” sounds like what u would hear if u were hitch hiking to heavan!! Hope the rest of the world wakes up and realizes how genious this work of art is!!! Kentucky got sumn 2 say folks!!!!!!!!

Mino Slick said: With Deac we already know what 2 expect!! Consistancy!! He like the Tim Duncan of rap!!!

LOL true words… Deac always brings the heat.

Sooo Sheisty’s gonna be at Megashow 2011, riiiiiiight? Very Happy