close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

PackFM :: ‘The Human Highlight Reel’ Anticipation Thread ::

I haven’t heard much about it. Nobody is really talking about it, but I am seriously pumped. If Pack’s last two albums and Want What’s Mine are any indication, it’s gonna be incredible (pretty much what I expect from Pack)

So excited for this as well. I’ve been bumping IFHR and Want What’s Mine a lot recently, and that coupled with the Podcast has me really stoked for this one.

I’m really excited for this. I still bump IFHR at least once a week and Want What’s Mine is currently the number one most played song on my Ipod.

I want to shed light on the new album, but its not time to make that announcement yet.
Sucks keeping yall in limbo and being so cryptic, but I wanna do things a certain way with this one
all i can say is this, just remember that whenever QN5 does something, everybody else does it 1 year later.

This is what has me excited about it. QN5 artists’ passion for their craft and attention to detail is what makes their albums such quality work. Can’t wait to see what Pack brings to the table this time around.

Here we go:

First, the album is going to be recorded LIVE! - what’s that mean? It’s going to be PERFORMED ON STAGE as it’s being recorded.

Second, all of the music is going to be played by Dujeous - a live band that has performed with different QN5 artists in the past. So, Pack is going to be performing with a live band - and it’s going to be recorded just like that.

Third, there will be a Blu-Ray/DVD of some Behind The Scenes in making the album. Not sure if that will include the performance in which the album is recorded or not.. but I think it’s possible.

Fourth, http://qn5.com/discuss/viewthread/17256/

Holy crap this sounds amazing.Live band? Live vocals?! woah

Wow, that’s idea with live record sounds great!
But last solo?? Sad

So it will be kinda like an ‘Unplugged’ album? That’s pretty cool.

It’s really sucks that it’s his last solo album though - but if that’s what he feels the need to do then so be it.

I hope it’s not because he’s moving down-under haha

This sounds super awesome ! Can’t wait !
Did he say how long it’ll take and when will it be more likely to get released ? ( like late 2013/2014 ? )

Ok so.. when/where’s this gonna be done and how do we get tickets? Very Happy

Pretty cool concept. I’m assuming we won’t know any of the songs until we first hear them on stage, as they’re being recorded. Will be interesting to see how Pack pulls it off.

I say record it at MEGASHOW ‘13!

^That’d be awesome, I’d HAVE to go to that

jinx8402 said:I say record it at MEGASHOW ‘13!

The recorded live concept is really special. Part of me is hoping it’s packaged with a DVD (or digital copy) of the show, too. It’d be dope if the show is a listening party, of sorts, and recorded that night. Only concern is how long post-production would take to get the album done after the performance. (And low-quality videos on YouTube.)

Amen said:The recorded live concept is really special. Part of me is hoping it’s packaged with a DVD (or digital copy) of the show, too.

I missed his livestream but I think he said it would come with a dvd.
Also he said it during this interview :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQxP2bCTWk8&feature=player_detailpage#t=314s

Excited for this!

Dope ass concept for sure.

Supahbuldozer said:

Amen said:The recorded live concept is really special. Part of me is hoping it’s packaged with a DVD (or digital copy) of the show, too.

I missed his livestream but I think he said it would come with a dvd.
Also he said it during this interview :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQxP2bCTWk8&feature=player_detailpage#t=314s

Booya! Yeah, I saw the interview and completely forgot that. The whole time I was typing it, I was thinking there’s no way they haven’t thought of that. I mean, this is the guy that gave us a magnetic dart board.

I say this at the risk of saying shit that was repeated seeing as I skimmed this thread. When that video revealed that “Here We Go” was recorded live I immediately had listen to the song. If this wasn’t revealed I would have never recognized it otherwise. I’m excited to see what The Human Highlight Reel has to offer. Perhaps a song called schizophrenia ft. Mack Bitches???????

Can’t wait

amped for this on so many levels wonder if this will be release b4 natti solo, etc

Its seems from Deacon’s instagram that the Natti solo has been basically all recorded and is just in mixing and mastering stages? On the contrary, Pack obviously hasn’t recorded yet and is probably in a big picture/preliminary writing stage, so I’m expecting Natti to drop first.

Went back to listening to FMv4 a bit this week. It’s gonna be sad when Pack stops rapping. Patiently waiting for whenever this project drops. Feels like we haven’t heard about it for a while unless it’s been mentioned on TACM - which I don’t listen to as often as I should - then woops.

JLee said:Went back to listening to FMv4 a bit this week. It’s gonna be sad when Pack stops rapping. Patiently waiting for whenever this project drops. Feels like we haven’t heard about it for a while unless it’s been mentioned on TACM - which I don’t listen to as often as I should - then woops.

Nah, he’s been pretty quiet about The Human Highlight Reel. There’s much more focus and mentioning about Speaker King, which is expected to release in about a month and a half, btw.

Ya know, since he’s gonna put out the Speaker King EP so quickly and stuff, I guess it’ll just be a digital release. I don’t think he’s really said if there will be a physical or not.. but if not, it’d be cool to include a copy in a deluxe edition of THHR or something.

I’m so ready for Speaker King. I’ve been itchin for some new pack. His feature on Jackin Jill was dope, but I need more then that Smile

so pumped for speaker king, as well as the 4.60 ep

I just now had a thought - since the album is gonna be of the unique one take live performance sort, that must mean that any guest spots will also have to perform this way. That’s pretty awesome!
Would that be a problem in some way though, maybe with someone not being great live etc?

Porsborg said:I just now had a thought - since the album is gonna be of the unique one take live performance sort, that must mean that any guest spots will also have to perform this way. That’s pretty awesome!
Would that be a problem in some way though, maybe with someone not being great live etc?

I think pretty much everyone Pack and the rest of QN5 has worked with are good live performers, because they’re all like-minded artists who realize the importance of putting on a good stage show.

This album is going to be probably a highlight of my music listening career. To anybody out there who says “everything in hip-hops been done” hasn’t come across the unique minds in the QN5 camp. Highly anticipated.

^ Agreed. Wherever this live recording of the album takes place I plan on being there.

Looks like Pack had procrastinated long enough on this project, so Action Bronson decided to use the title for his.

Looks like this is alive. A video on Pack’s Instagram with the words “Hiphop’s Human Highlight Reel” and the details of a June 16 show was posted two hours ago.

Cannot wait for new Pack!!