close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Substantial :: Official ‘Home Is Where The Art Is’ Discussion Thread ::

I was really trying to wait for my CD and vinyl to show up, but since the vinyl don’t ship for another week or so and UGHH doesn’t ship your order til they get everything in stock.. I broke down. Listening on bandcamp, and I’m on “Mr. Consistent” right now. Really liking it so far! I reeeeeeally loved “Spilled Milk” - awesome intro track.

14f711ea.jpg

Got it in the mail last night. Only listened to it once so far but Stan definitely brought the heat.

Why is this thread dead?

What is everyones thoughts now that it has been out for just about a month? I still listen to this whole thing all the way through every other day just about. I can definitely say that this album will be in some kind of rotation for years to come. “grateful” “the verge” “mr consistent” “resilient” “make believe” “shit on my lawn” and “umoja” remain my absoult favorites (over half the album haha) but the other 5 songs are still really fuckin good.

The production on the album is superb for sure. Stan can seem to get a little monotone at times but all in all, it’s a good album.

Got my signed physical copy yesterday, just getting started with this album. I love it so far. I don’t think there are any songs I don’t like hearing. Thanks Stan!

Like most of the songs and they are best ones to listen anytime!!!

f626c40e12ce11e2a5a612313b0a4c95_7.jpg

Received my signed vinyl… Now time to find myself a vinyl player.

With the vinyl laid out like that, reminds me of:

mickey-mouse-stencil-240x240.jpg

Yeah son!

mVGrc.jpg

Stan is the man. Thanks for this again dude. Album is dope!.

USPS needs to hurry they asses up. I’ve only listened to the album about 3 times on bandcamp.. need moar listensssssss

First album I ever bought at iTunes. (thanks sister for the giftcard, I hate iTunes with a passion) Need to give it some thorough listens before giving an opinion.

I also bought When the Luster fades, love that song.

Thanks for supporting, fam.

Substantial is great! I love that guy for for what he does with the youth in his neighborhood and the messages he conveys through his music.

I myself work with your youth at a grassroots level as well, so I feel I can relate to his music: the hard work mentality, discipline, community building, caring for your neighborhood. Plus this is great stuff you can give to the youth to listen to. Substantial is an example! Thank you sir!

Plus See Hear, DAMN! The music KNOCKS and the lyrics is so freakin’ awesome. The video makes it hit home!

To organize one’s life at the service of other people is like the greatest thing one can do, thats an example Stan! Again, thank you sir!

Thanks fam. I appreciate the kind words.

For those who haven’t seen my latest interview peep…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJHBRe-7rSk

LoG said:Substantial is great! I love that guy for for what he does with the youth in his neighborhood and the messages he conveys through his music.

I myself work with your youth at a grassroots level as well, so I feel I can relate to his music: the hard work mentality, discipline, community building, caring for your neighborhood. Plus this is great stuff you can give to the youth to listen to. Substantial is an example! Thank you sir!

Plus See Hear, DAMN! The music KNOCKS and the lyrics is so freakin’ awesome. The video makes it hit home!

To organize one’s life at the service of other people is like the greatest thing one can do, thats an example Stan! Again, thank you sir!

Home is Where the Art is INSTRUMENTALS! Download them for free for a week!

http://mellomusicgroup.bandcamp.com/album/home-is-where-the-art-is-instrumentals

I still think this album is damn near flawless. Substantial is one of those guys that you can tell really takes his time with the project hes trying to make. This album further solidify’s why hes one of my favorite lyricists period. Great work man keep it up.