close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Tonedeff :: The Official ‘POLYMER’ Discussion Thread ::

Yeah my question was the latter.. I mean the former is fairly obvious. Just making sure both are autographed.

I’m not sure about that either, think Tone will need to shed some light. On the Polymorph package there’s no notation to suggest that the CD is signed as opposed to the Vinyl.

In which case I’ll probably order the standard version as well..

Dekorum said:Yeah my question was the latter.. I mean the former is fairly obvious. Just making sure both are autographed.

Yeah I realised that after I wrote my answer haha.

My guess would be they’ll both be autographed but it wouldn’t hurt to have some confirmation.

Yeah, the confirmation is definitely a need before I order. In the case that ONLY the vinyl is autographed in the polymorph package, then I would ONLY order the standard version (having to order both is insane) to get an autographed CD since I would like to have that.

Both CD & Vinyl will be autographed on the Polymorph editions.

Sweet thanks! I kinda figured that he would’ve signed all the CDs to not have to worry which ones needed to go in the standard package vs Polymorph package.

Me too. Nice to get some confirmation though, since it wasn’t explicitly stated.

So maybe we’ll be getting a 2nd ep announcement soon? If things are still on schedule it should be dropping at the end of may.

Just wondered actually.. Since each EP is supposed to show a different side of Tone, what sides do we have left? Glutton was the ‘Pervert’ Tone, of course, so what abo the others. If I had to boil Tone discog down to 4 main cathegories, it’d be Pervert, Velocity, Porcelain/Loyal, and a last one I can’t single out.
Not counting singing stuff, since I don’t think there would be an entire EP with singing on Polymer.

Any way, with Glutton flipping the whole Pervert-Tone ‘persona’ so well and interesting, I look very much forward to the other EP’s. Any word on whether Crispy is still supposed to be on the project?

Last I heard crispy is still on it.

JTX said:Last I heard crispy is still on it.

“Crispy” is 100% on Polymer. (Albeit a modified production of it).

Quick update, I was supposed to meet up with Becky to discuss the next EP’s artwork, but she got hella sick while visiting NYC. On that note, I’m hoping to announce the title shortly and show y’all the artwork in June. (Amongst other stuff - tee-hee).

That sounds like a late June-ish release. I’m really looking forward to hearing Crispy studio version instead of a YouTube live version.

Amongst other stuff - tee-hee

Exciting.

Tonedeff said:

JTX said:Last I heard crispy is still on it.

“Crispy” is 100% on Polymer. (Albeit a modified production of it).

Quick update, I was supposed to meet up with Becky to discuss the next EP’s artwork, but she got hella sick while visiting NYC. On that note, I’m hoping to announce the title shortly and show y’all the artwork in June. (Amongst other stuff - tee-hee).

polymer.jpg

Porsborg said:I’m really looking forward to hearing Crispy studio version instead of a YouTube live version.

Me too. It’s about 3X faster, so alot of the complexity of what I’m doing rhythmically and lyrically get lost in a live setting(especially the first verse). Live it tends to sound like a blur, so I’m eager for folks to hear all the fine details in “Crispy” so that I can finally supplant the YouTube reign of “Velocity” once and for all.

NICE! Awesome updates! I cannot wait for the next EP! Pack FM EP in May and a Tonedeff EP in June… this summer is going to be amazing for qn5…

I hope the other stuff is hyperrealism related. Still my most anticipated tone/qn5 project. Can’t get enough of water and what part of forever. From the sound of it it has the potential to be tone’s best album yet.

Tonedeff said:I’m eager for folks to hear all the fine details in “Crispy” so that I can finally supplant the YouTube reign of “Velocity” once and for all.

I can’t wait to read the weird lyrics people think they heard for “Crispy”!

JLee said:

Tonedeff said:I’m eager for folks to hear all the fine details in “Crispy” so that I can finally supplant the YouTube reign of “Velocity” once and for all.

I can’t wait to read the weird lyrics people think they heard for “Crispy”!

I can’t wait to just see the lyrics written down - the amount of text will be massive. Which brings me to another question: How long will this track be?

254 words! but only THIRTY-FOUR SECONDS!!!!1

(who cares!?!??)

worm9103 said:254 words! but only THIRTY-FOUR SECONDS!!!!1

(who cares!?!??)

People who can’t talk that fast

I was referring to the ‘how long will this track be’ question

ARGH!! June is almost over….I’m itching for some more info…I need my fix…

Tone put the crispy snippet (live version) on his facebook a couple weeks ago, perhaps a sign that it’ll be on the next ep? Really hope so.

JTX said:Tone put the crispy snippet (live version) on his facebook a couple weeks ago, perhaps a sign that it’ll be on the next ep? Really hope so.

Wink

So…tonedeff said on twitter that the final polymer album will have all of the songs in a different order rather than the order they’re in on the eps. Kind of surprised by that tbh, because that means that the final ep will be scattered throughout the album, losing it’s identity. He said that the final ep would only be available in the final edition so that rules out releasing the final ep digitally on its own (I think). I’m sure there’s something he has planned to make it make more sense though. It would be awesome if the polymorph edition included physical copies of each ep so they each have their own artwork, and then a final album disc, but I doubt that’ll happen.

^ I actually suspected this might be the case when he first mentioned the fourth EP would only be available on the physical version. I guess it will be the “glue” that holds everything together. Pretty neat, and definitely something I haven’t seen before.

I was actually wondering the same thing. I’d love to have all of the physical copies but am not sure if they’ll be released with Polymer. I know he said that physicals of Glutton will be available at the Megashow.

JTX said:So…tonedeff said on twitter that the final polymer album will have all of the songs in a different order rather than the order they’re in on the eps. Kind of surprised by that tbh, because that means that the final ep will be scattered throughout the album, losing it’s identity.

The QN5 OPEN5OURCE: POLYMORPH Data Disc will contain acapellas, Instrumentals AND digital versions of each EP collected into separate folders, so you can experience each EP on it’s own.

deStructuralized said:I guess it will be the “glue” that holds everything together. Pretty neat, and definitely something I haven’t seen before.

EP (4/4) will glue the other 3 together AND operate on it’s own - much in the same way the other EPs operate on their own. This is no small feat - multiplied x 4. But remember, POLYMER in itself is a singular album - hence the re-arranged tracklisting on the final disc. It’s necessary to do. This will become clearer when you hear it all together.

JTX said:It would be awesome if the polymorph edition included physical copies of each ep so they each have their own artwork, and then a final album disc, but I doubt that’ll happen.

The contents of the Polymorph Edition are clearly listed on the pre-order page and is priced for it’s current configuration of 2 CDs, 2 DVDs and 2X Vinyl, T-Shirt, Book & Sticker. Digital versions are included of all 4 EPs. Adding 3 more discs is out of budget for what’s already been sold.

caracicatriz said:I was actually wondering the same thing. I’d love to have all of the physical copies but am not sure if they’ll be released with Polymer.

The only way we could include physical copies of the individual EPs is to create an entirely new/mid-level tier edition priced between the Polymer/Polymorph editions (ie. a POLYDISC edition?). Granted, we’d have reservations that it may prove even more confusing. Too many options can be overwhelming & discouraging. But, if this is something enough people want, we’re open to the idea.

VOTE HERE: http://qn5.com/discuss/viewthread/17723/

QN5 said:

JTX said:So…tonedeff said on twitter that the final polymer album will have all of the songs in a different order rather than the order they’re in on the eps. Kind of surprised by that tbh, because that means that the final ep will be scattered throughout the album, losing it’s identity.

The QN5 OPEN5OURCE: POLYMORPH Data Disc will contain acapellas, Instrumentals AND digital versions of each EP collected into separate folders, so you can experience each EP on it’s own.

The only way we could include physical copies of the individual EPs is to create an entirely new/mid-level tier edition priced between the Polymer/Polymorph editions (ie. a POLYDISC edition?). Granted, we’d have reservations that it may prove even more confusing. Too many options can be overwhelming & discouraging. But, if this is something enough people want, we’re open to the idea.

Glad to hear that the data disc will have all of the eps on it. I know it’s not very likely to happen, but if there was a polydisc edition I would definitely get that as well.

JTX said:Glad to hear that the data disc will have all of the eps on it. I know it’s not very likely to happen, but if there was a polydisc edition I would definitely get that as well.

VOTE HERE: http://qn5.com/discuss/viewthread/17723/