close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Tonedeff The Monotone EP - Re-Mastered?

POLL › Should I Re-Master The Monotone EP?

Digitally Release It Now For Historical Value! 9
Wait For The Tapes and Re-Master It. 70
Total Votes: 79

Dude still aint getting back to me. :/

And I think I’m getting the flu.

Tonedeff said:Dude still aint getting back to me. :/

And I think I’m getting the flu.

Is the dude in a coma? Is it really that hard for him to mail it to you and again tone! Are you constantly on the verge of being sick lol

Prolly consistent sleep deprivation. Get some fuckin’ sleep son.

You need Weyland Corp.

vlcsnap-2011-04-29-21h41m02s222.png

minus the whole chest bursting alien that fucks up everybody in ur crew part.

let the bluehunt begin

Suffer with me:

24w51c9.png

Excuses. Excuses. Excuses.

The ‘15 year anniversary’ edition would have been cool, but I don’t think the date matters all that much. I’ll just be happy to see it re-mastered at all and I’m sure we’ll have plenty of new Tonedeff music while we wait (along with the original).

..That said, there could still be a slim chance Mr. yellow text will pull through *crosses fingers*

geeeeeez that guy…

I am marveled that tone doesnt have the urge to slap that dude…its like come on man 15 YEARS..then has the balls to say 15 months…wtf has he been doin? I know what tone has been doing…Working a regular job, Managing a Label AND a ton of other shit and he still has time to keep us updated.

I can’t image this dude having a public library style room with tons of tapes…People do label shit too. I mean I forgot about this and I know it will come when we least expect it but this dude seems lazy or really doesnt sound like hes really worried bout the tapes.

Eh, fuck it. I mean, you passed the fifteen year mark. You could still call it a fifteen year anniversary edition two years from now.

“Happy Late Anniversary” still counts. #QN5notQQingWives

We’re still with ya. #BlueSchoolersnotBooHooHooSchoolers

Also lol @ “ha”

I can’t find anywhere to listen to Homecoming King! Can someone help me with getting a digital version of this EP?... Or at least that song? I used to have to have the entire EP on my old computer… I have no idea what happened to it.

If Tone blows up with Polymer then i vote for an Archetype remastered edition

kinetic-vibe said:If Tone blows up with Polymer then i vote for an Archetype remastered edition

What’s wrong with the original version ?

I know right, it’s not exactly ancient. lol

Whenever I make a playlist and it gets to a song from archetype it sounds like someone turned the volume down 30% I’ve tried importing the physical cd to my computer using different kinds of software at the highest encoding settings but it’s always the same.

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix that? And if you say “turn the volume up” I hope a deer fucks you in the ass with its antlers…

I never had that problem. Archetype is smooth and clean.

kinetic-vibe said:Anyone got any ideas on how to fix that? And if you say “turn the volume up” I hope a deer fucks you in the ass with its antlers…

LOL

Umm.. find a download of Cool Edit Pro and amplify all the files? May cause some distortion if you do it too much.

Shiieeeeet I love me some distortion tho makes that shit more bangin’, nahwhatimean?

I might have to create Archetype 2.0: The Bangin’ Edition. More bass, more treble, more everythang!

kinetic-vibe said:Shiieeeeet I love me some distortion tho makes that shit more bangin’, nahwhatimean?

I might have to create Archetype 2.0: The Bangin’ Edition. More bass, more treble, more everythang!

Implying the original Heavyweight, Case Closed, Let’s Go, Politics and Issawn isn’t banging.

Oh they bangin….but I’m talking about power level 9000 bangin’ unlike anythang you’ve EVER heard before….REAL TALK!

Records have gotten so goddamn loud in the last 10 years, it’s ridiculous. Archetype was mastered to the same volume levels as any Aftermath release at the time - but shit’s only gotten more squashed with less dynamic range since then. I have no intention of making it louder for the sake of loudness. Polymer on the other hand…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war

See RHCP’s “Blood Sugar Sex Magik” vs “Californication”.

or when Metallica released “Death Magnetic” and people downloaded and ripped the Guitar Hero versions because it wasn’t the same shit mastering.

...Yeah Polymer better be on some 9000 sound level type shit nahmsayin!?!

Jokes aside I do remember hearing about Metallica’s Death Magnetic and how the guitar hero version was the properly mixed version but the actual release was so loud it ruined the album and received a lot of criticism.

I think Archetype, being such a classic album, should get a 10 year anniversary edition in 2015 and it would be awesome if it got remastered so we could hear how those songs sound like today given that Tone has probably performed them hundreds of times by now and I’m sure they have cool nuances that would distinguish them from how they sounded 10 years ago.

Not to mention it would give people a chance to hear a classic that so many slept on…