close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Tonedeff :: ‘Hyperrealism’ Anticipation Thread ::

That got me pumped, that pic. My #1 most anticipated release for this year, with Polymer and SJV3 coming in at a close #2

Porsborg said:That got me pumped, that pic. My #1 most anticipated release for this year, with Polymer and SJV3 coming in at a close #2

Hyperrealism is still my number one as well. Hopefully we’ll get some new updates on it pretty soon. Surely it’s already done or damn near close to it if he was close to finishing at the end of last year. I need this album in my life Smile what has me so excited is that he said the album’s very similar in tone to what part of forever. I loooooove that cover so much, and water is really great as well. Can’t wait to hear that studio version of water.

Right now, Hyperrealism is on standby. The Projectionist didn’t really create the buzz that Tone was hoping for, so he is holding it back till he is able to promote it better. It will still come out eventually, but right now Tonedeff music is number 1 priority.

Ultimately I’m glad he’s put Tonedeff stuff first, but Hyperrealism is still very important to me. The projectionist was absolutely amazing, it’s a real shame it didn’t make more noise.

I agree. I think the best thing for him right now is to focus on one thing at the time.

I was definitely bummed to hear that the projectionist didn’t get a buzz going. Whenever Hyperrealism comes out I will be throwing money at it.

I’m really sad we won’t hear Hyperrealism sooner. I still listen to The Projectionist regularly and “Water” is amazing.
But the reasons for its delay is totally understandable.

Damn, this was disappointing, I would be willing to try and help promoting it, on other forums (where I know it would be appreciated), Facebook, Twitter Tec, as I am sure brother people here would be willing to do also. Music like this is too good and Tone is too talented to let it sit in an archive.

So I’ve been listening to The Projectionist EP a lot as of late and I must say that whenever this is released, It will be interesting to hear how he builds upon what he did on the EP. Spiral is one of my favorite songs of all time and I can only imagine that if Tone released music of that caliber for free than Hyperrealism will be even better. Whats great about all of the new stuff that Tone is releasing (Polymer, CATM & Hyperrealism) is that I honestly don’t know which I’m anticipating the most. At this point I’m just going off the element of surprise. Hopefully this album will be taken off of the back burner soon because the PAR stuff is incredible.

Polymer, Hyperrealism, and catm are easily my most anticipated albums of all time. Should turn out to be a beyond epic run of releases, plus the efamm album and whatever else he has planned. I love how the albums are incredibly different from each other too (at least it seems that way right now)

Nobody can do what Tonedeff can do. Hes the pinnacle of music plain and simple. Well in my opinion anyway

I must say that I’ve been listening to The Projectionist a lot as of late and my anticipation for this album continues to raise. Spiral is seriously my favorite Tonedeff song (along with Demon) and I can’t imagine how hes going to top this EP with Hyperrealism.

The Phantom tracks have completely shaken what I expected from Hyperrealism. It intrigues me to think of how this will differ and what might be similar.

Apparently they just shot the cover for this. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a digital only release, at least at first, after what he put himself through on Polymer.

Can’t wait for the HyperOptics DVD extra included in the standard order.

... too soon?

Peter Anthony Red said:I talk about current on-goings over here: http://qn5.com/discuss/viewthread/17980/

Don’t mind that thread. I clearly hadn’t foreseen the illnesses and mountain of stress that was about to befall me with finishing the documentary. haha

Epic Aesthetic said:The Phantom tracks have completely shaken what I expected from Hyperrealism. It intrigues me to think of how this will differ and what might be similar.

Phantom was definitely a breakthrough for me, production wise… but I’ve been busy producing stuff for Lucy & Fjer behind the scenes as well, and honestly, I feel like I’ve gotten better since. Smile

The sonic direction of this album has pivoted plenty - originally it was going to be an all-piano record, which I’m not really in the headspace for anymore. It’s become something far more eclectic and beat-driven, but still very much keeping an emotional core. I’m looking forward to sharing more details as I begin to finish up mixes and whatnot. I’m still a ways away from finishing, but I’m hoping to drop a single or two this year (No, forreal this time - I wanna be part of this new Quintic wave).

JTX said:Apparently they just shot the cover for this.

I can confirm that the cover was shot by Chad “The Wizard” Griffith. There is another step to the cover process (involving another artist) that you’ll see when it’s done, but I’m super excited about.

JTX said:Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a digital only release, at least at first, after what he put himself through on Polymer.

It will definitely be a stripped down release. Maybe NOT digital only…
I MIGHT do a physical release, but no commitment.
But, honestly, the cover is just too beautiful not too. Wink

Either way, I’m never doing anything as elaborate as Polymer again.
Even though I’m ridiculously proud of the achievement of it all, it took a massive toll on my physical and mental health.

Porsborg said:Can’t wait for the HyperOptics DVD extra included in the standard order.

... too soon?

Hahaha NoooooooOoooooooooooooooOooooooooooooooooooo

Thank you for the update! I’m excited about the future of Quintic and I really hope you are able to build momentum with the forthcoming string of releases.

Can we expect any new artists being added to the roster in the near-future? I mean, I can think of a few obvious ones that I’d love to see officially on board Wink

It sounds like Quintic will be reaching a hectic zenith.

COUGH COUGH COUGH PLEASE COUGH COUGH COUGH

I can’t wait for this album. Definitely my most anticipated release from Tone as of right now.