close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Tonedeff :: ‘The Projectionist’ Discussion Thread ::

when i first heard of this i seriously thought it was a seperate mystery person just on qn5.. Then listening to the podcast and jumping on here, i found out it’s tone. I’m not saying im dissapointed, cause i truly have no doubt from listening to water that this ep will be amazing!

I just really wished that we didnt know who it was! lol just a cool concept in my mind..

So looking like no ep this week? Sad hopefully Tuesday

Feeling well enough to finish up work on this project. Talk soon.

QN5 said:Feeling well enough to finish up work on this project. Talk soon.

yay yayeeee

Bought! Listening!

This is beautiful.

I’ve never paid for mp3s, but this is going to be the first. There’s no plans to release this on CD, right? You’ve earned my money regardless.

Currently on first play through. Loving everything I’m hearing. Also…

Peter Anthony Red makes his recorded debut with the release of ‘The Projectionist’ - a sweeping conceptual EP which follows a short, yet powerful narrative of a forgotten man working through the emotional roller coaster of a breakdown and subsequent search for personal reinvention.

Something tells me this EP is going to strike a chord or two the more I delve into it.

Just bought, listening now!

So great to hear new music from Tone, in any form.

dope. i know Tone is a big M83 fan and cited Enya as an influence in the past but I don’t think i ever really heard it until now. to me this sounds like a cool/weird hybrid of m83 and new agey celtic music (especially “Stones”) with tone vocals.

though i have to admit, my favorite is the only one that kinda doesn’t fit that description as much, “Spiral”

This is beautiful music. That’s really the only way to put it

Damn. Spiral is tripping me out…

is there another download link other then bandcamp. It never works for me everytime i go to buy now its hmm that shouldnt of happen try refreshing. Damnnnnn

Aw man. I’m gonna stop listening for today. The EP is amazing. I’ll be posting a reddit link here at 9/8pm central. Get your accounts ready!

I couldn’t listen to it as loud as I would’ve liked (at work), so I just put it on quiet and read with the lyrics. Absolutely beautiful. Excited to hear more from PAR.

Upvote and comment here: http://www.reddit.com/r/listentothis/comments/vnsd1/peter_anthony_red_the_projectionist/

edit: submission was killed by bot, one sec
edit2: wow now reddit blocked me from posting that link. apparently they blocked the original because “singer/songwriter” is not a valid genre. fuck it

Any physical copies?

I’m on my first listen, halfway through Spiral, and I needed to come to the forum immediately to say that we all love you Tone. Lyrically, knowing how brutally honest this is coming from you, I think I speak for all Blue Schoolers when I say that we’re all proud of you for doing this. This may be a “concept album” but the raw emotion from this is pure.

I’m sure the people that are used to you being Tonedeff won’t understand this as being completely unadulterated musically, but as someone that has been listening to you since I was 14 (wow, I’m just realizing that it’s been 10 years since I became a Tonedeff fan) this kind of music out of you is something truly amazing. You’ve always had songs that have glistened some kind of overt emotion about who Tony is (Porcelain, The Distance, etc.,) but this EP really makes me happy just knowing that you’re putting it all out there.

</man hug>

dwilli said:I’m on my first listen, halfway through Spiral, and I needed to come to the forum immediately to say that we all love you Tone. Lyrically, knowing how brutally honest this is coming from you, I think I speak for all Blue Schoolers when I say that we’re all proud of you for doing this. This may be a “concept album” but the raw emotion from this is pure.

I’m sure the people that are used to you being Tonedeff won’t understand this as being completely unadulterated musically, but as someone that has been listening to you since I was 14 (wow, I’m just realizing that it’s been 10 years since I became a Tonedeff fan) this kind of music out of you is something truly amazing. You’ve always had songs that have glistened some kind of overt emotion about who Tony is (Porcelain, The Distance, etc.,) but this EP really makes me happy just knowing that you’re putting it all out there.

</man hug>

Ugh, I was about to write that first paragraph, almost verbatim.

Brought this and download it before going to work, Had it on repeat most of the day, This was mind blowing cant wait for Hyperrealism.

Damn. This is epic Tone. Congrats man, you deserve every bit of praise this EP will bring you and then some. Listening to the first half made me feel so damn bad for you. I know we only get a glimpse into everything going on in there, but I can’t help but relate this story to how you must feel about yourself and your music, and that honestly made me feel real uneasy. But then Climb. Wow. You got this man, this is your moment. Enjoy it, and remember this is just the first of many more steps up that climb.

Once again congratulations man, and thank you.

Never Enough leading into Spiral is so good…

To be honest, I was never really into Tonedeff’s singing, but this is a very pleasant surprise. His singing has improved alot, and along with the flawless production, I’m really enjoying this EP.

My god.

The lyrics, harmonies, layering, and the music/instrumentation its all been placed over are just.. whoa.. I didn’t know what to expect from this project, but it came out perfect.

edit: I was kinda hesitant in getting this emo on the boards.. but fuck it, here it goes. Say what you will, or won’t.

dwilli said:I’m on my first listen, halfway through Spiral, and I needed to come to the forum immediately to say that we all love you Tone. Lyrically, knowing how brutally honest this is coming from you, I think I speak for all Blue Schoolers when I say that we’re all proud of you for doing this. This may be a “concept album” but the raw emotion from this is pure.

Exactly, man. And honestly, in regards to “Never Enough” and the first half or so of “Spiral,” it’s saddening seeing this side of Tone and knowing that the injustices of the world have this type of impact on people. I wouldn’t dare say his experiences affect us listeners the same as they do him.. but I can feel the pain in his words. Not just recognize it, but feel it. That’s pretty damn rare and quite an accomplishment (I think).

But you know.. we’ve all gotta have hope for ourselves and the world we live in, because sitting around all depressed is just not a good way to live (though we don’t exactly give a fuck or want to live when we’re depressed). So, I guess what I’m really trying to say is keep it up, Tone. This music is beautiful.

/emo ass mufucka post

I don’t really have anything more to add to what has been said above.
Amazing EP, beautiful songs, you can really feel the emotions put into it.

I’ve been listening to it non-stop since yesterday and can’t seem to get sick of it.

YES. everything that everyone has said. the progression, the intensity, the raw emotion, the self harmonies, the sweeping strings….beautiful. Spiral is definitely amazing the first time i heard it i literally said out loud to myself oh my god…i cant believe he did that. incredible achievement, tone. bravo.

The entire thing is some unbelievable, next-level stuff, but Never Enough then Spiral is just…my God.

I’ve been a bit disconnected from all this recently, so dl’ing and listening not quite knowing what to expect made it even better.

I’m 2 listens deep so they’ll be more comments to come…

but Spiral? Are you fucking kidding me?? I’ve always been a fan of the 1 sung song per CD, but this is craaazzzyyyy.

This is epic music. “Never Enough” starts of so epic as does “Climb”. I think i remember Tone saying that he wouldn’t be performing these songs live but I think it would be awesome if he did and you know how he created that song on the LiveStream video one layer at a time (can’t remember if that was a newly created song or if that was a song that is on this EP), that would be awesome to see for this EP live. Do it Anthony, i promise it would be an epic live show.

This struck an incredible amount of chords for me. I want to sincerely thank you for this beautiful music. So much reflection and self growth. This whole EP is the soundtrack to my insane transformation over the last 2 years. First time I listened with the lyrics I couldn’t help but tear up.