close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Tonedeff The Annoyance Bulletin

Leo said:

I have yet to find that favorite post.

search carefully. there are a lot to choose from.

#6. WHEN FANS REALIZE YOU’RE REAL

30utw93.png

*Now he’ll never come to a show again.*

I’d personally love to see Tone at a BET cypher. I can see everyone around him making this face :O when hes done. And it would make him a bigger artist and Tone needs more attention than he already has.

He should get on the QN5 forums.

Tonedeff said:#6. WHEN FANS REALIZE YOU’RE REAL

30utw93.png

*Now he’ll never come to a show again.*

I don’t know, man. Maybe you’ve been notable too long. I think it’s kinda cool that your name carries enough weight that people wanna confirm that you’re real. Just means that someone somewhere is likely to pretend to be you and that’s pretty significant.

I think it’s kinda cool that your name carries enough weight that people wanna confirm that you’re real.

Haha, I feel ya man. I totally appreciate that sentiment. But from exeprience, I’ve seen this happen a bunch to me personally. People who are “super-fans” lose some of their excitement and fervor for your stuff when they realise that you’re an attainable contact on their email/FB/buddylist. You immediately see the marked change in their demeanor most of the time. If I could reach out to Tori every day, it’d probably lose the magic though (although, for me… prolly not).

The difference on this site, is that it’s a community and we have a similar hivemind of tastes. And that’s only the folks who are compelled to post here. There’s a FUCKLOAD of lurkers on QN5.com who don’t.

SIDENOTE: This dude in the picture raps. I can already see where this is going.

I dunno Tone, I think the fact that we can speak with you guys and you interact with us and build relationships with your fan base is kinda special. I met Kno and Deacon in a car park in Manchester before the show last year and I’m sure if i’d have mentioned my screen name to them there’d have been some degree of recognition (along the lines of ‘yeah, this guy posts in the boards’ or something). That shit doesn’t happen with artists and I think its something that defines QN5.

Mystery is overrated.

personally, I feel that the ability to reach out to you guys is extremely unique and cool. it gives me a more personal connection with the music and creates a stronger incentive for me to support the artist/label. Besides the fucking amazing music that QN5 provides, the fact that they listen to the fans and actually communicate back on a regular basis has pulled me in in a way that no other entertainment/media has before. QN5 is an immersive experience. They value fan input, create ways to interact with fans (livestreams, fan-sourcing, Megashow, social media, etc), deliver super high quality music, stay true to their art, and put on the best live shows.

Definitely 5 steps ahead of the game.

Tonedeff said:
SIDENOTE: This dude in the picture raps. I can already see where this is going.

haha
oh brother

The interaction each QN5 artist has with their fans is something that makes the label so special. I mean, what label would allow fans from their forum drive them around a foreign country on tour?

Agreed. I mean, I think this is slightly divergent to the point Tone was making.. But the down-to-earth element is a huge draw for Blueschoolers. I’d love to see you guys become rich and famous for your music.. But at the end of the day, the whole celebrity thing is bullshit. You’re human beings that make honest music that resonates with thousands of others. Being down with the fans really strengthens that perception of you.

lol I even know much less succussful artists who act all ‘kanye’ when a fan goes up to them.

#7. THE “BIG FAN”

5mbakw.jpg

Not sure if this says more about me, than him.

Hey man, it’s really hard to find information about musical artists nowadays!

But seriously, when artists gain huge fan bases when they have two popular songs, it’s no surprise people think they can consider themselves “huge fans” when they’ve heard “Velocity” on YouTube.

^^ that one is just dropping the ‘big fan’ thing because he hopes it’ll make it more likely that you’ll reply

AI8u41T.png

This one made me drop my jaw and perform a rare uber-facepalm saved for special occasions.

Porsborg said:AI8u41T.png

This one made me drop my jaw and perform a rare uber-facepalm saved for special occasions.

I actually posted a ROFLCopter gif, but decided to just leave it alone. People with a poor understanding of the word “Flow” wouldn’t be able to process sarcasm. No flow? Really? lol… People make no sense. Demon is the flowiest of the flowies.

Tonedeff said:

I actually posted a ROFLCopter gif, but decided to just leave it alone. People with a poor understanding of the word “Flow” wouldn’t be able to process sarcasm. No flow? Really? lol… People make no sense. Demon is the flowiest of the flowies.

Exactly. He could have criticized everything - but the flow?
Reading those comments is actually hilarious and sad at the same time.

The rapping on the ep is the last thing I would expect people to complain about. They’re complaining about “stutter” rapping and no flow? Very strange.

Porsborg said:

Tonedeff said:

Exactly. He could have criticized everything - but the flow?
Reading those comments is actually hilarious and sad at the same time.

Don’t worry, Tone just rapped so fast that the words just flew past homeboys ears. That’s probably why he feels that way.

Comments like those make me very, very scared for music.. and humanity.

Tonedeff’s music is wasted on the worst generation of tasteless idiots *sigh*

I thought people wanted the rappity-rap Tonedeff back (I’m 99% sure he was still present on the Glutton EP, but according to other people..) .. and they’re still complaining?

houstonz said:I thought people wanted the rappity-rap Tonedeff back (I’m 99% sure he was still present on the Glutton EP, but according to other people..) .. and they’re still complaining?

Sounds like most of the people complaining are still hung up on chico and the man. Tone could put out the equivalent of abbey road or dark side and people would still complain about wanting catm.

houstonz said:I thought people wanted the rappity-rap Tonedeff back (I’m 99% sure he was still present on the Glutton EP, but according to other people..) .. and they’re still complaining?

“Cause I’ll be wack the day all Hip Hop fans are finally happy with something”-Tonedeff

People will always find something to complain. Tonedeff could literally include young STD free women to suck your dick with every purchase of Demon or Glutton, and I guarantee people will complain on some shit like “Pst…Her Ass is too big and her tities are too huge for me!” Or “She’s not sucking it in the way I want her to suck it!!!” Or even “Don’t you have any other chicks man!! I’m not into <insert race and/or Body type> type of chicks!!”

That guy that said Demon has no flow is so backwards you could use him to find the best music. Just ask him what he thinks are the top WORST albums of the year and you’ll probably receive the best music you’ll ever hear.

Tonedeff, in all honesty, these people who would criticize your flow or would buy this mainstream commercialized BULL over what any of the QN5 roster produce are seriously flawed and devoid of ears. I like REAL MUSIC! I listen to Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Johnny Cash, The CunninLyngyists, and Tonedeff!!! (to name a few)! And I listen to all these bands/artists (QN5 included) because I appreciate real art, lyrics, and MUSIC. I LOVE deep storytelling, complex rhythms, instruments, and impeccable flows (and DEMON surely has one!!!) Since I write rhythmic poetry in my spare time, I really have a deep appreciation for lyrical skill. Unfortunately real music isn’t as well respected and accepted in the mainstream as it should be. Now days as long as you have a catchy beat and some lyrics about your car or your bling, you do well in the mainstream, but people who truly know and respect MUSIC aren’t gonna buy into it no matter how much money they spend to see to it that we do. Keep doing your thing, Tonedeff. There are people like myself who respect it and THANK YOU for it. Because without artist like you, we would have nothing else to listen to in today’s modern age of “music.”

So here’s to a NEW YEAR of great independent MUSIC that give the rest of us something new and original to enjoy.

#8. IMPRESSED BUT NOT IMPRESSED PEOPLE

24uyjd1.png

Yes, I’m sure all of your friends can do this. *shrug*

^ wow what a twat. A lot of people know how to use a keyboard…. doesn’t mean you should.

^
Jesus. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t, eh Tone?

Did you link him to Use Me?

deStructuralized said:Jesus. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t, eh Tone?

2zjdt1l.png

People, bro. People.

“FAM RESURRECTION IS COOL N ALL BUT I PREFERRED IT WHEN U KICKED IT OLD SCHOOL AND WALKED ON WATER YOU KNOW”

“Y ARE YOU WALKING ON WATER ALL THE TIME, CAN’T YOU DO SOMETHING INVOLVING REAL LIFE”

“HEY YOU KNOW WHAT I MISS? MULTIPLYING FISH”

¯\(°_o)/¯