close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Kokayi :: Official ‘Pro Deo et Patria’ Appreciation Thread (9.21.12)::

Picking it up when I get home tonight! “All Hail” was awesome, looking forward to more goodness.

This is so dope. Fucking awesome awesome music. Kokayi is so talented.

Can’t pick a favourite song right now, just loving them all.

Seriously amazing album. I’ve been playing “Breeve Long E” on loop for like an hour. I can’t explain the control that song has over me…

I was very surprised that the album took a different turn..I was assuming it was gonna have a afro punk sound like that last album.(which I loved)but this was something different.(but equally as good)

Something I noticed not mentioned or really discussed..Were the original members of Czrs present on this album..I was thinking maybe not.Who knows maybe I’m wrong

I’m excited for a physical release for this too.

I like the whole album but “Leave Me Alone” is my fav. In love with this track since teaser video.

This album is awesome ! At the moment my favourite is probably Birdus Ghetti.
Will definitely buy a physical copy when it’s out.

“Been Thru” is magical.

@thugged0utcubscout the CZRS/thecaesarz has always been me. when i did “all hail” i played/programmed everything. After “all hail” i put the band together and tried to separate what i did as a hip hop artist from the other “stuff” that i was doing..it didn’t work out. i realized that i just like to do a bunch of different stuff. So with this record, and post a battered guitar, i enlisted the band to play what i needed. AC is playing Banjo on Birdus. he has never played in any band of mine, but is a very dope player.

Love the album favorite track right now has to be Under 1’s Mask

Honourable Mentions.
Leave Me Alone
Waytts
Punchdrunk

It took me a second listen to really appreciate it but it’s a really creative album.

I FUCKING LOVE THIS ALBUM!

Am I crazy in saying Pro Deo is a strong contender for album of the year? It’s one of the only albums I can listen to front to back and enjoy every minute of. Every track has something amazing in it.

Incaspic said:Am I crazy in saying Pro Deo is a strong contender for album of the year? It’s one of the only albums I can listen to front to back and enjoy every minute of. Every track has something amazing in it.

For me it is right up there for AOTY.

seems like this album was even slept on by QN5 fans…I think its better than R&D…

I love this album, I listen to it at least once a week. Slept on big time…