close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

PackFM Grind Time Now Battles

Yo Pack, I’ve seen lately you’ve been a judge on a couple of Grind Time Now events. And then on their latest release, Pumpkinhead VS Eurgh, Eurgh mentions in round 3 that when Pumpkinhead was president of Grind Time East Coast he was trying to setup a PackFM VS Juice battle. Is this true?

As a huge fan of battling, I can’t imagine how dope that would’ve been. Not to mention the amount of exposure that could get you. Seriously, most GT vids reach 5 figure views within a couple of weeks and a lot of them are 100K+.

Seeing as how Poisen Pen is now the GTEC president, I’m sure something like a promo battle can still be setup. Or better yet, have a 2 on 2 battle setup - PackFM and Tonedeff VS a couple of big names.

I know someone brought this up in that QN5 thread and Tone kinda said no, but, GT is pretty big right now and It seems worth it to me to write a few minutes of battle raps for that amount of exposure.

Not to mention the amount of exposure that could get you…

For about 5 minutes, absolutely.

Seriously, most GT vids reach 5 figure views within a couple of weeks and a lot of them are 100K+.

Which translates to exactly: $0

I know someone brought this up in that QN5 thread and Tone kinda said no,

I really hate to repeat myself, but I have way too many projects I need to finish that I’d rather spend time on than conjuring up variations of “this nigga gay” jokes about some random dude.

</been there/done that>

I get ya Tone. I can dream though right?

What’s the deal, Pack?

yeah i feel the same way.
I honestly see it as a step backwards.
I got love for Grind Time obviously as I’ve judged a few battles and performed at a few of their events. But it doesnt make sense for me to go back to that..i definitely get way more out of putting out records and touring than i would from battling
Ray Allen doesnt enter the 3Pt Shoot Out anymore, he’s focused on championships
Im focused on making music and performing

as for the PackFM vs. Juice thing
that was PH not understanding a joke i made
He asked who would he have to get in order for me to return to battling…i said “Eminem, Juice or Supernatural” ... I guess he had Juice’s phone number haha

And for the record, Juice is one of the coolest most down-to-earth dudes on the planet.

How the hell do you write “this nigga gay” jokes about a guy who buys everyone drinks after shows while freestyling?

437.jpg

How about a little Christmas stocking filler.. 3 minutes of Tonedeff VS. PackFM Wink

I just rewatched Tone absolutely destroy Pumpkinhead way back in the day. That was probably Tone’s best battle.

Anyway thanks for clearing that up Pack. I agree that if it hinders your muscial output in any way then screw the battling idea

Tone & Pack should re-enact their super awesome battle versus each other that was never recorded and I’ve only heard great things about.

houstonz said:Tone & Pack should re-enact their super awesome battle versus each other that was never recorded and I’ve only heard great things about.

This.

I’m with Tone and Pack on this one. It’s really kinda a waste of time and effort to try and re-live an era which doesn’t really exist anymore. And for the most part, it is a step backwards.

Battling during the days of the ‘Lyricist Lounge’ era was simply made for an artist to get recognition, a reputation and perhaps a little hype. I’m sure those days were fun for the artists, but they are well over now. It’d be as offbeat as Eminem folding his career to get back into battle rapping.

And hearing dick-jokes at someone‚Äôs expense just before Chico And The Man’s released? I’ll pass!