close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Deacon The Villain :: Official ‘Niggaz With Latitude (NWL)’ Album Discussion Thread ::

“Chevy Doors” on repeat.. for the rest of my LIFE! The horn flourish got me the second I heard it on the trailer..

Y’all need to teach a graduate level course on how to write & sing hooks.. soooo melodic, they are so much fun to sing along to.

The wonderful, legendary break used on “American Greed” (also used by Kno on “Nothing To Give”) is probably my favorite drum sample in all of hip hop. Those drums got so much weight & funk.. they knock!

Again.. can’t thank y’all enough for making such emotive music.. Like DiS, I had no problem pre-ordering NWL, then buying a digital copy via BandCamp yesterday cause I couldn’t wait for the physical copy. Hell, I’ll pay for this album THREE times if it means y’all will keep turning out these cuts!

I’m mad in love with this album. After 30 listens and it still has place to grow on me. Can’t wait for the lyrics, as much as I’m trying to follow them, at places they just slip away.

QN5 said:

Rene1979 said:

DjMc1200 said:In Holland they say Kanye’s album is album off the year because of the beats and rhymes.

And that lapse in judgement is precisely why they didn’t get this:

Football-Cup-2010.jpg

Nah son, Here’s the real reason: Netherlands+v+Spain+2010+FIFA+World+Cup+Final+kq9JrcFVKCkl.jpg

The album is really somethin special. Everything fits perfectly, rhymes, hooks, guests. Shiesty is insane!

At least we where in de world cup final… But thats a different discussion… But yeah people who say Kanye’s album was the best have it wrong. But this is about NWL wich is on non-stop. Can’t wait to get the pre-order hard copy Smile

houstonz said:^ “Over The Hills is the only song I ever REALLY dug and repeatedly listened to off SSv1.

I can play “Watch Yo Mouf” on repeat on my walk from my house to the train, train to Boston, 15 minute walk from station to work….everything about that song is silky

AAHHH THE WORLD CUP DRAW IS IN 15 MINUTES! (England 2018 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy)

*Ahem*

Had it on in the background yesterday, haven’t given it a proper listen yet. What I’ve heard so far has been really impressive. I loved satellites, but I really didn’t know what to expect in terms of style from the album.

Beats are sick (Rip the Guts is probably my favourite song so far, or Curtain Call).. and the lyrics that have stuck on me so far were really nice. Deac sounds sick as always.. Sheisty on the other hand is a massive surprise indeed. I hadn’t heard anything really from him before but this dude is incredible. Amazing voice, such a gritty and witty style. Instantly likeable. Hopefully we’ll see more from him in future?

Not much else I can say at this point, I’ll come back with more thoughts after some proper listens.

Epic Aesthetic said: I hadn’t heard anything really from him before but this dude is incredible. Amazing voice, such a gritty and witty style. Instantly likeable. Hopefully we’ll see more from him in future?

that’s the entire reason i wanted to do this project. Sheisty’s a beast. I’ve known him for years and amazingly he never even considered himself a rapper! He even went 10 years straight without rapping at all! craziness.

I’ll be honest, at first I wasn’t sure I would be able to listen to an album with Sheisty on every song. I have his most of his verse from Gun memorized (that will happen when you listen to an album on repeat for weeks at a time) but he never really stuck with me. Well, the doubts are removed. I really liked this album. The production, lyrics, features, *everything was nicely done.

(*The only exception for me is the Niggaz for Sale interlude. I’m 24 years old, white, and always blast music in my car with the windows down. I’m not interested in seeing people’s reactions as they hear that coming from my speakers.)

Good job to everyone involved, and thanks.

I FUCKING LOVE THIS ALBUM! I’m listening to it now for about the hundredth time and it’s just that fantastic. Ahhh…

I’m hungover! (Ow)

1200x said:“Chevy Doors” on repeat.. for the rest of my LIFE! The horn flourish got me the second I heard it on the trailer..

Y’all need to teach a graduate level course on how to write & sing hooks.. soooo melodic, they are so much fun to sing along to.

The wonderful, legendary break used on “American Greed” (also used by Kno on “Nothing To Give”) is probably my favorite drum sample in all of hip hop. Those drums got so much weight funk.. they knock!

THIS….........I love the album so much . Glad I got paid so I could bump this while at work.
Again.. can’t thank y’all enough for making such emotive music.. Like DiS, I had no problem pre-ordering NWL, then buying a digital copy via BandCamp yesterday cause I couldn’t wait for the physical copy. Hell, I’ll pay for this album THREE times if it means y’all will keep turning out these cuts!

Deacon the production on this album is awesome!!!!! Nobody Speaks instrumental is beautiful

Big up to Deac for the production! I hadn’t looked at the production credits, but I knew that Koke and Kno each produced a track. I thought Black Dog was Kno and Rip the Guts was Koke. Well I was wrong on that. Job well done player. I’ve always thought of Deac as a rapper, but no more. You killin the game!

Plus to dude up there ^^^ saying:

“I wasn’t sure I would be able to listen to an album with Sheisty on every song”

Are you serious man!?!

Shieist spits heat rock fish grease on everything he touches. Oh my goodness. Ascension is my verse of the year, maybe of the last couple of years. Dude blesses the mic.

Speaking of blessing the mic Deac did his damn thing on this as well. I think his styles is a little more understated than Sheist’s, but who’s wouldn’t be. Going back to Ascension, his last two bars are my favorite, and most hard hitting (to me) of the album:

“But I believe he’d rather we doubt what leads us, instead of praising what please us; ascension.”

Thank you for blessing us with this album.

tak08810 said:
-Anyone notice how the last track syncs perfectly to the FIRST track? I listen to albums on loop so when it first did his I thought “WTF? The last song should be over by now but it sounds like it’s still going”.

This caught me very off guard. The outro segued right into the intro and before I knew it the album came right back around. I thought there was more album left. I had no idea.

randyp said:

tak08810 said:
-Anyone notice how the last track syncs perfectly to the FIRST track? I listen to albums on loop so when it first did his I thought “WTF? The last song should be over by now but it sounds like it’s still going”.

This caught me very off guard. The outro segued right into the intro and before I knew it the album came right back around. I thought there was more album left. I had no idea.

Exactly the same for me. Didn’t realize the album was over until Satellites.

^Word

I also just realized that’s Deacon singing Call of the Night. I thought it was a sample. Dope!

Great observation.. I didn’t notice it.. the guitars! So awesome.

NWL feels like a wonderful, gritty poetic. “..Only the night lights could make a knife fight feel pretty..”

Somebody hug Willie Eames for me.. goodness.

Willie is a god. Budo’s horn-work on this project is hella textured.

this album truly is a piece of art. Very nice. Congrats Deacon and Sheisty!

This shit is so good I think ima have to buy some extra copies. I got the weirdest looks from my friends when I was giving em Kokayi cd’s and told em I had 6, they’re gonna start thinking I’m a bootlegger or something when I give them this too.
Crazy thing is I’ve still only listened to it 3 or 4 times, and I’m already thinking it’s my favourite album of the year.
Oh and if there’s still anyone not feeling Rip The Guts, play it in your car. Almost headbutted my steering wheel to that shit

Moody Blue said:http://qn5.com/blog/entry/digital-short-niggaz-with-latitude-nwl-the-father-of-curl/

“Stole my locs.. stole my curl action..” and stole bases!

1200x said:

Moody Blue said:http://qn5.com/blog/entry/digital-short-niggaz-with-latitude-nwl-the-father-of-curl/

“Stole my locs.. stole my curl action..” and stole bases!

LOL

Rip the guts and Million miles High are instant classics.

This albumgets better everytime i listen to it…..Brave New World is sickness…..Kno at the end is great. Congratulations guys you made a great album. Ive always loved Deacons production, have wanted to hear more of Sheisty since “Gun”...this album is a treat….QN5 is killing shit this year

Nobody speaks is bonkers

that final sheisty verse is on some “pharoahe monch crazy flow” type shit

2 by four said:that Final Call sheisty verse is on some “pharoahe monch crazy flow” type shit

Agreed! Final Call is a great ending of the album and a beautiful track on it’s own.

Also I can’t even begin to describe how sick Deac’s singing on American Greed is.. I wouldn’t even complain if Deacon sang every chorus on every future rap-release - although a whole lot of rappers are not deserving such great sounding hooks! Razz

“You’ll never find me in a suit like a super-hero… I’m on the stoop or in a coupe, nigga, Super Negro”

- Sheisty Khrist on Million Miles High.