close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

PackFM Has it Really been 6 years since whutduzfmstand4 dropped

I can’t believe it. I mean wtf time flys. I was transferring over all my cds to a bigger mp3 player and i was checking out the back of the cd. I remember ordering it from ughh with the bonus instrumentals. I havent listened to this album in a lil while but I’m glad I revisited it. I mean the whole cd is dope. It takes me thru a time warp when what was goin on in 06 in my life. Token love song never gets old and is by far my favorite tonedeff beat.

Time fucking flies. I remember what a wild stretch the end was. Avatar/Interscope wanted to put it out, and we spent an additional couple months remixing/remastering the album without samples (If you can imagine how much work that was). And then we just decided to do it ourselves. Glad we did. To this day, that’s the best printed press-reviewed album we’ve put out (ie. Rolling Stone, XLR8R, Scratch, etc).

one of those albums where u can go from track 1 to the last without having to skip a song, no matter how many times uve heard it.

Pack’s best release. I hope Human Highlight Reel is as good if not better.

Tonedeff said:Time fucking flies. I remember what a wild stretch the end was. Avatar/Interscope wanted to put it out, and we spent an additional couple months remixing/remastering the album without samples (If you can imagine how much work that was)..

Damn, I didn’t know that.

This is still one of my favourite things QN5 has released.

Also, according to UGHH, today marks the 6th anniversary of Kno’s “Excrementals Vol. 5”

I guess that explains the “Ugly Woman” OG and whatnot. haha

WDFMS4? is a classic.

Yeah classic album for sure, and token love song is so good…love that beat! Hard to believe its been that long.

It seems longer than 6 years to be honest. When I think back to when I first got that album my life was so so different.

Absolutely fantastic album though and still one of my favourite QN5 releases.

You believe the sample stuff when you remember how many versions of Upclose & Personal exist. I’m thinking three at least.

I would like to hear the different versions…even if only in snippets

I think the first Upclose & Personal was on Pack’s mp3.com page. There was another version that flipped a similar loop to a C-Rayz Walz track (or was it identical?). There was one on Featured Material that was different from the album. So, maybe 4 version?