close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Deacon The Villain :: Official ‘Peace or Power’ [LP] Appreciation Thread ::

JTX said:Is it sept 30th yet? No? Ok, I’m going back to sleep. Wake me when the first single drops.

Someone probably should make a separate thread for the Instrumentals One project. Either way though it should be talked about regardless.

Tone just said on Periscope that there will be a track featuring him and Kno on Peace or Power!

Banoooooodlesssssss

Actually, Tone said that Deacon asked him to jump on the album just a few days ago. Do they really have time to write, record and mix a verse in a few weeks? Or maybe it’s sung vocals, like a hook or something?

By the way, in case some of you haven’t noticed, Jason Coffey is the dude who sang the hook on Natti’s Black Diamonds.

Happy Deacon month all! Anyone else dreaming nightly of the amazing hooks coming our way?

Friis said:By the way, in case some of you haven’t noticed, Jason Coffey is the dude who sang the hook on Natti’s Black Diamonds.

I’m really interested in that song they are doing together. We only heard Coffey’s part in the video (fact check me if I’m wrong), but it should be interesting to have him and Deacon trading lines. Gates is one of the great songs and to have one of the characters singing is mind blowing to imagine.

*scratching neck*

Where them singles at

The good news about being home with a sick baby on a Friday night is that I can listen to the Deacon release songs on a decent sound system and not on my phone. Cheers all:

http://2dopeboyz.com/2015/09/11/deacon-the-villain-miracle-exists-ghost-dont-lie/

These songs are phenomenal. It’s music like this that makes me scratch my head wondering why people still sleep on Deacon not only as an MC but as a producer as well. If people aren’t putting Deac on the same level as Kno as a producer after hearing these songs than I don’t really know what to tell them. I’m sure I’ll feel the exact same way when the full album is out.

That end of A Miracle Exists though…damn.

And: “Civil war labeled the scuffle for free chores.” Damn.

Bold, confident, beautiful music.

I donno if y’all are aware or not but this album comes out in four days. HOLY SHIT!

houstonz said:I donno if y’all are aware or not but this album comes out in four days. HOLY SHIT!

Right? This is a freaking Deacon The Villain solo album. Outside of Polymer I’m not sure if I’ve anticipated an album this much.

Watch it be delayed a week. Smile I can’t wait though

JTX said:Watch it be delayed a week. Smile I can’t wait though

I’m trying to be optimistic about this. I think it’ll come out on the 30th as stated.

if it’s delayed, i’ll take the delay so that my eargasm is that much better due to said delay. Fingers crossed, nonetheless.

Why are you guys talking about it being delayed? Has he said anything to indicate that it would be?

jbkrule said:Why are you guys talking about it being delayed? Has he said anything to indicate that it would be?

Nope. It’s probably just due to the quiet surrounding the release, but what’s the saying.. the calm before the storm?

My question is will it be on Bandcamp at midnight, cuz that’d be grrrrreat!

worm9103 said:TRACKLIST???

There’s the one on Bandcamp, but it doesn’t have any of the features listed besides Natti on the “Ghosts Don’t Lie” single.

houstonz said:

jbkrule said:Why are you guys talking about it being delayed? Has he said anything to indicate that it would be?

Nope. It’s probably just due to the quiet surrounding the release, but what’s the saying.. the calm before the storm

This + weren’t they still recording tone’s verse just last week? And it’s been quiet all day today as well. If it was being delayed I think they would have said something by now though.

houstonz said:

worm9103 said:TRACKLIST???

There’s the one on Bandcamp, but it doesn’t have any of the features listed besides Natti on the “Ghosts Don’t Lie” single.

Dropping tomorrow around 6PM. First on Bandcamp, then on Itunes and other digital outlets on October 2nd (New Music Friday). Thank you guys for being patient! I hope you dig the project.

There’s definitely more features than just Natti. My album is hella personal. It features a lot of close friends and family and that I grew up with (even if they are just doing adlibs).

As far as QN5, I got Tonedeff, Kno & Natti. As well as honorary QN5ers Sheisty Khrist & Tunji. Outside of that, the only highly recognizable feature is Homeboy Sandman.

Thanks again and I hope it ends up being worth the wait!

Yezzir!

Thanks for the info Deacon. Glad I get to go to bed today and not wait up with anticipation. I was hoping for another killer Cecil Gardner verse, thought he might make his way onto this album. Regardless, I can not wait for this shit.

wait wait wait.. are Kno and Tone by any chance on “Love” and is it a follow-up or spiritual successor to “Love Ain’t?” ..cuz that would be cool. I am probably wrong.

Happy Deacon Day everyone!

I’m glad I don’t have to mash F5 until at least 6PM. That will save years of life on my keyboard.

wait wait wait 6pm IN WHICH TIMEZONE

It will be hard but I will listen this album first time from CD - as in the days without Internet - so Deacon please, send this CD because I’m lookinf forward for this! Very Happy