close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Tonedeff :: The Official ‘POLYMER’ Discussion Thread ::

I cant wait for polymer, I hope theres a song on it called monomer for the shits and giggles.

Does this mean that Polymer will be the next release from Tony Rojas (Tonedeff & PAR) or are we just getting information about the album?

Just info. Next release is an unnamed Tonedeff EP.

I thought Polymer was the Tonedeff EP? maybe I am remembering the live stream incorrectly.

Nope. Polymer is a full length Tonedeff album. The EP is currently untitled.

That’s right. I forgot that for a minute. I was thinking the full length was the proper follow up to archetype, but that is the 3rd tonedeff project he announced.

Muuuhhahahahaha

snlgS.gif

Im so confused!

tone4.gif

I get a feeling this album is closer than we expect. we expect hyperrealism to drop then wait and wait for polymer but lets remember its essentially 2 different artists with PAR and Tonedeff so maybe we’ll get a one two punch combo with little waiting time between them.

theKOSMOS said:I get a feeling this album is closer than we expect. we expect hyperrealism to drop then wait and wait for polymer but lets remember its essentially 2 different artists with PAR and Tonedeff so maybe we’ll get a one two punch combo with little waiting time between them.

Or maybe they’ll be dropped on the same day…or maybe as a double album speakerboxx/love below type of thing.

That speakerboxx/love below idea has me thinking. On one hand Tonedeff already has a fan base which may help promote PAR but then again the whole point of creating the moniker PAR was because the name Tonedeff as a singer might throw people off and discourage them from giving him a chance. Of course I as a fan of both would love the double CD idea but as a promotional thing it probably wouldn’t work and it clashes with the whole point of creating the moniker PAR. The weird thing is I bet some music sites and magazines will still revert to saying “Peter Anthony Red AKA Tonedeff” defeating the purpose of the new name.

As confirmed in the Livestream:
-Polymer = 4 EPs that join together to form one album
-Each EP represents a different Tondeff style
-EPs 1-3 will be digital only
-EP 4 will join all the EPs and will be exclusively available as a Limited Edition physical release that will be up for preorder when EP 1 drops
-1st EP is called Gluton and will be released at the end of September
-Becky Cloonan did the cover art for each EP, and an additional cover art for the final Polymer LP

Glutton.. Perverted Tone?

Featuring the new snippet “I hear music every time I think of you” and ‘The dirtiest song ever’?

That was the first thing I thought of Epic.

I wonder what the release schedule for this will end up looking like. In the EP format it allows him to get them out quicker in theory.. so we could potentially see one drop each month? Fits with the idea of having Pre-orders so early too.

DID ANYBODY HEAR THAT BEATBOX HE JUST DID. DOPE!!!!!!

Epic Aesthetic said:I wonder what the release schedule for this will end up looking like. In the EP format it allows him to get them out quicker in theory.. so we could potentially see one drop each month? Fits with the idea of having Pre-orders so early too.

That’s what I was thinking since preorders are already going up next month, which would put the full album out in December. I won’t be holding my breath though.

Damn, im so excited for this. Any idea on how many songs each ep will have?

I think he said it was 5 but cant remember.

Definitely hyped up for this now especially after that snippet that shit was crazy.

I love naked lady covers Smile

I hate to be Buzzkillington but I doubt the full length will be done by December, and this talk of an EP each month, did he say that? I know he said the first EP will be at the end of September and that it’s 80% done. I honestly don’t think we’ll see that first EP (Glutton) until Christmas earliest and I don’t think it will be an EP each month, more likely an EP every 4 months if we’re lucky. And the Final Polymer EP will be done by next Christmas 2013. This way he’s releasing music all year and no one can complain. Let’s be realistic. The whole point of breaking it up like that is because he knows it would take time to release a full length. If he could get all four EPs completed by December, there’d be no need to dole it out in parts. So expect quite some time between EPs.

Numonic said:I hate to be Buzzkillington but I doubt the full length will be done by December, and this talk of an EP each month, did he say that? I know he said the first EP will be at the end of September and that it’s 80% done. I honestly don’t think we’ll see that first EP (Glutton) until Christmas earliest and I don’t think it will be an EP each month, more likely an EP every 4 months if we’re lucky. And the Final Polymer EP will be done by next Christmas 2013. This way he’s releasing music all year and no one can complain. Let’s be realistic. The whole point of breaking it up like that is because he knows it would take time to release a full length. If he could get all four EPs completed by December, there’d be no need to dole it out in parts. So expect quite some time between EPs.

He never said anything about releasing one a month, I was just speculating. I think it’s a bit harsh to write him off so swiftly though. My guess was that because he’s doing pre-orders right away.. it’s almost an incentive for him to finish it. I don’t really see us pre-ordering an album a year in advance. That said, it might very well run into 2013.. and the occasional delay is always possible (In true baby blue fashion Wink ) - this is independent music at it’s finest, after all.

I guess part of me is hoping the whole thing gets finished before Christmas because I don’t wanna play out each part too much before we get the whole thing. New tonedeff music is kinda hard not to overplay (although tbh I’m still rinsing Archetype 7 years later).

An EP once a month, that’s some wild speculating. And i don’t recall him saying anything about a preorder when the first EP drops, I think he said after the third one drops or at least that would make more sense. I wouldn’t call it baby blue fashion to have a project pushed back from it’s original release date, that happens with every artist. Trust me though expect Glutton in January 2013. Also expect about 4 months between EPs. Yeah you don’t want to play each EP out but I think the choice Tone had was either do a full LP where the fans would have to wait at least another year with no new Tonedeff music or release the LP in increments and Tone chose the latter. So be happy that you can play out some Tonedeff music, it’s better than having none for the next year.

Numonic said:An EP once a month, that’s some wild speculating. And i don’t recall him saying anything about a preorder when the first EP drops, I think he said after the third one drops or at least that would make more sense.

You’re right. He didn’t say preorders where when the first EP drops. He mentioned preorders because someone asked the question but never said when. Anyway I cant wait for the first EP to drop. I think he’ll release it by the end of the year. He better if this mayan prophecy ish is right…lol

he definitely said that preorders would be up at the release of Glutton and that it would be at the end of September

The exact words : “The physical editions will be made available for pre-order, the final collected edition of four EPs will be available for pre-order at the end of September, with the release of the first EP from Polymer. The first EP is called ‘Glutton’. ”

He also said there would ba autographed physical copies for pre-order. Wahoo!

Yeah, he definitely said Pre-orders available with the release of the first EP. With that said, one EP a month with the pre-order shipping out in December could be a real possibility. We know from their track record that once the pre-orders come out, that the physical will be released sometime over the next few months. I couldn’t see Tone taking pre-orders and then not releasing the physical a full year later.

Also, I thought he said the entire project was about 80% done, not just the first EP. He mentioned he has most of the songs recorded, and just mixing is left.