close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Tonedeff :: The Official ‘POLYMER’ Discussion Thread ::

I absolutely fucking love it.

NOVA. FUCKING. NORWAY.

Holy shit, when was the last time you posted? Hope you’re doing well. 2009 I think is last time we spoke. Hope all is well.

i mentioned in my intro post that i havent been checkin in on qn5 in years, which has mostly been unfortunate for my ear drums, but the treasure trove of shit i missed that im currently obtaining for myself is pretty wild. bout to bump this.

hard to resist live-forum-ing. suffice to say this is blowing my mind. i guess a decade of change and development will do that haha. gonna keep it simple: THANK YOU TONE

warmupsweats said:hard to resist live-forum-ing. suffice to say this is blowing my mind. i guess a decade of change and development will do that haha. gonna keep it simple: THANK YOU TONE

Ayyyyyyyyyy!! So glad you’re enjoying the new record.
And yeah, 10 years worth of releases will keep you busy for a bit ahah.
Welcome back.

So, have we ever settled on whether Polymer is a sequel to Archetype? Not just the next album, but a second part of the story. (Of course any project by an artist is going to touch on similar themes and stuff, but I think this might be much, much more than that).

I listened back to back the other day and was struck at the fucked up journey from Gathered’s ‘you don’t have to be afraid anymore’ to the start of Polymer with us being ‘Forever captive of your fears.’ We go from: ‘Curious and blind/Fear of what I can’t see’ to the start of Polymer being precisely ‘The things you don’t see coming.’

Ill-formed thoughts (like always):
On Gathered, he ‘gathered himself just to prove that he’s not afraid anymore’. I never really heard this line as contradictory until listening to Polymer…But, that’s kinda a bunk reason to gather yourself, right? You try to do something just to prove you can try it. I always took Gathered at face value (stupid me), but now I’m thinking it was a false bravery telling himself and whoever is with him that we don’t have to be afraid anymore. And those cavernous voices at the end of Gathered are precisely ‘Those warnings that you never hear, till the glass explodes.’ Either way: I’m getting a much darker listening experience of Archetype than I ever did previously because of Polymer. It is like that was the trial (‘Case Closed’) and Polymer is the result of the (unjust) guilty verdict.

Add: Polymer is a fucking album. Amazing on every listen.

I feel like Polymer is a response to Archetype from an older, wiser artist. We go from “Change is good” to “don’t ever change.” Reminds me of a quote from Muhammad Ali “The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”

Revision said:So, have we ever settled on whether Polymer is a sequel to Archetype?

polyarch.png

Wink

QN5 said:

Revision said:So, have we ever settled on whether Polymer is a sequel to Archetype?

polyarch.png

Wink

Ahhhhhhhh…so the parental advisory stickers are in the same place. It all comes together!