close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

PackFM Past Track Appreciation

In anticipation for the new album and the birthday bash (6/11/77, the birth of our idol), I thought we could go back to some old tracks that maybe we haven’t thought about in a while. Personally, I’ve spent the last two weeks bumping Token Love Song off whutduzFMstand4? and Great God off Asterisk: 4. What about you guys?

I’ve actually been bumping Backpack again for the last week. It’s still my favorite pre-whutduzFMstand4? PackFM song.

Kilt It is soooo raw.

Haven’t listened to I Can’t Win in a while, gotta catch up with that classic again.

Plucking Daisies is a personal favorite. And his verse on “Arrogant” is classic. “Damn, even when I’m mumbling I’m nicer than you.”

“Doc Evil”.

Title track whutduzfmstand4?

Cthulhu4Pres said: and Great God off Asterisk: 4.

God damn…I always loved this song but just rediscovered it. I suspect I will be getting my mind blown regularly by old PackFM tracks for years to come. ‘Great God’ will now be played on repeat for the rest of the workday.

I was listening to Pack’s verse on “That’s What Happens” again the other day and goddamn does he tear it to pieces. I really enjoy Tone’s verse too (“When I leave people speechless how will I get word of mouth?”), but I actually think this might be one of/the only tracks I’ve heard someone straight outshine him on.

Everytime i go for the PackFM playlist, i kick it off with “Wanna Know”.

Kno killing the beat as always, Deacon killing the hook as always, Pack ripping the mic as always… What can i say, shit just breathes QN5.

Hell yeah. Nasty->Wanna Know is one of my favorite 1-2 punches on any album.

With all the Back to the Future bs yesterday, figured I need to bump Flux Capacitor on the drive home today. Packs flow is dope on that song, elongating the rhyming words longer than usual. Dope. “I’ll be right here in my delorean with the doors up. Holla.” always cracks me up.

I would say Plucking Daisies or Token Love Song would be my favorites to go back and listen to as of right now. Although, I Fucking Hate Rappers is still one of my favorite songs of all time. Pack rips that song to shreds and that beat from Tonedeff fits the mood of the track perfectly. I think that song might have been the cause of my speakers on my last laptop finally blowing out (that’s a compliment).

Revision said:With all the Back to the Future bs yesterday, figured I need to bump Flux Capacitor on the drive home today. Packs flow is dope on that song, elongating the rhyming words longer than usual. Dope. “I’ll be right here in my delorean with the doors up. Holla.” always cracks me up.

Yeah. Flux Capacitor was instantly one of my favorite pack songs. Listening to it right now just off this thread and your comment.

and IFHR is classic BTW! I suggest everybody listen to it right now. Smile

Deacon The Villain said:and IFHR is classic BTW! I suggest everybody listen to it right now. Smile

Pack provided our New Year’s soundtrack this year and the Tough Talk with Poison Pen is just a great track for partying. Love it.

Speaking of New Year’s.. remember the Preview/Review tracks? The parody/preview one was pretty funny. I miss Pack making new music.

houstonz said:Speaking of New Year’s.. remember the Preview/Review tracks? The parody/preview one was pretty funny. I miss Pack making new music.

Loved those. Such a tangible buzz around QN5 in that era, the start to every year was so exciting.

So, on Want What’s Mine, Pack has the lyrics: “Taking planes to the strangest places
Passport’s so full, gotta staple pages” And when I first heard that, I said: OK-that’s gonna be a life goal. Gonna have to staple pages in my passport.

And I got there and accomplished the feat. It took some time and I slept in a lot of shitty places, but I got half a page left, so I contacted the embassy just to get the new pages and they told me they don’t do that anymore and I just need to get a new passport. Not the biggest deal, and I guess the new Lucy Camp is helping, but it kinda ruined my day.

Anyway: Want What’s Mine is still a dope Pack track even if the U.S. government wants to mess with his lyrics.