close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

General Discussion Music in 2012

Deltron event 2 is apparently finished…

In October 2011, on his twitter account, Kid Koala (@therealkidkoala) stated “finished final deltron turntable sessions at 7 am this morning. very excited about this record.”
In November 2011, Del the funky homosapien commented on his Facebook page on a photo of himself and Dan the Automator, claiming “The album is done, Kid Koala put the final scratches/touches on it. Will probably be out sometime next year once the logistics are all figured out. Peace”.

If this and catm drop in the same year, I honestly can’t even put into words how happy I would be.

JTX said:
If this and catm drop in the same year, I honestly can’t even put into words how happy I would be.

New soja album coming out 1/31…called strength to survive.

“I can’t remember how to play any of my new songs because they’ve been done for A FUCKING YEAR!” - Fiona Apple at a Fiona Apple/Jon Brion show I went to last November.

2012? Please? Hopefully?

JTX said:51de74a6.jpg

Pretty fucking excited about this..

Unsure if this has been talked about in here, but has anyone checked out Lana Del Rey? Her music is fucking incredible.

That lana del rey sounds good.

New jack white single out for his upcoming solo album.

e1b0aba3.jpg

Big krit - Boobie miles
http://soundcloud.com/bigkrit/big-k-r-i-t-boobie-miles

Ahhhhhh this song is so good. Guess that pic he posted isn’t the final tl.

Lovely track, thanks.

lana is sexy, i remember my gf showed me her song ‘video games’ like a year ago

Brother ali has a free 7 track ep dropping tomorrow called “the bite marked heart” with production by jake one and ant. Also, krit’s new project got pushed back to march 5th.

New Nacho Picasso video for Phantom Of The Opera: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy4slof2YK4

I remember when BSBD first put the “Numbnuts” video on YouTube back at the beginning of last Summer and it was my first time hearing Nacho, and he really just stuck with me. He’s not a great rapper, but he makes some entertaining music. He’s witty and funny.

Also, the new Big K.R.I.T. freestyle just cements him as my favourite rapper right now.
http://soundcloud.com/bigkrit/big-k-r-i-t-king-pt-2

Nacho’s grown on me loads. He says so many things that just make me laugh. Every now and again I just have random lines of his stuck in my head for no reason.

Epic Aesthetic said:Nacho’s grown on me loads. He says so many things that just make me laugh. Every now and again I just have random lines of his stuck in my head for no reason.

My favourite has to be the hook from Jammin’. I bounce around the house doing my best Chopped & Screwed voice to this. My girlfriend hates it.

Wh when I’m rammin she gu’need a stand in, ya pistol bob marley nigga it be jammin

“Set that girl free, why you tryin’ a jail her? I just wanna nail her, tim the toolman taylor”

“...I’m always getting head like I’m vlad the impaler”

plain and simple….

“If I like the juggs on her, then I’m probably druggin her.”

Can we start a “Nacho one-liners” thread!?? hahaha!!

Haha I wouldn’t say no to that.

In other news, anyone checked out the Black Sands Remixed album?

Sounds awesome so far. His DJ set I saw last week was absolutely incredible, really blew me away. Shame I otherwise had such a bad night and now connect a lot of his music to bad memories :/

Tonedeff & Kno - Chico & The Man
Big Krit - Live From The Underground
Brother Ali - Mourning In America and Dreaming In Color
20120104-PROGRESSION.jpg
Talib Kweli - Prisoner of Conscious
Kendrick Lamar – Good Kid In A Mad City
Nas - Life Is Good
Action Bronson - Mr Wonderful
Fashawn & Exile - The Ecology

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBA07qXxbA

B.J. The Chicago Kids’ new project, Pineapple Now-Laters, should appear on iTunes any time now.

9f9d0922.jpg
Drops in 4 hours

K.r.i.t. mixtape is pretty damn good. First time I’ve ever really listened to him, but I like what I hear so far. Nice flow, and smooth ass beats for sure—last time I heard a sax in a rap song was on Illmatic. Lovin it!

fromthe603 said:K.r.i.t. mixtape is pretty damn good. First time I’ve ever really listened to him, but I like what I hear so far. Nice flow, and smooth ass beats for sure—last time I heard a sax in a rap song was on Illmatic. Lovin it!

Yea I’m liking it alot too…especially the 2nd half. First half grew on me a lil more on the 2nd playthrough.

fromthe603 said:last time I heard a sax in a rap song was on Illmatic. Lovin it!

http://www.bopalloy.bandcamp.com

Haven’t finished it yet, but its very laid back. Its nice. No Bangers, which I like.

The Knowmads, a hip hop group from Seattle, just put out their new album the Knewbook and I highly suggest it to anyone

2407589703-1.jpg

4 new deltron event 2 songs (dub remixes) coming in may…here’s the details. I’m coppin this box set as soon as it’s available.

Positive Contact: A collision of hip-hop, beer, cider and culinary exploration

Dogfish Head Craft Brewery and Deltron 3030’s Dan the Automator have teamed up to create Positive Contact, a hybrid of beer and cider based on Dan’s favorite ingredients and Dogfish Head’s innovative brewing practices.

Deltron 3030 is an adventurous hip-hop collaboration between Dan and Del the Funkee Homosapien. Deltron’s self-titled debut album, released in 2000, was an instant classic and is included on many hip-hop best-of lists. It got an 8/10 rating on NME, which called it “a crazed sci-fi journey to Planet B.S. that takes myriad detours around the galaxy. The most purely enjoyable hip-hop album of 2000.”

Over a decade in the making, the new Deltron 3030 album is set to drop this spring, and Positive Contact was brewed to celebrate the release.

Named after a key track on the first album, Positive Contact is a 9% ABV hybrid of beer and cider brewed with wood-pressed Fuji apples, roasted farro, a handful of cayenne peppers and a late dose of fresh cilantro. This sweet-and-sour Belgian-ish brew is a light straw color with fruity, cider-like notes. The cayenne and alcohol give it a warming finish.

The beer will be released in a dynamic box set of six 750-ml champagne bottles, with a 10-inch vinyl EP of four new Deltron 3030 remixes created exclusively for this project, and a list of Deltron 3030-inspired recipes from a small group of renowned chefs (see below). Invite some friends over, rock the album, drink the beer and whip up a multi-course meal. It’s a house party in a box.

Damn JTX that’s a ridiculous package lmfao. I’ll had to skip that.

On another note I’m diggin 4evaNaDay. It’s growing on me after every listen. I’m liking how it’s all krit no features, the way he transitions frOm one song to the next is really clever as well