close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

General Discussion Anna Wise….

Is on Kendrick Lamar’s good kid m.A.A.d. city coming out 10/22. Pretty cool, and I hope this leads to Kno working with Kendrick. Here is the track list. Haven’t been this pumped for a release in a while.

1. Sherane a.k.a Master Splinter’s Daughter
2. Bitch, Don’t Kill My Vibe
3. Backseat Freestyle
4. The Art of Peer Pressure
5. Money Trees feat. Jay Rock
6. Poetic Justice feat. Drake
7. good kid
8. m.A.A.d city feat. MC Eiht
9. Swimming Pools (Drank) [Extended Version]
10. Sing About Me, I’m Dying of Thirst
11. Real feat. Anna Wise
12. Compton feat. Dr. Dre

There can never be enough Anna Wise music as far as I’m concerned. Get her to work with everyone!

Would love to see Sonnymoon live.

(Deluxe Edition)
13. The Recipe feat. Dr. Dre
14. Black Boy Fly
15. Now or Never feat. Mary J. Blige
16. Collect Calls
17. Swimming Pools (Drank)

Have the producers been named? Besides the singles I know Just Blaze produced Compton, Hit-Boy produced BackseatFreestyle, did Kno produce the Anna Wise track?

Nope. Not that I know of. Kendrick said in multiple interviews he was going to keep most of it in house.

Here’s one thing I don’t get and it’s been going on for a while. How come Cunninlynguists is able to get features from some big names but those big names don’t ever feature Cunninlynguists on their projects? Also I’ve seen almost everyone that Cunninlynguists featured on their last few projects featured on a video or had their own video played on like VH1 Soul or some MTV channel but I’ve never seen a Cunninlynguists video played on any of these channels.

Just to name artists Cunninlynguists/QN5 have worked with whom I’ve seen have had their video played on VH1 Soul or an MTV channel:

Tanya Morgan
Freddie Gibbs
Macklemore
Phonte
Big Krit
B.J. the Chicago Kid

And that’s only the lesser known artists QN5/CL has worked with. I didn’t mention bigger names like Masta Ace, Cee-Lo, E-40, Sean Price, Evidence, Goodie Mob, Nappy Roots, Devin the Dude.

How come CL isn’t featured on any of these artists albums?

CL has some videos that never got played on VH-1 or MTV, why is that? K.K.K.Y, Cocaine, Never Come Down, Le Petite Mort, Graveyard.

Not taking anything away from the Anna Wise news, I’m just saying.

Wait, so first he gets BJ the Chicago Kid, then Ab-Soul gets Jmsn, now Kendrick got Anna Wise.

WTF is going on, do they just wait to see who CL collaborates with and then move in?

Numonic said:Here’s one thing I don’t get and it’s been going on for a while. How come Cunninlynguists is able to get features from some big names but those big names don’t ever feature Cunninlynguists on their projects? Also I’ve seen almost everyone that Cunninlynguists featured on their last few projects featured on a video or had their own video played on like VH1 Soul or some MTV channel but I’ve never seen a Cunninlynguists video played on any of these channels.

Just to name artists Cunninlynguists/QN5 have worked with whom I’ve seen have had their video played on VH1 Soul or an MTV channel:

Tanya Morgan
Freddie Gibbs
Macklemore
Phonte
Big Krit
B.J. the Chicago Kid

And that’s only the lesser known artists QN5/CL has worked with. I didn’t mention bigger names like Masta Ace, Cee-Lo, E-40, Sean Price, Evidence, Goodie Mob, Nappy Roots, Devin the Dude.

How come CL isn’t featured on any of these artists albums?

CL has some videos that never got played on VH-1 or MTV, why is that? K.K.K.Y, Cocaine, Never Come Down, Le Petite Mort, Graveyard.

Not taking anything away from the Anna Wise news, I’m just saying.

Because they don’t have to?

Really though, I understand that sentiment. You’d think they’d have some sort of mutual show of interest or features, but it just doesn’t happen.. or hasn’t yet at least. It is what it is. Kinda makes you wonder if some of the folks who are coming up do just use CL/QN5 as some sort of stepping stone as Trashman kinda aluded to.

Anna Wise also provided vocals on “Cartoon & Cereal”

She was on “Double Standards” by Ab-Soul too

Scott A. said:Anna Wise also provided vocals on “Cartoon & Cereal”

Really? Cuz I dont hear that at all….

John said:
Have the producers been named? Besides the singles I know Just Blaze produced Compton, Hit-Boy produced BackseatFreestyle, did Kno produce the Anna Wise track?

According to Coss aka Cashus King the production and tracklisting is…

1. Sherane a.k.a Master Splinter’s Daughter
(Produced by Terrace Martin)

2. Bitch, Don’t Kill My Vibe feat. Lady Gaga
(Produced by The Neptunes)

3. Backseat Freestyle
(Produced by Digi+Phonics)

4. The Art of Peer Pressure
(Produced by Rune Rask, add. Dr. Dre)

5. Money Trees feat. Jay Rock

6. Poetic Justice feat. Drake
(Produced by…Scoop DeVille, add. Noah “40” Shebib)

7. good kid
(Produced by DJ Khalil)

8. m.A.A.d city feat. MC Eiht
(Produced by DJ Khalil)

9. Swimming Pools (Drank) [Extended Version]
(Produced by T-Minus)

10. Sing About Me, I’m Dying of Thirst

11. Real feat. Anna Wise
(Produced by J. Cole)

12. Compton feat. Dr. Dre
(Produced by Just Blaze)

Deluxe:
13. The Recipe feat. Dr. Dre
(Produced by Scoop DeVille, add. Dr. Dre)

14. Black Boy Fly
(Produced by Hit-Boy)

15. Now or Never feat. Mary J. Blige
(Produced by Dr. Dre, co. Dewaun Parker)

16. Collect Calls

17. Swimming Pools (Drank)
(Produced by T-Minus)

gametheory91 said:

Scott A. said:Anna Wise also provided vocals on “Cartoon & Cereal”

Really? Cuz I dont hear that at all….

She provided the female backing throughout the whole song.

More specifically this part:

Now I was raised in a sandbox, next to you and her
You was holding the handgun, she was giving birth
To a baby boy to be just like you, I wonder what’s that worth
I-I wonder if you ever knew that you was a role model to me first
The next day I-I woke up in the morning, seen you on the news
Looked in the mirror, then realized I-I-I had something to prove
You told me “Don’t be like me, just finish watching cartoons”
Which is funny now cause all I see is Wile E. Coyotes in the road

I love seeing Anna on more projects. She deserves every moment of spotlight she gets.

Bumping. Tripped over the ‘Spliff’ song that she did a couple years ago and it has now gotten stuck in my head (“Stephen Hawking. Stephen Hawking.” Damn). Learned that I would buy a track of her singing my iphone contacts if that were available.

BtF2

She has a solo song called “Wonderful” that used to be on her soundcloud that’s really dope. It looks like it’s on YouTube in someone’s dance video.