close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Deacon The Villain :: Official ‘Niggaz With Latitude (NWL)’ Album Discussion Thread ::

what is the coming soon thing about in the lyrics from the bandcamp download?

im guessing that just means what it says, lyrics coming soon
that maybe a stupid question, as i type this it looks to be one

Rip the Guts grew on me like CRAZY!
For anyone who did not like it after the first listen try again later. I personally love the song now and I had considered it my least favorite when I first listened to the album.

To fully experience the song turn your speakers waaay up!

first spin on the album n i’m diggin it..great work guys. QN5 is on a ROLL. I can NOT wait for megashow 2011

mizugsy said:first spin on the album n i’m diggin it..great work guys. QN5 is on a ROLL. I can NOT wait for megashow 2011

Thanks! We work out.

This album is pretty tits if you ask me. I love the production work, headbangers through and through. Gotta let it all sink in though, I am sure there is a ton of shit I’m missing from my first few listens.

I laughed my ass off when kno started singing a fuckin alladin song.

I think I found the singer from the Nobody Speaks hook:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef0M-u1D208

LOL.. really though. This album is the fucking shit. My mind is blown. I can’t possibly pick favorites.. maybe the whole last half of the album? American Greed thru Final Call.. plus Satellites and Brave New World.. lol

Deacon’s production skills have only gotten better with time. I thought “The Desert” was hot as fuck - DAMN! His verse and hook game keeps on an inclined path as expected and I never really thought about it.. but Deacon’s seriously one of my favorite emcees, period. The smooth southern soul is so beautiful. Sheisty’s lyricism is definitely a crazy unique style that I can enjoy haha. Aside from that.. Bianca Sprigg’s spoken word at the end of Final Call is some SHIT.. all of the guest appearances are dope.

I’m gonna get back to singing the fuck out of Ascension now.

I was expecting the kno track to be my favorite produced song on here…suprisingly it wasn’t (not that kno’s was bad at all). Deacon’s a beast on the boards. Deacon’s production has been on par with kno’s imho…I guess I have two favorite hip hop producers now.

after first listen through: “what the fuck did I just listen to?”
proceed on repeat for the next couple hours at internship

I will take everything back i said about Rip the Guts. After listening the album a few more times. I realized shit is hard.

Good lord.. this is the really amazing music.

Brave New World ? AMAZING.. Then “Chevrolet Doors” was everything that tantalizing teaser in the trailer sounded like it could be.

The production immediately jumps out at me.. Deacon is very special behind the boards. QN5 sequence & arrange their records better than anyone too. Sheisty made a dynamite entrance on this (to me) with some incredibly raw lyricism. Reminds me of how Natti came out.. breathing FIRE. The writing is really focused too.. y’all put serious work into this, thank you.

KY’s finest blend very organically into the album. Managing guest appearances is always a tight line but the Kentucky area MCs sound very comfortable next to one another.. their familial local culture is quite apparent.

Kno, your Black Dog verses.. BONKERS. I’m speechless.. you don’t get enough credit for your emceeing.. but I think that’s coming very soon. The album goes by really quickly.. seamless albums do that. Final Call.. maybe the finest closing track from QN5. The guitar solo was fucking epic.

The more ridiculous the crew names get, the better the tunes are.. I’ll take it !

I just got MAD shivers thinking of RTG being performed at the Megashow… Oh lawd…

Rene1979 said:I will take everything back i said about Rip the Guts. After listening the album a few more times. I realized shit is hard.

Lol good. I thought they were a little harsh on you earlier, its good that you keep an open mind (I liked RTG along with the whole LP on first listen but that doesn’t go for everyone)

And I also agree with “Kno doesn’t get enough credit as an emcee, Black Dog is bonkers” and “I can’t wait to hear (insert any NWL song here) live at the megashow!”

I’ll be honest, I wasn’t really checking/looking forward to this for various reasons but I decided to cop it yesterday to support QN5.

First listen…blown away. This shit is INCREDIBLY dope. Honestly, it’s easily up there with DiS and may actually surpass it. Every song is 5/5. I’ve only gotten the chance to listen to it a couple of times but things that’ve already stuck out:

-Anyone notice how the last track syncs perfectly to the FIRST track? I listen to albums on loop so when it first did his I thought “WTF? The last song should be over by now but it sounds like it’s still going”. That’s fricking sick IMO and something I haven’t seen before on albums
-Sheisty Khrist has really impressed me. I didn’t think much of him on “Gun” but he struck me as an incredible emcee on here. Love his flow, wittiness, delivery…everything really
-The horns on “Chevrolet Doors” are fricking sick
-Love the concept of “Luther”. PackFM kills it. Two lines that especially stuck out to me went something like “I’m similar to segregation how I got a dark side / When they see it they split like apartheid”
-Guitar solo on “Final Call” is just beautiful, and the spoken word poem

Once again QN5 just exceeded my expectations by so much. No other label in music is as talented as you guys I’m certain.

Once again QN5 just exceeded my expectations by so much. No other label in music is as talented as you guys I’m certain.

Peep the avatar. Smile

halfamazing said:I just got MAD shivers thinking of RTG being performed at the Megashow… Oh lawd…

This.

UP THA PUNX!!

lol

I don’t even know how to describe how beautiful Final Call is. Amazing job fellas. QN5 never makes me regret ordering a pre order and buying the digital to tide me over till it arrives.

Remember kids, tell a friend!

Amazing album!!!!

q thousand and five has been replaced with QK10. This album is fuckin insane… sheisty def caught me off guard, style is so fuckin raw—the black nader kicks it for real. Always knew deac was a ill producer, but damnnnnnnn

I just increased the volume limit on my iPhone so I can play RTG louder.

Now I just want to elbow someone in the nose.

Have ya’ll heard the production work on ‘Final Call’? It’s a fucking beast!

for those who ain’t knowin’

Mino Slick from “Chevrolet Doors” is also Mino from Bonifide Circle that was featured on Kynfolk’s “Ova The Hills” from Sloppy Seconds Volume One. Seems like we always ridin’. Prolly ‘cause there’s nothing else to do in KY. Ride, chase women and make music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dymXyEvyvJQ&playnext=1&list=PL0DD0B18C7FBA281C&index=35

2nd verse

This was during my early beat making days. and you can tell. LOL. I still love that beat too. fuggit. Lil scrappy ended up buying that beat. haha

Deacon The Villain said:for those who ain’t knowin’

Mino Slick from “Chevrolet Doors” is also Mino from Bonifide Circle that was featured on Kynfolk’s “Ova The Hills” from Sloppy Seconds Volume One. Seems like we always ridin’. Prolly ‘cause there’s nothing else to do in KY. Ride, chase women and make music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dymXyEvyvJQ&playnext=1&list=PL0DD0B18C7FBA281C&index=35

2nd verse

This was during my early beat making days. and you can tell. LOL. I still love that beat too. fuggit. Lil scrappy ended up buying that beat. haha

i knew that voice sounded familiar. Ive smoked out to that track beyond counting measurres

SOO DOPE!! Need to give it a few more spins to form a more cohesive opinion.

Ova Tha Hills is one of my favorite Kynfolk songs, what track did Scrappy use it for?

^ “Sometimes.. ” something or other.. I forget.

Over The Hills is the only song I ever REALLY dug and repeatedly listened to off SSv1.

yeah, sometimes. it used to be on our aposmusic myspace page, but it disppeared. kinda like myspace. LOL. He had a mix of the track with Willie Eames on it. I oughta re-master that shit and bring it back one time. LOL

anway, I say all that to say. Mino Slick is dope! and one of the realest individuals I’ve ever met. He was the FIRST nigga to use the word swagger. He been on some swag shit since like 2003. now Old Spice has Swagger deodorant. Sad

DjMc1200 said:

And I also agree with “Kno doesn’t get enough credit as an emcee, Black Dog is bonkers” and “I can’t wait to hear (insert any NWL song here) live at the megashow!”

Agree! Kno’s solo was incredibly good! In Holland they say Kanye’s album is album off the year because of the beats and rhymes… I say go and listen to kno’s album.

Rene1979 said:

DjMc1200 said:In Holland they say Kanye’s album is album off the year because of the beats and rhymes.

And that lapse in judgement is precisely why they didn’t get this:

Football-Cup-2010.jpg