close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Deacon The Villain :: Official ‘Peace or Power’ [LP] Appreciation Thread ::

On the internet, nothing can hide:

Deacon The Villain ‏@deacthevillain said:
ha! @Mo_Fuego LOL. On the low though. Just started making beats towards a solo. #beanspill
Hide conversation Reply Retweet Favorite
4:06 PM - 4 Jun 12 via Twitter for Android · Details

when i read that yesterday i had the feeling he was joking. not sure why. Hope he’s not!

I hope this will be a priority for him. Man, after hearing Tragedy & Dope, i can’t wait for a solo.

Hope this true more Deacon improves life 100%.

Im not to familiar with deacons production I gotta get more hip to that side of him.

mattthegod said:Im not to familiar with deacons production I gotta get more hip to that side of him.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Do you not own Niggaz With Lattitude?

Also check out the project he did with JustMe - Tragedy and dope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUhXWYZ1AO4

binarystar89 said:

mattthegod said:Im not to familiar with deacons production I gotta get more hip to that side of him.

ive heard some stuff off it but not the whole thing

mattthegod said:

binarystar89 said:

ive heard some stuff off it but not the whole thing

BLASPHEMY

NWL will go down as the most slept on project within the QN5 catalog. That’s actually impressive in itself lol.

I think the Deacon solo album is definitely needed. I would like to hear him work with some different producers too.

I’m perfectly happy with him producing the whole thing himself. I love his beats (not to mention the hooks on his own beats).

I like his production on nwl just as much as kno’s tbh.

nwl to me is equal with machete vision from just a pure enjoyment perspective to me.

JTX said:I like his production on nwl just as much as kno’s tbh.

And don’t forget about T&D, Deacon seems to have the same consistency with dropping quality beats as Kno.

Deacon has such a clean production style. Like Tone said its dirty but its clean. QN5 has the best rappers and producers out at the moment. NWL is such an underrated QN5 album too.

I’d love a Deacon solo album but I’d want him to handle most of the production, NWL impressed the shit outta me not only from the lyrics but the production, i never knew how good Deacon is behind the boards but a beat or two from kno wouldn’t be bad at all also some features from Sheisty and pretty much the rest of the QN5 famm would be nice as well.

Also is there any news on Natti’s LP?

Even if Deac released the half-completed project from 2003 it would be the best thing that’s happened to music in months.

So I’ve been listening to NWL a lot more lately and its on par with Dirty Acres. I noticed that Deac and Sheisty sounded angry and aggressive on a lot of tracks as I said in another thread. They poured their heart and soul into this album and you can tell. We all know Deacon is a beast on the mic but Sheistys verses on here were a MAJOR improvement from his verse on Gun. They both showed so much emotion and aggression I love it start to finish. The production on here held its own against the production that Kno usually does without a doubt. If anything I want Deacons solo album to be like this. And some qn5 features would be nice as well. Maybe a beat or 2 from Kno and 1 from Kokayi. Maybe even 1 from Tonedeff as well I’d like to hear some Deacon over a Tonedeff beat. Even better would be Deacon using that aggressive flow over a track produced by Domingo. That would be epic. Aside from that though Deacon should produce the rest of the album. And Nattis album will be fucking amazing.

The talk about all the projects that are coming out is seriously making me unhealthily happy/excited. Kno project w/ Anna Wise, Zoe Wick, Dave Ferguson; Natti solo, Deacon solo, Cunninlynguists’ SJV3, all the Tonedeff projects that will drop sometime soon… The fact that there is this much music from these guys that I haven’t yet heard is incredible. Each of these artists has only gotten better over time, if that was possible, as well so thsi could be some of their finest. And (Chico and the Man), which I’m trying to ignore until it’s announced so I can pay attention to all this stuff that’s coming out sooner.

So have there been any updates on this? However small, i’m ready for a little taste.

And what’s up with Natti’s solo?

Kno’s and natti’s solos are both 10/10s, hopefully deacon follows suit. I find kno’s and natti’s solos to be better than any CL album since apos, tbh. I would’ve never thought that deacon would be the last one out of CL to have a solo album, lol.

Nevermind, just realized that comment was before Built to Fade was released… Either way, I hope we get some news for this after SJV3 is released.. such a great stream of releases.

I think we need to remember, that this project was only casually mentioned in one tweet more than a year ago. In comparison, Natti’s solo was already mentioned in 2010 - 3 years before its release.

In other words, I would be quite surprised if Deac’s solo is dropping in 2014. Especially considering, that CL seems to be working on their next studio album, planning tours etc.

You’re probably right. Gotta temper the excitement on this one.

Hopefully Deacon’s solo will come some time between the next two studio albums. Who knows though…. As long as some day there is one I’ll be happy

I’ve heard some production already. So far so good.

This needs to happen!

The Trashman said:This needs to happen!

Agreed.

And id love this to be littered with Deacon’s hooks, its rare that a rapper can write and sing such catchy organic hooks. It almost reminds me of UGK, and that is nothing but the highest praise. Deacon has been destined for a solo, rapper? check. Producer? check (and getting better and better). Singer? Check.

Cannot wait for this

In case some of y’all haven’t noticed, Deac posted on Instagram that he is in the studio working on his solo (and other projects). Judging from the photos, it’s going to have a good amount of live instrumentation.