close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Kno Kno & Vakill

“Dj kno just provided me with magma..time to end this shit”

https://twitter.com/VAKILL/status/216960972059967488

I don’t know about y’all but this makes me happy. Vakill is such a dope MC.

Sickest punchline MC, real talk.

that collab will be dope I cant wait to hear it.

The darkest cloud was a great album. Have not had much of a chance to dig into armor of god.

Armor of God was very nice aswell. Worst Fears Confirmed is my favorite of his though.

Glad I managed to get a copy of Kill ‘Em All. Shit is sold out by now.

I remember loving his album in ‘05, he reminded me of Ras Kass and Royce 5’9”, who I was a big fan of back in that day.

This will be dope, kids.

LostCauze said:Armor of God was very nice aswell. Worst Fears Confirmed is my favorite of his though.

This.

Hopefully this is Kno, rather than some random DJ who just bit his name.

Absolutely love Vakill, this would be a dream come true.

Still wish A Louis Logic & Tonedeff or Cunninlynguists collabo could happen :/

I have all of Vakill’s albums, my favorite is “The Darkest Cloud”. The weird thing about Vakill is that I have never seen him advertise a live show, does he do live shows? I’ve been a fan since “The Darkest Cloud” dropped and I have never seen him advertise a live show. I did see a video of him performing on stage once some years ago. He’s one of my few favorite rappers that I have yet to see perform live. Also other than his work on his albums I hardly ever hear him anywhere else although he often times advertises doing feature verses for sell on twitter yet none of these songs he does features for ever appears anywhere on the internet. I’d love to hear Vakill over a Kno beat but I’m not getting my hopes up for it to be released (even if Kno sent him the beat) based on how rare Vakill actually releases music of his and I understand the whole Hi-Ate-Us and all, i even have a radio interview that he did before “Armor of God” dropped explaining the whole thing and the process and frustration of releasing his albums. Panik and Memo usually provide Vakill with dope beats though, I just wish he’d release more music, usually artists release singles and features between albums, he doesn’t.

If they could do the collaboration under the QN5 imprint, that would be really dope. I’ve been checking for anything I can find out about this teamup.

I just realized it’d be super dope if Kno did a production-only album like what Stoupe and Static Selectah have done with non-QN5 artists. Like I’d love to see Cee-Lo, Anna Wise, Vakill, Louis Logic, Slug solo tracks over Kno’s production.

So Vakill is actually performing live

A0XswjaCMAEmpnd.jpg

Am I the only one surprised at this? I didn’t know he did live shows. I hope some one records this and posts the video to youtube but of course Vakill like all the rappers I like will get slept on and it will be as if this show never happened.

Numonic said:So Vakill is actually performing live

A0XswjaCMAEmpnd.jpg

Am I the only one surprised at this? I didn’t know he did live shows. I hope some one records this and posts the video to youtube but of course Vakill like all the rappers I like will get slept on and it will be as if this show never happened.

Damn, like you I am surprised by this. In the past 6-7 years that I’ve been following him, I’ve never heard of his putting on a live show or seen a live recording.

That’s ‘cuz you’re never going to know about it bitch!

waynebradykillscop.jpg

lol not because Wayne Brady will kill you but because Vakill just doesn’t do that and is criminally slept on.

Just playing, I just thought of that Wayne Brady killing the cop clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bONBlJNt0I0#t=5m17s

I guess we’re going to get to hear the Vakill & Kno joint after all. Vakill is 2 tracks away from completing his new EP and I believe the Kno produced track will be on it. The EP will be called Simon Bar Sinister.

From his tweets earlier this month:

“i’m lookin at the finishline of this project wit 2 joints 2 go…i always get a lil sad when i’m near the end of a project.odd can’t explain “

“The Simon Bar Sinister EP..COMING SOON”

Oh and that show got cancelled for some overbooking reason, if anyone here cares to know.

That’s good news man, thanks for the heads up.

Edit:

Vakill and Kno on twitter:

“@Kno u settled in yet?... time to put this track in motion last weel”

“@VAKILL yup, about 95% but the studio is all set-up as of last week.”

“@Kno waitin on u my g…u got the arrangements “

So i guess the track is going on the EP indeed. Cool.

Vakill just confirmed that the first single off the Simon Bar Sinister EP is a Kno produced track called Formaldehyde. No word yet on when it’s going to be released.

OH SHIT!!! That title for the song sounds so sick.

binarystar89 said:Vakill just confirmed that the first single off the Simon Bar Sinister EP is a Kno produced track called Formaldehyde. No word yet on when it’s going to be released.

If Vakill’s release dates are anything to go by, we might get this by Christmas 2016. Either way, I’ll be waiting.

Man I hope not. I hope it drops sooner than Christmas 2016. Vakill was supposed to drop an EP called World War V soon after the AOG album from what I heard in an interview with him before the AOG album dropped. He said he would do that because of the long hiatus he was on since the previous album. Plus this being an EP and the fact that he said he was 2 tracks away from finishing it I think it’s going to drop sooner than later. I also don’t think he cares to have this EP blow up/do numbers as he aspired for the AOG album so hopefully it’s just something he’ll throw up on like bandcamp which by the way I’m surprised he doesn’t have. Vakill needs to get with the program and put his music up on bandcamp. All that being said I think we can expect this EP by the end of summer next year. I know mixing will be a bitch and take forever. It’s going to collect dust in the studio for some time before any work on it gets done. That’s what happens when other people are in control of the production of your music. Especially if they are not a huge fan of your music. I think if an artist wants their music to be mixed and produced the fastest they should give it to their biggest fan. There is no one more intent on getting your music out to the world than your biggest fan.

Armor of god was one of my favorite albums of 2011 so to hear an emcee with bars that good over a Kno beat is probably going to be amazing.

Anybody have an update on this?

Vakill’s last tweet 4 hours ago says: “Got some great music underway my people.. the wait is almost over”. I still stand by my end of Summer 2013 release earliest for the EP (which by the way will have the Kno produced track on it if that is what you were specifically asking about bry). It’s crazy I think for his last album, pre-orders were up months before the actual release date, so I think we have a long wait. The term “Long” is relative though.

I’m gonna try to give Vakill a little bit of credit and guess that the EP will drop sometime in may. Although, it wouldn’t surprise me if Numonic was more accurate.

If anyone here in the Chicago area is a Vakill fan here is an ad for a show he’ll supposedly be doing this month. I say supposedly because I’ve never heard of him performing live ever and the last one he was supposed to do last year got cancelled.

BLwZXPLCEAA6d5j.png

I don’t think he ever does live shows as I’ve mentioned in replies above. I’m curious what his live show is like. He had one that was supposed to happen last year but it got cancelled and it never rescheduled. I have no idea if this show will succumb to the same fate.

I don’t get Vakill, I mean he doesn’t operate like he cares about releasing music. I mean he’s dope and all and I realize he has a family but his discography (including singles and features) is so small especially for the amount of time he’s been releasing music (supposedly since 1995). Okay I’m reading this thread and see someone mention that the Kno track is supposed to be the first release. Time passes and there is no mention and no release of the track. Back in September last year Vakill said he was 2 tracks away from finishing this EP and it’s now June (9 months later) and we still don’t have a single. A couple months ago Vakill said that he would be dropping the first single (which is titled “Falling Down” and no mention of the Kno produced song) of the EP by the end of April. That never happened and the single is still waiting to be mastered right now (at least 2 months since he sent the song to get mastered), at least that’s the last I heard about it just over a month ago. So I don’t get it.

Also why does Vakill not have a bandcamp page? He doesn’t do shows, he never releases singles. He only makes albums and only does one every 3 to 5 years. It’s about to be a year this month since Kno gave Vakill the beat and we still have no song. This EP probably won’t release until 2016 and that’s not an exaggeration.

I’m pretty sure Immortal Technique has had Kno beats for half a decade without releasing a song with them. One year is nothing. lol

houstonz said:I’m pretty sure Immortal Technique has had Kno beats for half a decade without releasing a song with them. One year is nothing. lol

Storing them for future generations. In 100 years, an unreleased Kno beat will be worth millions.

Tech on a Kno beat would be sick though