close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Tonedeff archetype thread

So I went back to listen to this album after not bumping it in a while. And its much better than I remembered underground classic without a doubt of hesitation. just thought Id make this thread so we can appreciate an underrated classic

Yeah, I’ve been going back to it quite a bit lately. The lyricism on Archetype, Masochist, and Loyal is sooooo dope. Amped to hear what Tone’s cooked up since then.

havent listened in… too long. I remember hearing it in like 09 and was like ‘holy crap.’ I think I was JUST really getting into QN5 around 2005 so i didn’t respect it as much as i do now…

Just imagine if kno had more than just one production credit.. kno with tonedeff on the lyrics? I have come to expect nothing but dopeness and pure piffery from that combo. Loyal will probably be what we can expect from chico & the man.. if only kno had more than just that one on archetype..its not that big of a deal but it would make the album damn near flawless

Porcelain is my favorite, by far. The beat, the lyrics, the hook, and the harmonies at the end make for one of the best songs I’ve ever heard

yea thats one of my favorites on the album as well

If it wasn’t for this album, I may have never discovered QN5. Not only is it one of my top 10 favorite albums, but it led me to Cunninlynguists, PackFM, Substantial, Kokayi, Mr. SOS, Sheisty Khrist, Session and so many other QN5 affiliates. So for that, I will always be greatful.

This is easily one of my favorite qn5 releases.

Cthulhu4Pres said:Porcelain is my favorite, by far. The beat, the lyrics, the hook, and the harmonies at the end make for one of the best songs I’ve ever heard

SCRATCHINlikeDJS said:

Cthulhu4Pres said:Porcelain is my favorite, by far. The beat, the lyrics, the hook, and the harmonies at the end make for one of the best songs I’ve ever heard

This.

SCRATCHINlikeDJS said:

Always more of a Masochist fan but the story in Porcelain was really relatable too.

and Quotables was one of my favorites.