close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

General Discussion The gaming thread

I haven’t gotten either! I’m like 100% certain that if I end up getting one I’ll end up getting the other. Dangerous…

Awakening was dope but it definitely ate away at my life in exactly the ways you’re describing lol

deStructuralized said:I haven’t gotten either! I’m like 100% certain that if I end up getting one I’ll end up getting the other. Dangerous…

Awakening was dope but it definitely ate away at my life in exactly the ways you’re describing lol

Just don’t buy both versions physical like I did, the DLC cannot be shared and you don’t get the path bonus that you’d get buying one copy physical and the other paths digital.

The 3rd and ultimate path called Revelation was release on March 10th. I am deciding whether to play Birthright or Revelation after beating Conquest.

I just bought a new 3DS. Pretty awesome, really enjoying it (although gonna have to trade it in for an XL because it’s crippling my hands). Played the Demo for Awakening and liked it a fair bit.. can you guys explain to me how the 3 (?) new games work and which one I should get?

Epic Aesthetic said:I just bought a new 3DS. Pretty awesome, really enjoying it (although gonna have to trade it in for an XL because it’s crippling my hands). Played the Demo for Awakening and liked it a fair bit.. can you guys explain to me how the 3 (?) new games work and which one I should get?

N3DS is a beautiful system and the library is absurdly good at this point. However the XL also crippled my hands because of how big it is. Honestly, if you don’t mind not being able to play a couple games (Xenoblade Chronicles, Binding of Isaac, or the upcoming SNES re-releases), the 2DS is the most ergonomic and cost effective system around. I think it’s my favorite model.

Onto Fire Emblem: Fates—>

Basically, the game is set up so that after the first 6 chapters you choose a side in a war, depending on what version you buy you get a path. After Chapter 6 its a different game depending on the path.

The paths are:

Conquest/Nohr - Medieval/western style kingdom, corrupted warmonger king who raised you and his evil advisor run the show, while you and the Nohr siblings try to bring about peace from within the side of corruption. The characters you meet are a little more ruthless but ultimately everyone but the king and his advisor mean well. This path is one of the 2 original paths and is for more experienced gamers. There are no extra levels that allow you to gain experience, as well as differences with the weapons, and some of the abilities you can learn. The objectives are a little more diverse in this game instead of just “Kill them all” as it is in Birthright.

Birthright/Hoshido - Samurai/eastern style kingdom, noble yet self-righteous and semi racist royal family. You meet up with them in the first chapter and find out some interesting stuff about your main character’s history. Birthright is the easiest of the paths and allows you to grind and level characters as much as you need. I’ve heard the characters are a little more bland on this side.

Revelation/Valla - The Hidden kingdom. 3rd and final path that was released after the first two paths, digital only. I believe units from this kingdom are somehow able to cloak their identities and be almost invisible. I’m not sure what this path is all about yet, but supposedly all of the serious PVP/end gaming will be using this path optimally. I’ve heard one unit from Conquest can be carried over to this path. I really don’t know much about this kingdom yet.

Cool fact: 3 characters travel through some kind of portal from the Awakening game, change their names, and work for you if you go the Conquest path.

There’s really too much to this game to explain it all. The Fates part is at the end of Chapter 6 when you choose your path. If you bought a physical game you only get 1 path, but get a discount if you buy the other paths through the game digitally, also there is some kind of path bonus for owning multiple paths.

If you are new to this series, I would still start Conquest, because Nohr is badass. I just beat Conquest and I already want to replay that path.

Make sure to upgraded your N3DS to a bigger microsd card, 32GB!

I’m actually quite impressed with the 3D effect on the N3DS and I am also very excited to get Super Metroid on it (my favourite game of all time). Would you say the XL is better than the regular? I find it so annoying that A is the most used button in most games and yet the most painful to press whilst cramping my hands together.

So should I start with Awakening, Fates or Conquest? Are they all really different games or just different themes/storylines?

The Trashman said:

deStructuralized said:I haven’t gotten either! I’m like 100% certain that if I end up getting one I’ll end up getting the other. Dangerous…

Just don’t buy both versions physical like I did, the DLC cannot be shared and you don’t get the path bonus that you’d get buying one copy physical and the other paths digital.

The 3rd and ultimate path called Revelation was release on March 10th. I am deciding whether to play Birthright or Revelation after beating Conquest.

Boom, well that seals it. I’ll probably end up getting Conquest and go digital after that. Thanks for the details!

@Epic AFAIK The Fire Emblem series, like Final Fantasy, generally doesn’t require you to have played prior games to fully enjoy whichever one you’re currently on. I thoroughly enjoyed Awakening, but with Fates offering 3 brand new gameplay experiences I don’t think you can go wrong with jumping straight into the newness, either.

At its core the series is isometric, turn-based tactics in a medieval setting but as Trashman mentioned Fates features a difficulty gradient by design.

Uncharted 4 in less than a week. Anyone else excited?

JTX said:Uncharted 4 in less than a week. Anyone else excited?

Me!... I actually just started the Nathan Drake Collection last night. I never had a PS3 so I’ve never played any of the Uncharted games before. Super excited to dive into series. Playing all 4 games in a row for the first time should be interesting.

Also ... PS4 owners should all definitely play Ratchet and Clank… SO GOOD!

Goddamn 2 more 12 hour shifts plus a full day of class and more work on Thursday before I can finally dive into Uncharted 4 Thursday night. The wait is killing me.

Is anybody playing Battlefield 1 on ps4? LOVE this game. Can’t get enough of it. Me and my buddies are looking for more people to play with so we have a bigger squad working together.

I normally play after 7:30pm (central)

PSN - patattaq…. add me blue schoolers!! (put qn5 or something in the friend request so I know it came from here)