close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Tonedeff :: The Official ‘POLYMER’ Discussion Thread ::

tonedeff_polymer_cover.png border=0

The next ‘Tonedeff’ Album.

“A polymer is a large molecule (macromolecule) composed of repeating structural units. These sub-units are typically connected by covalent chemical bonds. Although the term polymer is sometimes taken to refer to plastics, it actually encompasses a large class of compounds comprising both natural and synthetic materials with a wide variety of properties.” - Source of All Knowledge, Wikipedia

I’m not sure if it’s because I’ve had no sleep or that chemistry is probably my worst ever subject, but trying to deduce anything from that full page hurt my eyes. I thought that last sentence was interesting though.

What do we know thus far?

- There will be a Free EP in the run up to it’s release
- It will have a theme, presumably associated with the name
- It won’t be a traditional album in the light of Archetype or ‘Archetype2’
- Crispy will be on it
- “The dirtiest song ever” will be on it
- A Chew Fu track will be on it
- Those last 3 tracks, correct me if I’m wrong, would seem to be fairly electronic based

Anything I’ve missed?

————————————————-

tonedeff_glutton_cvr_550px.jpg

blg_td_dmn_cvr.jpg border=0

blg_td_hntr_cvr.jpg

td_phantom_cvr.jpg

I have a feeling it will be very influenced by synths. Not that that should be a surprise, because Tonedeff has always liked using synths and electronic/drum & bass sounds. Perhaps there’ll be no samples at all on Polymer?

jinx8402 said:I have a feeling it will be very influenced by synths. Not that that should be a surprise, because Tonedeff has always liked using synths and electronic/drum & bass sounds.

Yeah this is what I was thinking and truly hope is the case. I love that kind of music and really enjoyed all of Tone’s current material that dabber in it. If so, I’m assuming this is also where he was trying to get some stuff from Numbernin6.

Also, the beat for “the dirtiest song ever” was as filthy as the lyrics. That is gonna be a song you won’t be able to resist blasting out in public places. I hope you’re ready for the implications of that Tone. I imagine the ‘clean’ version will be absolutely genius.

Epic Aesthetic said:

jinx8402 said:I imagine the ‘clean’ version will be absolutely genius.

I can imagine it now… “Lick your pudding off my dog”

So this will be his follow up to Archetype.

What is the time table looking like?

-PAR - EP
-Chico and the Man
-PAR - Hyperreality
-TD-Polymer

jinx8402 said:I have a feeling it will be very influenced by synths. Not that that should be a surprise, because Tonedeff has always liked using synths and electronic/drum & bass sounds. Perhaps there’ll be no samples at all on Polymer?

Yay Smile

Nah, the follow up to Archetype is still A mystery beside the fact “Sunrise” will be on it and it’s after PAR records and Polymer. Possibly before CATM.

Current timeline:

PAR free EP
Tonedeff free EP
Polymer
PAR LP

Archetype follow-up/CATM later on. Might have Polymer and the PAR LP switched around.

houstonz said:Nah, the follow up to Archetype is still A mystery beside the fact “Sunrise” will be on it and it’s after PAR records and Polymer. Possibly before CATM.

Current timeline:

PAR free EP
Tonedeff free EP
Polymer
PAR LP

Archetype follow-up/CATM later on. Might have Polymer and the PAR LP switched around.

Did Tone say he was gonna release the Tonedeff EP this year/before Hyperrealism?

could it be the “synthetic” is the electronic/D & B and the “natural” is piano and strings? I don’t know if I got myself really excited for nothing but that would be bananas.

houstonz said:Nah, the follow up to Archetype is still A mystery beside the fact “Sunrise” will be on it and it’s after PAR records and Polymer. Possibly before CATM.

Current timeline:

PAR free EP
Tonedeff free EP
Polymer
PAR LP

If this all drops in 2012, Tonedeff got one hell of a year. Looking forward most to Polymer I guess, but 4 releases damn.

No timeline for these releases

tonedeff music instantly goes to the top of my most anticipated list.

deStructuralized said:No timeline for these releases

Far as I can tell, an EP should be released for Free in the next to months and the sung album is expected for 2012

I really hope that Crispy includes some form of saying the lines slowly, similarly to what he does at shows. It’d be a great way to get non-believers to understand exactly how ridiculous what he is doing is.

He said Hyperrealism’s going to be released in 2012 right?
So that means that the PAR EP will also be in 2012 at the very least….

Bisora said:He said Hyperrealism’s going to be released in 2012 right?
So that means that the PAR EP will also be in 2012 at the very least….

This is pretty much all I heard about the release dates for any upcoming projects. He said there’s no way PAR LP doesn’t drop this year. So the EP should be around the corner.

KaRaKaKaShK said:I really hope that Crispy includes some form of saying the lines slowly, similarly to what he does at shows. It’d be a great way to get non-believers to understand exactly how ridiculous what he is doing is.

just need a vid with lyrics scrolling down… then people will understand

No joke, I can’t even remember the order he said anymore. What I posted earlier was what I remembered.. but I’m starting to think my mind’s making up memories.

No one has mentioned this so far, but to me, Tone seemed to be implying that Polymer would not be a physical release whatsoever. Something clever, original and digital-oriented, I suspect.

The only two things I remember as far as any date mentioned what-so-ever was the PAR FreeEP would be out in two months, and Hyperrealism out in 2012. Other than that, I don’t remember hearing any other “dates”.

I am looking forward to all of the above. Long time coming, Tone.

dirtiest song of all time = WIN

the delivery of the vocals and that beat were fucking awesome. that’s gonna be a track you can rock the fuck out (or fuck the fuck out) to. can’t wait!!

Kami said:No one has mentioned this so far, but to me, Tone seemed to be implying that Polymer would not be a physical release whatsoever. Something clever, original and digital-oriented, I suspect.

You remember what he said that gave that implication. There was a lot thrown at us. Might have missed it myself.

Yeah, I didn’t really catch anything like that either. Though I think if he’s making free (aka digital) EPs then the full records would be pressed up. idk

It was 5 a.m. in Denmark when I watched the live chat, so I am not really sure about a lot of the details. But if I remember correctly, Tone said something like: “It’s a really cool thing, something no one has done before as far as I know”, when he started talking about Polymer. I took it as he was referring to something regarding the way it is going to be released, but frankly, it could mean just about anything.

I think he was referring more to do with the production and style. Like I mentioned earlier, perhaps it’s going to be over a lot of electronic dubstep/drum & bass type shit with little-to-no samples relying heavily on synths. I’m not sure if there has ever been a full rap album like that before either.

You could very possible be right about that, it was just not how I interpreted it, when he said it. But I am not quite sure what [removed]if any) that made me think, he was referring to the way the album is constructed and not the actual content. I think he said something about Polymer not being a classic album and not a proper follow-up to Archetype but something new and special. Hopefully we will get the opportunity to watch the recorded version of the live chat..

Okay I’m super hyped for PAR and obviously craving CATM..

But Polymer is my most anticipated album right now. 100%. Over any other artists from other genres too. I have no doubts CATM will be a masterpiece.. but just in terms of casual style and preference, I want Tonedeff solo material more than anything.

We’ve seen his immense growth over the years. Archetype is still an album that shits on the vast majority of hip-hop music ever released, but Tone’s come so far since then he’s made it sound outdated. CKC showcased his progression since 2005 and it’s some scary shit. I think Kno nailed it on Archetexture when he said “The thing about Tone is he’s capable of stuff I haven’t even seen him do yet”.

Running with the theory that Polymer is going to have a lot of electronic based music, I can’t wait to see what he’s come up with. Hip-hop is only one of my music genres, so I love it when Tone experiments with other stuff because he always blends it effortlessly. I wanna see crazier and crazier Tonedeff songs influenced by all sorts of polarised styles and material. And the impression I get is that’s on the way.

To all those people getting sweaty about CATM, I suggest you start harassing him for info about this.

I think Timo just hit the nail on the head.

I can’t wait to hear Tone absolutely destroy some tracks…

I’ll be divulging more Polymer details this August.

Tonedeff said:I’ll be divulging more Polymer details this August.

Nice! Can’t Wait