close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Tonedeff :: Official Cold.Killed.Collected Discussion Thread ::

23/500 arrived in Australia today and I’m very happy to have it. So many of these songs I count among my all-time favourites, nevermind Tonedeff/QN5 exclusively. In particular Optimist is a song that’s picked me up more times than I count - “Don’t imagine a tragic end to the book when there’s not, you gotta try to rewrite in spite of how crooked the plot” and “If you really didn’t believe you’d succeed you wouldn’t have tried at all” are two of my favourite and most-quoted lyrics ever.

I now also have an individual item signed by every QN5 member except Substantial. Just wish it hadn’t sold out before I could get my girl a copy, she’s a big Tonedeff fan but the thought didn’t enter my mind until I read that “if you’re a girl reading this” part in the booklet. If anyone reading this picked up multiples and has a big heart, holla this way!

lmfao @ everyone that could have ordered one but didn’t.

Best of luck to all the canadians, I’m sure our mail in the U.S. will be messed up soon too.

I thought it’d be fun to try and write down the lyrics to the alternative verse of The Gates, so here’s my attempt.

Lights out, no reason to fight now
Silence abound, no question my life was in doubt
But I found a profound sense of peace as I rise from the crowd
That are crying out loud over the flesh that still lies on the ground
I’m reminded of how I’ve kinda been righteous
I’m proud that I was just like this
Renowned, the shrine of politeness
The town’s retired fireman, honored vet with a likeness
(So why’d the power’s abound with a mind refined as a wine? not sure on this one)
Family ties never bonded me, had a child who was nine when she
Chose her Mom as a parent, our marriage failing divisively
Visitation and sharing wasn’t apparent till privacy
Hit a snag because heroin made her mama a pariah, see
When she perished and took my daughter’s inheritance silently
Least moved to her to an environment she’s be livin’ in quietly
Sacrificed my whole life to raise her as pious as I could be
So that she’d enter heaven without bias from the highest seat
Up in the sky, she never grew to see eye to eye with me
Blinded by adolescence, her passions acted defiantly
Wait! Is my mind in a haze?
Look! I’ve arrived at these gates
I see a figure standing guard who invites me to pray

CleanupCrew said:Wow, Reppin’ Lovely is awesome! Stirs up excitement for future releases.

Agree completely. Though I wish we got just a little bit more of it. What can I say, im a fiend l.

holy crap! i almost missed out on this.I didn’t order ti’ll the 19th soI’m guessing i got one of the last few copies left….now i just wait ti’ll it arrives.

I need a full version of reppin’ lovely!

Got my copy in the mail,thanks Tone.

My copy arrived in the post. Have yet to listen to it properly but what i’ve heard so far is dope. Reppin’ lovely is on some other level too bad its short, Tone teases us too much.

The Trashman said:lmfao @ everyone that could have ordered one but didn’t.

Best of luck to all the canadians, I’m sure our mail in the U.S. will be messed up soon too.

Thanks dude it’s driving me nuts. I want this album for fucksake. And thank God for online banking or I’d have no idea when to even pay my Visa bill.

^mail delivery starting tomorrow. Praying for it to come quickly, but I dunno how long it will take for everything to be running smoothly again

How do people know what #/500 they had?

After examining my copies.. I have no clue.

Maybe Tone just hand-numbered some of them?

houstonz said:After examining my copies.. I have no clue.

Maybe Tone just hand-numbered some of them?

Yeah, i was just being silly with it. Smile

Thanks again zack! Looking forward to getting my copy in the mail soon..Not to get off topic but Our(the US) mail isnt that far off tons of temps and no1 has a clue what they are doing(I use to get my mail at like 10am now its 4pm wtf). I had to listen to that gates alternate verse shit was dope as hell ...Im gonna try to contain myself until the physical comes.

usually don’t sticker my property, but listening to Cold.Killed.Collected has me inspired. Now it serves as a motivator
2vsk8s4.jpg

Arrived today (Croatia).

Artwork looks awesome, music is even more.

I don’t have anything more to add really, just thank you Tone and keep doing good job (and try to get some sleep one a while lol)

thugged0utcubscout said:Thanks again zack! Looking forward to getting my copy in the mail soon..Not to get off topic but Our(the US) mail isnt that far off tons of temps and no1 has a clue what they are doing(I use to get my mail at like 10am now its 4pm wtf). I had to listen to that gates alternate verse shit was dope as hell ...Im gonna try to contain myself until the physical comes.

If you’re in the US and haven’t received it yet, that’s an issue.
Hit orders@qn5.com with your receipt.

Stick said:Arrived today (Croatia).

Artwork looks awesome, music is even more.

I don’t have anything more to add really, just thank you Tone and keep doing good job (and try to get some sleep one a while lol)

Croatia? :O

JLee said:usually don’t sticker my property, but listening to Cold.Killed.Collected has me inspired. Now it serves as a motivator
2vsk8s4.jpg

YES! Propagate the wonders!

I really dont know where to begin I mean holy shit this is such a awesome collection of (imo)tones best work thru the years.This is really great for me on a mp3 level as I dont have to flip thru all tones albums to get all the greats. Im really loven the unreleased songs….gates alt verse, reppin lovely( love the whole feel to this song + the beats is real good too).Live a little(WTF <3 it) what part of forever Smile Smile all in all Im so glad I was able to get a copy of this..thanks again zack!

such a great collection. normally i don’t like to get compliation albums since i typically have everything being compiled, but Tone made this well worth it.

Nitroxide said:such a great collection. normally i don’t like to get compliation albums since i typically have everything being compiled, but Tone made this well worth it.

Cold.Killed.Collected is now in stock at UGHH for those who haven’t got a hard copy yet.

So if we purchased the music online through qn5.com and downloaded the music digital. do we have to re purchase to get a hard copy? or do we just have to show proof of purchase?

Horton said:So if we purchased the music online through qn5.com and downloaded the music digital. do we have to re purchase to get a hard copy? or do we just have to show proof of purchase?

A Physical copy and a digital copy of an album are seperate products. So if you bought it digitally and want to get a hard copy you will have to pay again.

Alrighty, thanks.

Aight bros and brosettes. We got ourselves a sitchyation.

Tonedeff’s record is currently on the front page of UGHH.com (yay!) but it seems like a vocal minority of folks on that site has something against dude as an artist generally speaking.

Now I’m not gonna say anything about anybody’s musical tastes, but authoring an incendiary one-star review for a new record when it’s clear you haven’t even listened to it is not cool.

Given that CKC has six reviews on it right now, and two are bullshit…and given how positive the feedback around here has been…I’d say it’s fair to assume that the current 3.5 this record is seeing is not representative of the actual listening public’s opinion.

Why not take a few minutes, hop over there and tell ‘em what you like about the record? Standout tracks. The autographs. The text on the inside. The slick packaging. Be honest; there’s no reason to bum rush ‘em with fake fives if you don’t believe it’s warranted, as long as you actually talk about what the collection means to you.

It’ll take you less time than it took me to write this. Trust me!

^ I noticed that too. When my CD arrives I’ll be sure to give it a review like I do for all good albums

I didn’t realise anyone paid attention to UGHH reviews. Regardless, I put my 5 stars up Very Happy