Please login

Forgot your password?

Tonedeff :: Official Cold.Killed.Collected Discussion Thread ::

added short review, its up to 4.1 now…meh

25ajimx.jpg

review added. 4.2

that kia user on ughh needs an ass whoopin….seriously

haters gonna hate the haighters on haight street

Got it in Canada today. Thanks Tone, (And Stephen Harper Razz)

Incredibly well put together. Sleek design, cover, and a few nice paragraphs to read. Quality of the tracks is top notch, and as always, the music itself is fuckin dope, both new and old.

I rarely buy the best of, or collaboration albums, but this is one of 3 or 4 that I own and now love. Props for the great work once again. Now I have my day planned out lol

kej3210 said:Got it in Canada today. Thanks Tone, (And Stephen Harper Razz)

Incredibly well put together. Sleek design, cover, and a few nice paragraphs to read. Quality of the tracks is top notch, and as always, the music itself is fuckin dope, both new and old.

I rarely buy the best of, or collaboration albums, but this is one of 3 or 4 that I own and now love. Props for the great work once again. Now I have my day planned out lol

I was gonna post, but I think it’s just been summed up. Thanks for doin the work for me kej

Got my copy on Saturday (I think it was fast).
Packaging looks really beautiful (and my copy says ‘Get busy!!’ Smile).
And music dope as always (My fav is Reppin’ Lovely. Sounds so sweet!).

Thanks Tone!

I finally got my copy along with a bunch of other CD’s today!

I like how Tone mentioned that “ToneSpaceDeff” group-rip. Most people don’t even know what group-rips are.

Now I just gotta wait for my 2 other copies I ordered from Sandbox.

BTW, I would love if other QN5 artists with scarce material release ultimate collections like this.

Loewi said:I like how Tone mentioned that “ToneSpaceDeff” group-rip. Most people don’t even know what group-rips are..

Ironically, Cold.Killed.Collected. was group-ripped already. haha

Better this than that, I guess.

is it me or is w.w.k.y.a. mix differently (i can hear more the piano and some other sounds)... anyways love the album live a little is off the hook!

^ I noticed that on my first listen of CKC.. figured maybe I just missed it on Substantial/Burns or something. lol

Yeah listening now and it’s quite noticeable.

Optimist has a lot more bass too. It’s awesome.

totally jammed this at work the other day even tho im not allowed to play music while working.

Hass said:totally jammed this at work the other day even tho im not allowed to play music while working.

Fuck rules. Smile

rules are for pussies.

Future said:is it me or is w.w.k.y.a. mix differently (i can hear more the piano and some other sounds)... anyways love the album live a little is off the hook!

Definitely noticed this. I played them both back to back and I can’t hear the dissonant piano on my Substantial/Burns copy. Maybe it’s because the CKC copy is CDQ and the Substantial/Burns one is bought off of Amazon… who knows.

I think “No Hope” is one of the greatest songs QN5 has made.

Beautiful.

Agreeing with the dude above, having this cd has really made me appreciate that song, def one of my favourite tone/qn5 joints now after a bit of time to digest the collection. Everything about it is amazing.

Appreciating CKC more and more as time goes on, what a collection of songs, great addition to any cd collection. Can’t wait to see what tone does next.

worm9103 said:I think “No Hope” is one of the greatest songs QN5 has made.

Beautiful.

Yep, it’s my favorite song EVER, actually.

I love how CKC flows throughout, as others have also mentioned. Tone did a clever job of mixing in the interludes in the right places and avoided a “Best Of” snooze fest that many artists do.

Deathly Thoughts and Behind the Gates are intense and addicting. I keep playing the combo of The Distance-Deathly Thoughts-IWIWD-No Hope-Optimist over and over and over.

The package is so slick and the pictures are so vivid. I think cover art in general is overrated as part of a sales pitch, but obviously that does not matter in this case. Tone did a hell of a job coming up with something that long time fans (and definitely new ones) would enjoy. The “collection” doesn’t seem to end and I appreciate the effort put into this project.

Also, talk about a quotable: “If you’re gonna give props to people, give it to the cats that work for it. You go to work everyday and if you didn’t get a paycheck, you’d be pretty pissed.” Holy shit. Well said.

worm9103 said:I think “No Hope” is one of the greatest songs QN5 has made.

Beautiful.

My opinion…No Hope / My Lady are not only two of the greatest songs qn5 has made, but two of the greatest songs ever made in hip hop history. I’ve listened to those two songs more than I listen to most albums…and I’ve NEVER gotten tired of them, not once. No matter how much I’ve liked something, I’ve always had to give it a break at some point. I’ve never felt that way with the two chico and the man songs. It’s safe to say that catm is easily my most anticipated album ever.

To stay on topic…CKC is a great collection. Reppin Lovely got me even more hyped for the future releases if that was even possible.

Damn I wish I got in on the preorder. Now I have student loan money I’m going straight to bandcamp (thanks NZ taxpayers! - fuck unemployment!)

Punk > Junk

^ I just got a copy from sandboxautomatic.com I received it 3 days after I ordered. In the email the guy said there were 2 left… So should be one left

Found a box of overrun copies from the plant during my move. Keep an eye on UGHH and Sandbox shortly.

It’s kinda like putting away your winter coat, then pulling it out the next year to find a $10 stuffed in one of the pockets. But Better.

Tonedeff said:Found a box of overrun copies from the plant during my move. Keep an eye on UGHH and Sandbox shortly.

eQsuN.gif

I’ve owned CKC for a good while now and yet it’s only now i’ve noticed how INCREDIBLE Reppin’ Lovely is. I can’t get that sick beat out of my head. Why not more of it?!?!?!?