close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

General Discussion The gaming thread

Been alot of good games come out this year…especially oct/nov. Making the wait for a certain album fly by. I did the best buy “pre order 5 games for $100 in reward certificates” deal. I got:

Rage
Batman - Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Uncharted 3
The elder scrolls v - Skyrim

Batman is probably my favorite game so far this year (with portal 2 at a close second), but I can see uncharted 3 or skyrim taking that top spot easily.

uncharted 3 tomorrow

Battlefield 3 is my shit.

I got MW3 on hold, but considering getting BF3, as well. any input?? Which is better?

also, NBA2k12, FIFA12 and Madden12 are completely taking over my gaming life. Haven’t played Black Ops in quite some time.

2 by four said:uncharted 3 tomorrow

This.

I’ve been catching up on the assassins creed series. Choices are kinda limited on a Mac so I’m gonna get a windows partition for batman and skyrim. For shooters I prefer stuff like borderlands so team fortress 2 is my shit. and it’s free. Add me as a friend on steam and let’s blow some things up. Steam name is mcmixing *cough*LooksAtFriendInviteSentToTonedeffAMonthAgo*cough*cough* lol

Skyrim, Ultimate MvC3, & MW3 are all already pre-ordered

Still want: Arkham City, DBZ Ultimate Tenkaichi.

Anticipation for: Diablo 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, SoulCal 5.

I already played out Madden and sold in on ebay for 50$. haha.

LivingLegend said:I got MW3 on hold, but considering getting BF3, as well. any input?? Which is better?

They’re two very different types of shooter.

Personally, I prefer Battlefield to Call of Duty because there’s a lot more variety in each match and requires a much greater strategical play style. Having put about 15 hours into BF3 so far, I can say that it’s one of the most fun and rewarding online shooters I’ve ever played.

I’ll still probably get MW3 at some point, but it’s essentially the same game they’ve released the last 4 years in a row now.

Already bought BF3. Next purchase: Uncharted 3 & Batman: Arkham City.
Tonedeff you have PS3?? Wow I surprised. Do you play online?

If I had PS3, I would be getting Uncharted 3. Everyone I know who really loves video games is extremely looking forward to that one.

Picked up Battlefield 3 - awesome multiplayer as always and the new co-op missions are dope, though the solo campaign is kinda dull and filled with moments where you’re just going to die repeatedly til you find a way past a wave of a dozen enemies that all aim for you and not your AI allies. D’oh.

Picking up MW3 and Skyrim next week.. gotta say I’m 10x more amped for Skyrim than I was for Battlefield or MW3. I’m taking a few days off work just to get my Xbox Hermit on.

2 by four said:uncharted 3 tomorrow

Yup…can’t wait. Wish I wasn’t working midnights right now. My psn is DispatchNinja if anyone wants to add me.

I dunno how you ppl have so much time to listen to music and play video games…
i’m kinda jealous, tbh.

I’ve been a Call of Duty guy since MW2, but maybe I’ll give Battlefield 3 a chance this time around…

houstonz said:Picked up Battlefield 3 - awesome multiplayer as always and the new co-op missions are dope, though the solo campaign is kinda dull and filled with moments where you’re just going to die repeatedly til you find a way past a wave of a dozen enemies that all aim for you and not your AI allies. D’oh.

Picking up MW3 and Skyrim next week.. gotta say I’m 10x more amped for Skyrim than I was for Battlefield or MW3. I’m taking a few days off work just to get my Xbox Hermit on.

I took a couple days off work for skyrim too lol. I won’t be able to play it the weekend it comes out so I took off monday and tuesday.

worm9103 said:I dunno how you ppl have so much time to listen to music and play video games…

Lot of hard work and sacrifice. My girl hates me. haha!!

JTX said:

houstonz said:

I took a couple days off work for skyrim too lol. I won’t be able to play it the weekend it comes out so I took off monday and tuesday.

That sucks.. I’m a mischevious fuck and set up my work schedule so that I always have Fridays off (thug shit) and told my job I’m going out of town for some sorta Thanksgiving family stuff in Louisiana for the 12-14th. I’ll pretty much be telling them the same thing but for Christmas on December 13-15th.

Am I the only Zelda fan that frequents the forums? Skyward fucking Sword will be out on November 20. All other games can wait.

Bastion_Boxart_PC_small.jpg
Can’t recommend this game enough.

From its dynamic narration, to the way it manages to retain in-universe context for otherwise “meta”-tasks like difficulty management, level progression & New Game Plus, to the clear sense of purpose found in every weapon, location & mob, this isn’t just one of the best games I managed to play this year: it’s one of the best storytelling experiences I’ve ever encountered.

Gameplay-wise, it’s like someone took everything fun about the Diablo / Torchlight genre of adventure RPGs and distilled it into a 96% pure solution.

Not to mention the soundtrack and the art.

It is the Blue Sky of dungeon crawlers and you need to take a bump.

deStructuralized said:Bastion_Boxart_PC_small.jpg
Can’t recommend this game enough.

From its dynamic narration, to the way it manages to retain in-universe context for otherwise “meta”-tasks like difficulty management, level progression & New Game Plus, to the clear sense of purpose found in every weapon, location & mob, this isn’t just one of the best games I managed to play this year: it’s one of the best storytelling experiences I’ve ever encountered.

Gameplay-wise, it’s like someone took everything fun about the Diablo / Torchlight genre of adventure RPGs and distilled it into a 96% pure solution.

Not to mention the soundtrack and the art.

It is the Blue Sky of dungeon crawlers and you need to take a bump.

Hugely agree. Great game. Great art. Great soundtrack (two songs in particular were in my head for months).

I’m still playing Counterstrike 1.5….

I have no power until Friday so I’m playing Chrono Trigger for DS. The port is pretty nice.

I’m a huge assassin’s creed fan myself. I might pick up that Rocksmith game. I’ve always wanted learn how to play guitar correctly.

CleanupCrew said:Am I the only Zelda fan that frequents the forums? Skyward fucking Sword will be out on November 20. All other games can wait.

*looks at own username* hell fucking yes! been waiting for this game, and its been getting amazing reviews, cannot fucking wait.

caracicatriz said:I might pick up that Rocksmith game. I’ve always wanted learn how to play guitar correctly.

i, too, thought that looked pretty cool. I never got into Guitar Hero… but mostly cuz I thought it was dumb to just push buttons. Always thought it would make more sense to just go play real guitar! *shrug*

onilink said:

CleanupCrew said:Am I the only Zelda fan that frequents the forums? Skyward fucking Sword will be out on November 20. All other games can wait.

*looks at own username* hell fucking yes! been waiting for this game, and its been getting amazing reviews, cannot fucking wait.

def looks dope, will be copping that as well. I got from after work today until next week to beat uncharted 3 and then make room for MW3 (by the way we should start a clan for that shit). They really bombarded us this fall with games. Gotta have those kiddies making xmas lists i guess.

caracicatriz said:I’m a huge assassin’s creed fan myself

Fuck yeah, 14 days till Revelations!

I got Batlefield 3 on release,and it’s growing on me,the multiplayer is great and i recommend it for anyone whos into team based FPS.But yeah the campaign is kinda meh,but necessary i guess.

I got MW3 pre-ordered for next week too,really looking forward to how they end the story,and of course the pretty excited for the MP too.Lookin forward to uncharted 3 as well.

But the best news…..Grand Theft Auto 5 trailer tomorrow!...announced by Rockstar last week.

Anyone heard of this PS3 3D TV?

http://www.3dtvguide.org/playstation-3d-tv.html

Just heard about it now. Kinda cool.

I’ll just sit here in my corner playing Banjo Kazooie while my PS3 remains broken.

I just played a little Rayman Origins at work, and for ANYONE that has ever liked old school platformers, DO NOT pass this one up. It runs so damn cleanly.

If Ren and Stimpy, had sex with Super Mario World, and translated Tone’s flow into smooth HD hand drawn animation, it would be this game..

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/10/14/dont-dismiss-rayman-origins?objectid=77705