close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Deacon The Villain :: Official ‘Peace or Power’ [LP] Appreciation Thread ::

Spent my entire upcoming paycheck on bills and dental things.
Still copped and threw in a little extra $
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Um…

DEACON THE FUCKING VILLAIN IS RELEASING A SOLO ALBUM!!!

Yes, people… after well-over a decade of me begging for it to happen… it’s finally fucking happening. And from the stuff I’ve heard… I seriously cannot wait. I’m just as amped as you are. So, just a quick sidenote re: the AMAZING original artwork. Deacon & I brainstormed concepts and eventually came up with the idea for the cover.

So, this was sent to the artist, Michael Manomivibul:

24dmrd2.jpg

and he turned it into this:

a3621142857_10.jpg

... And this is why you hire real illustrators, people.

*giddy*

Words cant explain how much I’ve been anticipating this Deacon solo to finally happen. I can already tell just by the artwork and titles of each song that I am going to love this. I’m literally giddy about this.

Straight up: Make a cassette version of the album and throw the original sketch on the cover.

“Ghosts don’t lie”...based on those funky 30 seconds we heard, I hope the song is 10 minutes long.

Got my order in and just watched Deacon’s promo video for the album.

Numonic said:Got my order in and just watched Deacon’s promo video for the album.

Has it got you feeling like Stan Lee created you? (I laughed at that line)

Revision said:

Numonic said:Got my order in and just watched Deacon’s promo video for the album.

Has it got you feeling like Stan Lee created you? (I laughed at that line)

Actually my father’s name is Stan Lee…just kidding. The artwork is dope as hell.

Lol at the difference in the draft pic and the final pic.

A very fitting and complimentary album title for an artist called Deacon the Villain. Love the parallel dualism and exploration through the contrasting ideas of good & evil. Beautiful artwork to match and an entirely self-produced project to boot? Color me amped. Viva QN5.

Can’t wait for feature and guest producer announcements. I think natti, kno, and sheisty khrist are more than likely on it.

JTX said:Can’t wait for feature and guest producer announcements. I think natti, kno, and sheisty khrist are more than likely on it.

He confirmed that Natti is on the album. In terms of production he said he produced it front to back.

Revision said:“Ghosts don’t lie”...based on those funky 30 seconds we heard, I hope the song is 10 minutes long.

Yup!!!!!!!!! I’ve had that hook stuck in my head since last night, and i cant wait until to hear that beat drop after. Fuckin amped for this project.

The artwork looks amazing, the snippets are fire, the concept sounds intriguing. I absolutely can’t wait to hear this!

I’m a sucker for live instrumentation. Excited!!

JTX said:Can’t wait for feature and guest producer announcements. I think natti, kno, and sheisty khrist are more than likely on it.

I’m excited and am sure I’ll love the album regardless, but I’m hoping features (other than live musicians) are minimal. “Hourglass” and “Karma” are easily two of my favorite CL songs ever…as a 15-year fan, we haven’t gotten nearly enough Deacon solo songs. I’m pumped for as many as solo songs as we can get from this album.

I’m just wondering who will be featured on the album besides Natti. Is it too early to ask about features outside of the live instrumentation?

Anetra has some presence. The comment I saw didn’t explicitly state if she’s a “feature” or possibly background vocals though.

houstonz said:Anetra has some presence. The comment I saw didn’t explicitly state if she’s a “feature” or possibly background vocals though.

Ah that makes sense. I’m wondering if he got Tonedeff to feature on the album. Its been a while since we’ve heard him go over Deacon production.

I mean, did you watch the video? Names a few others.

worm9103 said:I mean, did you watch the video? Names a few others.

I’ve watched it a few times. He mentioned Natti and then all of the people who were involved with the live instrumentation. I was more so wondering about features that might be rapping or singing on the album.

Jason Coffey is a singer, or am I taking crazy pills. I could be, serious question.

worm9103 said:Jason Coffey is a singer, or am I taking crazy pills. I could be, serious question.

Yes this is true. I forgot about him. Sorry for the confusion that is my fault.

Is it possible we can get T-shirts with the cover art on it?

Long awaited, Most anticipated.

Yup. Instros.

Just downloaded them. Gonna check em out while eating frozen pizza, as I’m sure Deacon intended.

Damn, this came out of nowhere ! Awesome.
Will be listening while playing video games. Very Happy

Also I’ve realised I haven’t actually commented on this topic yet. I’m sooo pumped for this album. It’s been a long time coming ! The snippets sound great and the artwork is freaking gorgeous.

The instrumental project is awesome. I remember him announcing that he was gonna be doing this but I didn’t know when it would actually happen. Assuming he plans on putting out more, its almost like the Excrementals series Kno put out. Or it will end up like that I mean.

Is it sept 30th yet? No? Ok, I’m going back to sleep. Wake me when the first single drops.