close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Deacon The Villain :: Official ‘Peace or Power’ [LP] Appreciation Thread ::

I think they screwed up by announcing this when Phantom Limbs came out…I now expect that every release will come with word on the next thing coming soon. Natti? Polymer?

rosek1990 said:It will be hard but I will listen this album first time from CD - as in the days without Internet - so Deacon please, send this CD because I’m lookinf forward for this! Very Happy

Bandcamp says it’ll be shipped out within 10 days, so fuck that.

The Trashman said:Not yet right?

6pm, likely Eastern Time.

^ pretty much hahahahaha

x3

been refreshing bandcamp every 5-10 minutes for idk how long

houstonz said:x3

been refreshing bandcamp every 5-10 minutes for idk how long

I’ve been doing this as well.

a watched Peace or Power never boils.

Go and live your lives for a bit, fellas

Features are up. We’re close fellas!

JTX said:Features are up. We’re close fellas!

I noticed the track list got rearranged a bit too. Fuck man I can not wait to hear this.

I just came off a 14 hour shift, need sleep. I’m listening to this in the morning. Happy D-Day!

mattthegod said:

JTX said:Features are up. We’re close fellas!

I noticed the track list got rearranged a bit too. Fuck man I can not wait to hear this.

Word. And an outro was added. Release date was also changed to 10/01, so it might not technically go up before midnight in any U.S. time zone.

IT’S UP! Listening now.

Dammmmit I’m getting page not found.

Edit nevermind

JTX said:Dammmmit I’m getting page not found.

Oh man.. I went back and I noticed this as well. Looks like I spoke too soon again. Hopefully it goes back up in a bit.

mattthegod said:

Oh man.. I went back and I noticed this as well. Looks like I spoke too soon again. Hopefully it goes back up in a bit.

Check your email

JTX said:

mattthegod said:

Check your email

Didn’t need to… I managed to download the album off of my collection list before the page went down.

Looks like it’s officially up to me. Got the download through my Collection as well, since the emails are probably a little delayed.

*dims lights and gets headphones*

bye bye Deacon solo-less world

houstonz said:Looks like it’s officially up to me. Got the download through my Collection as well, since the emails are probably a little delayed.

*dims lights and gets headphones*

bye bye Deacon solo-less world

I’m about half way through my first listen. So far this album is fucking beautiful. Deacon is one of the most talented people on the planet.

I listened to a couple songs and I’m pretty disappointed

that I can’t give it a proper listen until I get off work in the morning.

Well I’m done with the first listen of the album. This album…. my god I just… I can’t even begin to… I’m speechless. This album is so amazing that I’m speechless. All I can say is this is easily album of the year for me so far.

mattthegod said:All I can say is this is easily album of the year for me so far.

Yes. Seriously.

Holding off on expressing too much til I get a few listens in.. and maybe get this chem pre-lab done that’s due tomorrow morning..

I’m talkin’ bout a better plaaace..

houstonz said:

mattthegod said:All I can say is this is easily album of the year for me so far.

Yes. Seriously.

Holding off on expressing too much til I get a few listens in.. and maybe get this chem pre-lab done that’s due tomorrow morning..

I’m talkin’ bout a better plaaace..

Dude I literally got everything I wanted with this album and then some. I seriously hope people don’t sleep on this album the way they did NWL, Tragedy & Dope, and Still Motion.

Let me just say this. If people aren’t putting Deacon in the same conversation with Kno when it comes to the best producers in hip hop, I really feel like you’re not giving this a proper listen. I could seriously talk about this album all day. Everything about this album to me is perfect. Deacon is so talented man really he is.

umm holy mother of god was that the dopest walk to work I have had. Closed my door and im letting this continue. Like mattthegod said, this production is fucking moon status, and if people better not sleep on such execution and juxtaposition of every fuckin instrument. I mean, as soon as The Other Side beat flips and drums (those fuckin drums!) kicked in, i must had the biggest smile in awe walking down the street. And i am gonna stop typing cuz the What’s a Star? is playing now.

Awesome work, Deacon. This shit is fucking incredible and will be played everyday for a long time. Thanks, mang.

ruby-rhod-bravo_47.gif

2 by four said:umm holy mother of god was that the dopest walk to work I have had. Closed my door and im letting this continue. Like mattthegod said, this production is fucking moon status, and if people better not sleep on such execution and juxtaposition of every fuckin instrument. I mean, as soon as The Other Side beat flips and drums (those fuckin drums!) kicked in, i must had the biggest smile in awe walking down the street. And i am gonna stop typing cuz the What’s a Star? is playing now.

Awesome work, Deacon. This shit is fucking incredible and will be played everyday for a long time. Thanks, mang.

ruby-rhod-bravo_47.gif

I know what I’ll be playing on repeat now on my way to Romania. That trip will be 13 1/2 hours so I’ll definitely be giving this a lot of listens while I’m bored on the plane. I’ve already listened to it about 7 times. Basically I’ve had it on repeat since it dropped at midnight.

<3 Marmalade. My god that is such a beautiful track. Also that beat change on The Devil & The Deep.

This album is mad funky. Nice.