close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

General Discussion What’s your occupation? What do you want to do?

Current: Service Center Trainer for HP
Dream Job: I wanted to be everything. I still do. Couldn’t decide….

Numonic said:

deStructuralized said:

Numonic said:I’m a Physical Therapist Assistant and in the process (in 3 years) of becoming a Physical Therapist.

small world!

Cool. Hey I think I used to talk to you on AIM several years back when QN5 had the old forum. I think it was you. You’re a huge Louis Logic fan (or at least used to be) right? I think it was you I was talking to.

Different person, I think! All good though

Where you going to school?

Currently an undergrad at UCLA, a political science major with a philosophy minor. Not sure what I want to do with it yet, but probably law.

deStructuralized said:

Numonic said:

deStructuralized said:

Numonic said:I’m a Physical Therapist Assistant and in the process (in 3 years) of becoming a Physical Therapist.

small world!

Cool. Hey I think I used to talk to you on AIM several years back when QN5 had the old forum. I think it was you. You’re a huge Louis Logic fan (or at least used to be) right? I think it was you I was talking to.

Different person, I think! All good though

Where you going to school?

I’m not in school for the DPT yet, applying to schools right now and plan to start next year. I just got my bachelor degree this summer. Wanted to go right in to grad school right after that but plans got changed and postponed a year. So I will not start the program until next year. I’m in New Jersey so I’m applying to all schools around here (NY, NYC, PA and maybe some in CT). Are you already in the DPT program? Also are you also a PTA?

I am an Ensign in the US Navy.

So far, it’s been absolutely amazing.

I’m in charge of a division of 20 people, ranging in age from 19-38.

I have learned a ton and have some of the most intelligent, interesting, and diverse co-workers I’ve ever experienced.

We’re currently in Singapore (awesome), as we are on deployment until the Spring of 2013.

The only thing I could see leading to me getting out would be the fact that i don’t think I could leave my (future) family for 9-10 months… I couldn’t fathom missing such a large chunk of my loved ones’ lives.

I manage an independent record store.I wade through records for a living.Its the shit most of the time.

I’m a baker.. gettin’ that dough..

I’m a tax accountant at a public accounting firm, mostly do corporate and international taxes.

Half the year is busy and im working 70 hours, sucks. I want to find another job soon..

Foreman/manager/part owner of construction company, husband, father….wanted to be an astronaut or starting pitcher for the red sox but that didnt seem to work out so well

Silbz said:Currently an undergrad at UCLA, a political science major with a philosophy minor. Not sure what I want to do with it yet, but probably law.

Just make sure you really really really want to practice law. Shitty job market and you will have a mortgage payment without a house once you’re done.

current job: making other people’s books look pretty
dream job: making my own beautiful books Wink

Numonic said:I’m not in school for the DPT yet, applying to schools right now and plan to start next year. I just got my bachelor degree this summer. Wanted to go right in to grad school right after that but plans got changed and postponed a year. So I will not start the program until next year. I’m in New Jersey so I’m applying to all schools around here (NY, NYC, PA and maybe some in CT). Are you already in the DPT program? Also are you also a PTA?

Nice. I got my bachelor’s in an unrelated field, and was a consultant for two years post. I’m taking prereqs now, and will be applying to schools in Northern CA, CO, and Utah. I’m not a certified assistant, but am an aide.

deStructuralized said:

Numonic said:I’m not in school for the DPT yet, applying to schools right now and plan to start next year. I just got my bachelor degree this summer. Wanted to go right in to grad school right after that but plans got changed and postponed a year. So I will not start the program until next year. I’m in New Jersey so I’m applying to all schools around here (NY, NYC, PA and maybe some in CT). Are you already in the DPT program? Also are you also a PTA?

Nice. I got my bachelor’s in an unrelated field, and was a consultant for two years post. I’m taking prereqs now, and will be applying to schools in Northern CA, CO, and Utah. I’m not a certified assistant, but am an aide.

Nice. I too got my bachelor’s in an unrelated field. See I received my PTA degree and license back in 2006 (it’s an Associates Degree program) and I was working for some years and decided to go back to school to be a PT but i figured since I was a PTA I didn’t really need a science major for my bachelor degree which I think most schools look highly upon. So I just did Communication Studies and while doing that did some prerequisites. I have basically almost all the prerequisites that I need except I’m taking a general biology course now. Some schools require this course but some don’t. That and doing well on the GRE and maybe some more extracurricular activities and I’ll feel confident about my chances to get in to DPT school. Good luck with your plans.

First day of DPT school today. I think this will keep me busy for the next 3 years so like I did before in the years I was working on getting my PTA license around 2006 and some time after, my activity on this website might decrease. Sad

I’m on unemployment.Hope I get a job soon..

Numonic said:First day of DPT school today. I think this will keep me busy for the next 3 years so like I did before in the years I was working on getting my PTA license around 2006 and some time after, my activity on this website might decrease. Sad

grats sir, and best of luck!

2 years later, fire department thing didn’t work out, so I’ve still been dispatching since then. I’ve been an emergency dispatcher for the last 7 years and july 20th will be my last day as one, as I’ve passed all of my tests and interviews for my department to send me to the police academy. I’m excited but very nervous at the same time. I feel that it’s a good move for me to test myself and to improve and keep learning in my field. I’ve felt that I’ve gotten all that I can get out of dispatching and that it’s time to move on. Only thing that sucks is that they just came out with a master’s dispatcher certificate for my state and I’m going to just miss it because you have to have a total of 8 years of service to obtain it, and I would have really liked to have that for my resume. Before they came up with that I had an advanced dispatcher’s certificate, which was the highest certificate obtainable and pretty much guarantees a dispatching job anywhere.

I never finished college to get a degree so as soon as I’m done with the academy and when I’m comfortable enough in my job I plan to go back to school since I can use government discounts/grants.