close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Deacon The Villain :: Official ‘Niggaz With Latitude (NWL)’ Album Discussion Thread ::

This album is lovely. I don’t want to burn it out (if that’s possible) before my CD arrives but I had me one listen through and I’m seriously impressed.

Congrats to Deac on the production and behind the mic. Sheisty ripped it up in a way I wasn’t expecting, dude is bananas.

Not meaning to sound I was expecting to hear something sloppy, but damn haha

fav song so far after 8 listens is Nobody Speaks…

Dope, now I can read along to the tracks.

Moody Blue said:98% of Lyrics are up @ http://cunninlynguists.bandcamp.com/album/niggaz-with-latitude-nwl

I’ll say it again, Sheisty is that dude.

The album is craziness! Had to share some extra bucks on top of that ridiculously cheap 9$ @bandcamp. Sick sick sick!!

Listened to the first half of the album riding around with mykraphone mike saturday night-shit bangs super tuff!!!it’s two of KY’s finest doing what they do best!!!!!Repre-fucking-zent!!!!!

The album is great, I’ve streamed it a couple of times. Can’t wait for my physical to arrive though.

RIP THE GUTS is the shit. I can’t get through this album without going back to replay it 4 or 5 times before moving on. Makes me want to samsh on the gas! This is a problem though…I drive for a living. Hopefully I don’t get too inspired and get myself fired.

Zao 2.0 said:Is Sheisty from KY?

yup

Just peeped the streams at bandcamp…. Daaaaaaaaaaaamn. I’ll say I was looking forward to this release, but the lyricism in this is some intergalactic space-age shit I never would’ve expected. I never really liked Sheisty’s verse on Gun, but I can comfortably say he rips a verse like no other can. Can’t wait for my physical to come in. I hope the sequel “Crackaz with Longitude” comes out. Would Deac and Sheist putting on white-face be considered racist? Razz

that should be Kno & Grieves. LOL

houstonz said:that should be Kno & Grieves. LOL

Haha, I actually laughed out loud.

Dynamic13 said:RIP THE GUTS is the shit. I can’t get through this album without going back to replay it 4 or 5 times before moving on. Makes me want to samsh on the gas! This is a problem though…I drive for a living. Hopefully I don’t get too inspired and get myself fired.

Sheisty’s verse on nobody speaks had me stopped at a green light lol.

houstonz said:that should be Kno & Grieves. LOL

Oh man, too good!!

TimmWith2Ms said:“Crackaz with Longitude”

LMAO

all the hooks are stuck in my head. catchy as fuck.

Zao 2.0 said:I feel like Shiesty is getting too much credit for this awesome album.

The reason people are talking a lot about Shiesty is because dude is a beast, and we haven’t heard much from him in the past. So it’s good to finally hear a full albums worth of his material and many of us are just trying to show our appreciation because we know what Deacon can do. This is not to say Deacon did not do his own thing on the album

Zao 2.0 said:Deacon came hard (nohomo) on every track AND he produced the large majority of this album which who the hell knew he produced?

We knew he produced, and can do it well. In fact, I think there were quite a bit of us wanting him to produce more prior to this record being announced.

Zao 2.0 said: Who knew Kno could rap like that?

There should have been no doubting him, especially after Death is Silent.

Zao 2.0 said:Who the hell knew of Shiesty and his God gifted abilities to write like that?

Which is why everyone is clamoring over his work on the album.

Zao 2.0 said:Also I co-sign the notion of getting Grieves and kno on an album. I’m super shocked he wasn’t on Kno’s album

While you were constantly asking for a Kno + Budden combo, Kno already announced he was working with Grieves on a project. This has been known for quite some time (since last winter during the Strange Journey tour).

I agree that Deacon definitely did his thing on the album. Definitely need more Deacon production and Kno rapping after these last two projects. They both have shown they are more than capable.

^^ CL did a collabo with Grieves on his last album, too.

I’m weak at expressing my thoughts about music, but this album is so amazingly crafted, it’s so versatile, every song sounds so differently that the previous one. The production is on another level, the lyrics are so vivid.
With every next Qn5 release it’s getting clearer how much more we are going to be offered in the future.

^doesn’t sound weak to me.

and @Zao, I’m pretty sure most of us knew Deacon was nice on the boards before NWL.

worm9103 said:^^ CL did a collabo with Grieves on his last album, too.

And they collaboed at space camp

The Trashman said:^doesn’t sound weak to me.

and @Zao, I’m pretty sure most of us knew Deacon was nice on the boards before NWL.

Yeah. Deac produced ‘616 Rewind’ in ‘01 and ‘Celly’ in ‘02. (I think i’ve got them right).

For some reason I remember 616 being produced by Celph Titled. I could be wrong though….

Celph Titled produced So Live. 616 is credited to Deacon/co-produced by Kno. But deac also did Click Clack Spray, so yeah he’s been nice for a long minute haha

yeah, I’ve been producing for years, it’s just that most of my beats have never been heard because of projects like Kynfolk, that were never completed. Also, we put forth much effort into A Piece of Strange as a production company, but I honestly believe that beats Kno and I make are too much of a challenge for most mainstream artists… or maybe we’re just wack. LOL. You be the judge.

sooo.. i just reached a point where I was so tired of my beats sitting around that I didn’t even make a beat for like 2 years. Then, this year something just clicked inside of me and I made like 40 beats that I loved and divided them among JustMe, NWL and Natti’s solo album (still to come)

I’m never letting beats collect dust again.

so while I work on my next couple production projects feel free to revisit http://justme.bandcamp.com Smile and thanks for enjoying NWL so much. Yall really surprised me. I didn’t think it would be recieved so well.

Deacon The Villain said: Yall really surprised me. I didn’t think it would be recieved so well.

Kidding right? That’s modesty right there.. wow

Modesty is right… IMO NWL is the best album of 2010.

halfamazing said:

Deacon The Villain said: Yall really surprised me. I didn’t think it would be recieved so well.

Kidding right? That’s modesty right there.. wow

Exactly my thoughts!