Da wraf of KAAAANNNEEEEE!”

- Store Clerk Quoting Ancient Old School Rap Like It’s New

122_holland_07.jpg
Fat Beats, Amsterdam, NL

#3. ‘WTF’ COMPARISONS

kdog06.png

....huh? .... why?

PREPOSTEROUS!

I don’t get #2…You were signing CDs in Amsterdam and a dude who was getting his CD signed came up and randomly dropped a BDK lyric? Why?

Lollllll @ the infamous GZA vs. Tonedeff video that always comes up on youtube for me

My annoyance is DEFINITELY those stupid hip-hop themed commercials. You guys were seriously on the ball with your “Commercial Rap” parody song.

0.jpg

I’m sick of it. The moronic older, white middle-class man having a crack at rapping cause the kids are into it. Children (or to go to the other side of the spectrum: the elderly) dressed in “gangster” clothing in a cringe worthy display of being hip. Advertisers use it as a ploy to target the younger generation, but the fact of the matter is that it just makes the genre and culture look stupid… like it’s all a big joke. If hip-hop is to be taken seriously, then these embarrassing ad’s need to stop NOW!

come to Canada!

Word to Osiris. Advertisements exploiting hip-hop culture in a sick bastardized and tacky sense have BEEEEEEEEN on my annoyance list lol

Osiris said:My annoyance is DEFINITELY those stupid hip-hop themed commercials. You guys were seriously on the ball with your “Commercial Rap” parody song.

I’m sick of it. The moronic older, white middle-class man having a crack at rapping cause the kids are into it. Children (or to go to the other side of the spectrum: the elderly) dressed in “gangster” clothing in a cringe worthy display of being hip. Advertisers use it as a ploy to target the younger generation, but the fact of the matter is that it just makes the genre and culture look stupid… like it’s all a big joke. If hip-hop is to be taken seriously, then these embarrassing ad’s need to stop NOW!

Thank God that trend happened 10 years ago in the U.S., we’re almost passed the commercial exploitation of hip-hop phase here. We’ll still see something like what you’re describing now and again, but its not nearly as prevalent as before. That shit would offend me too.

Hey tone, one thing I’m kind of confused about when reading you tube comments on videos people posted such as above is. I see quite a bit of flaming, and one in particular I see often is “don’t rate tonedeff by his fast rapping he hates that, you need to here him sing.” now don’t get me wrong I think you have a spectacular voice and think you are a lyrical inspiration.. But isn’t rapping (along with singing, and I guess composing music all together) what you do for a living? So how are people going to say specifics such as that about you? I just get tired of reading opinions from “fans”.. It’s pretty annoying.. Was also curious if it pissed you off as well.. Considering how many ppl out there go stating they know all this about you when in reality they’ve probably just read a blog or two.. Cause that shit sure would piss me off. I just wanted to get your interpretation on that, and see if I could get some facts from YOU. Thanks in advanced

JLee said:come to Canada!

Y U NO PERFORM SWITZERLAND?!?!?!!!!!

With apologies in retrospect for perpetuating “check out tone deaft material pre-2004!” syndrome

Digging through old stuff to send Prem yesterday helped me rediscover a few gems. Positive outcomes ya’ll.

So what.

I’ve always found the “WTF Comparisons” one to be the most annoying to me personally.

Well, the whole underground is better thing is annoying too. I mean, like WTF. Why wouldnt you want your favorite artists to get some attention (and I guess some money is never a bad thing either) and get some of these clowns out of the spotlights. Its not about your place on the charts, but about the music.

#4. STUPID SOCIAL MEDIA COMMENTS

24lmw0m.png

Guess I’ll stop trying then.

2zsr02q.png

.... Word, I need to tell my A&R to chill with that shit.

The Youtube comment section has never exactly been a bastion for intelligence and rational discussion though.

CSolipsism said:The Youtube comment section has never exactly been a bastion for intelligence and rational discussion though.

comichitlerhadtherightidea1.png

#5. THE OBLIVIOUS ‘FAN’

dzt738.png

Smh.

HAHAHHAHAHHA this made me laugh my ass off. ^^^
Like that time Kno messages some cunninglynguists “fan” and he didn’t even know who Kno was.

hahah
ah the life we lead

Is that Sanreaka chick topless?

I just realized #3 is matthegod. He should have read this thread before making all of those comparison threads when he first joined. Thankfully, he’s cooled down lately.

gotta love some matthegod tho! no holding back. he is what he is. says whats on his mind and is excited about every release and disgusted with any rapper who isnt underground!! those were the days!!

can we get a matthegod appreciation thread with everyone’s favorite post from him????

LivingLegend said:can we get a matthegod appreciation thread with everyone’s favorite post from him????

please

LivingLegend said:gotta love some matthegod tho! no holding back. he is what he is. says whats on his mind and is excited about every release and disgusted with any rapper who isnt underground!! those were the days!!

can we get a matthegod appreciation thread with everyone’s favorite post from him????

I have yet to find that favorite post.