Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Tonedeff Tabula Rasa (Updated 8.30.12)

tabula_rasa.gif

eight blank squares
divided into what seems to be four distinct pairs
three larger quadrilaterals (left, middle, right) can be formed by grouping two pairs at a time

discuss?

so blank slate… with 8 blanks. hmm. New roster? i have no fuckin clue.

8 different Tonedeff projects. Cool.

^ that’s kinda what I thought at first.. but like… for really tho? EIGHT?

nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

but then again…................. I’m not much for doubting Tone’s capabilities

Or maybe 8 releases for 2012 from QN5.
Things we know about: CATM, Peter Anthony Red, FreEP of fast raps, Archetype follow-up, Asterisk 5, PackFM - Human Highlight Reel, Substantial’s next solo, Kokayi - 202.
Edit: Also Monotone EP rerelease

There’s also 8 months left to 2012 after April. Maybe it’s a Tonedeff advent calendar and we get a delicious chocolate treat every month starting now until December.

well, Hyperrealism, Chico and the Man, second solo album, Free EP and Asterisk 5. Thats just what we know about. It wouldn’t be too unrealistic to think he’s working on three projects that we don’t know about.

I think we’re too far into the year to get 8 releases from qn5 for 2012. Your second guess sounds more likely imo.

JLee said:Or maybe 8 releases for 2012 from QN5.
Things we know about: CATM, Peter Anthony Red, FreEP of fast raps, Archetype follow-up, Asterisk 5, PackFM - Human Highlight Reel, Substantial’s next solo, Kokayi - 202.

Don’t forget Natti EP. Or it’s APOS stuff?

I agree with 2 by four it can be new roster for QUINTIC label.

I fucking love this Very Happy.. This whole searching for the truth-thing going on every time Tone lets out the smallest clue! I love reading threads like these…! Wink

Disambiguation - To establish a single grammatical or semantic interpretation for

No clue if it has any relevance. Just throwing in what I found…

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Cross your eyes and they turn into 10 blank slates. Trippy!

i’m gonna go for 8 releases. i can’t imagine him signing 8 artists (to quintic?) in this short a period, even if some are already on QN5

edit: and how the hell did i miss that tone has a tumblr!?! ah well

By gather from what people are saying and seeing that tumblr page..I think tone is reinventing himself ina way..clean slate…from what others think of him..eg..the fast rapper…I read tabula rasa deffinition/discussion and this was a lil sentence I thought fit well for the topic….......“the power to effect that change is now ascribed to society, not the self ” kinda why I was thinking he’s changing not himself just how society sees him..

When I first saw this, I completely just took it at face value as meaning Tone is attempting to start fresh, and that there wasn’t anything deeper to the 8 squares. Even after reading through this thread I thought everyone was just over thinking shit. Then Tone comes in and Burns us, making me think I was wrong and there is something there.

Thankfully, I love overthinking, and Tone loves making us overthink. This place never fails for the best community engagement.

JLee said:There’s also 8 months left to 2012 after April. Maybe it’s a Tonedeff advent calendar and we get a delicious chocolate treat every month starting now until December.

now I want one of those damn Christmas chocolate boxes. do they sell those in April?

wat about any new CL stuff? strange journey vol.3 maybe?

JLee said:Or maybe 8 releases for 2012 from QN5.
Edit: Also Monotone EP rerelease

what about Natti’s Higher Enlightenment?

wow so it really is eight Tonedeff projects…

Hyperralism
Peter Anthony Red EP in the next two months for free
Polymer (New Tonedeff concept album with “Crispy”)
Tonedeff EP
Follow up to Archetype (but nothing like Archetype) with “Sunshine”
CATM
Two unknowns still

The Tonedeff albums are him rhyming although there is some singing, Peter Anthony Red are mostly just singing but maybe rapping on one or two songs

Polymer also has “the dirtiest song ever created.” It is an electronic sung track that involves the words “fuck your dirty pussy” haha

yeah i didn’t catch many lyrics, but tone was fuckin headbanging along. it was excellent

KaRaKaKaShK said:Polymer also has “the dirtiest song ever created.” It is an electronic sung track that involves the words “fuck your dirty pussy” haha

With one of the sickest beats I’ve ever heard

The beat on that song…jeezus. If that was a Drake song or something (w/ cleaner lyrics ofc) it would be the biggest hit of the year. That’s what’s so great about Tone is that he isn’t your typical boring underground rapper who makes music that normal people can’t enjoy at all

^^^ precisely

Daaaammmmnnn I’m hyped. It doesn’t sound very likely that catm will be coming anytime in the near future, I wouldn’t be suprised at all if it doesn’t come out this year, which I’m fine with tbh. I just hope he releases at least one of those newly announced albums this year.

Monotone Album finally in the pipeline!

Monotone 15 Year Anniversary Edition also just announced! And Hyperrealism confirmed for 2012!

tak08810 said:wow so it really is eight Tonedeff projects…

Hyperralism
Peter Anthony Red EP in the next two months for free
Polymer (New Tonedeff concept album with “Crispy”)
Tonedeff EP
Follow up to Archetype (but nothing like Archetype) with “Sunshine”
CATM
Two unknowns still

The Tonedeff albums are him rhyming although there is some singing, Peter Anthony Red are mostly just singing but maybe rapping on one or two songs

Maybe add the Monotone re-release on there.

Edit: probably should have refreshed before posting this lol

KaRaKaKaShK said:Monotone 15 Year Anniversary Edition also just announced! And Hyperrealism confirmed for 2012!

ha he must have been mentioning that when my internets cut out

KaRaKaKaShK said:Monotone 15 Year Anniversary Edition also just announced! And Hyperrealism confirmed for 2012!

Yyyyyyyeeeeesssss can’t wait for hyperrealism. Water has been on repeat.