close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

General Discussion What gigs have you been to this year?

megashow in august. Waiting for that beast.

^ Nice ! I’d love to see Dessa live.

All I have planned is the Megashow in August and Woodkid in November.
Oh and it doesn’t really count but my brother and his band are doing their first show at the end of the week.

Macklemore at IU in one week! I can’t wait! My two little sisters go to IU and are going with me, so that makes it even better

Kendrick Lamar at Ohio State was insane.

“deltron 3030” April 22 at the social in Orlando Fl…...... I’m there

Hey am I crazy or is 3 hours too long a drive for a show?

Numonic said:Hey am I crazy or is 3 hours too long a drive for a show?

Depends on the show. You could also spend the day wherever this show is while you’re at it.

I see Macklemore is playing one show in London next month. Sold out already, natch.

Scalpers on ebay are asking £125 for two £20 tickets. But I’m seeing him anyway at the Wireless Festival. And Kendrick Lamar, who someone spoke highly of upthread. Although I can’t say I was very impressed with his last release.

I only make 3 hour drives to catch QN5 shows. Most other acts are usually able to make it all the way to where I live so when they’re performing 3-4 hours away I just wait for them to tour another time and eventually hit my town.

I’ve done 5 hour flights and 6 hour drives to catch shows. It’s all on how much you want to see it.

Just got back from coachella. As far as rap goes, Wu-Tang, Action Bronson, Danny Brown, and Jurassic 5 were awesome. Also really enjoyed Phoenix + R. Kelly, The Lumineers, Of Monsters and Men, and 2 Door Cinema club. Also 2 Chainz was a guilty pleasure of mine.

I do two hour to two & half hour train rides to NYC from Long Island for shows. Crazy thing is that if I drove I’d cut that time in half.

Just caught ice cube & WC (King of the Mic tour) a few weeks ago. One of the best hiphop shows ive ever been to cube straight killed it. The day before that big boi & killer mike where suppose to do a show so I drove down to the Vennue expecting an amazing experience but i was misinformed & the show was postponed.

I saw Mayer Hawthorne on Saturday at an outdoor oyster festival. Pretty friggin sweet.

Kid Abstract said:Just caught ice cube & WC (King of the Mic tour) a few weeks ago. One of the best hiphop shows ive ever been to cube straight killed it. The day before that before big boi & killer mike where suppose to do show so I drove to the Vennue expecting an amazing experience but i was misinformed & the show was postponed.

ya, big boi’s injured. i went to a show on sunday that he was supposed to do but ludacris filled in instead… not complaining at all!
gonna see killer mike & el-p in july.

coopaloop said:

Kid Abstract said:Just caught ice cube & WC (King of the Mic tour) a few weeks ago. One of the best hiphop shows ive ever been to cube straight killed it. The day before that before big boi & killer mike where suppose to do show so I drove to the Vennue expecting an amazing experience but i was misinformed & the show was postponed.

ya, big boi’s injured. i went to a show on sunday that he was supposed to do but ludacris filled in instead… not complaining at all!
gonna see killer mike & el-p in july.

Damn that sucks big boi got injured, but yo Ludacris is dope I’ve never seen him live before but I’m sure it was tight & yea I defiantly want to check out killer mike & el-p I’m pretty sure that’s the tour for there new album “run the jewels” I need to check the dates see if they will be in centeral Florida ....R.A.P music is a personal favorite of mine.

Going to see iCON the Mic King June 25th in NYC. It’s been a while since I seen a live show but ICON the Mic King is one of the last of a dying breed and I can’t miss him live.

Kid Abstract said:Damn that sucks big boi got injured, but yo Ludacris is dope I’ve never seen him live before but I’m sure it was tight & yea I defiantly want to check out killer mike & el-p I’m pretty sure that’s the tour for there new album “run the jewels” I need to check the dates see if they will be in centeral Florida ....R.A.P music is a personal favorite of mine.

i saw killer mike last year shortly after that album dropped, same event actually as luda—last night of NXNE, free show at Yonge & Dundas Square (raekwon and ghostface were the headliners last year). luda had a live band plus dj, and totally knew how to work the crowd so it was pretty awesome (makes up for the terrible sound there). although i feel like perhaps the crowd wasn’t as live in total as it felt where we were standing—he kept asking if everyone was tired and it ended kind of strangely…. totally enjoyed myself though. (especially the security guard who was doing her rounds two-steppin and booty-bumped this unimpressed guy that looked like he was only there because he got lost on his way to the MMVA’s…. lol)

Going to see Iron Giants (pig food records) in NYC on July 11th. The best rap super group out right now.

just saw run the jewels last night… amazing. go see them if you can.

has anyone seen ra the rugged man? he was playing last night also—kinda frustrating—so i missed it. just curious as to what his live show is like…

I saw iron giants last night and oh my God what a show. Plus a lot of my favorite rappers were in the crowd and I got to dap them up and talk for a minute. Iron bar collective are so sick. Mic Lanny is so sick and giant gorilla dog thing are so sick. My ears are still a little numb from the show. I was right next to the speakers all night. Haven’t seen a show that good in a while.

Plus I got this really dope tank top:

ba1b40cee32111e28ea222000a9f1946_7.jpg

Iron giants best rap super group out now. So sick.

I was at “Nibe Festival” in Denmark, I heard Ke$ha. Horrible performance, show was obviously playback (as in not even trying to hide it), and the stage show wasn’t great at all. Definition of meh, but I had expected nothing more.

Wireless in London last weekend was hot,hot, hot! Most unlike a typical English summer. I really wanted to see Macklemore, but he was well down the bill and only did a brief set at about 3 pm. He was great fun, though, and I’d have loved to see more.

I can’t say I’m that much of a Jay Z fan, and I didn’t have the familiarity with his big back-catalogue that 99% of the rest of the crowd did. Still, I have to say I was impressed, he put on a great show. And what a band he has! The set had a joyful celebratory vibe that made a great climax to a brilliant day (I went with my son and his g/f, who moved to London not long back).

Actually haven’t been to any this year so far, but I plan on hopefully making it to blue sky black death in October, and possibly deltron too.

So far I went to an Immortal Technique show and The Megashow.

I plan on going to some more events over time this semester/next semester.

I’ve been to Fleetwood Mac and Shwayze… Fleetwood put on an amazing show as expected, so glad I had the opportunity to see them live.

Many many years ago I saw Fleetwood Mac in Leicester. Towards the end of their set they announced from the stage that Christine Perfect’s handbag had been stolen, and they were locking all the venue’s doors and no-one was leaving until it was found! Naturally, we all wondered about the contents of said bag.

That is my Fleetwood Mac story.

Wow two really good artist are performing live in NYC on the same day next week and I can’t see any of them because I’ll be busy doing something else. Thomas Azier in Webster Hall with Woodkid and Apollo Run at Spike Hill in Brooklyn both on October 15th. But I’ve had many chances to see Apollo Run in NYC because they reside there and have many shows there and sure someday I will get to a show but Thomas Azier is from Germany, not sure if I’ll ever be able to catch him live in the area again anytime soon.

Numonic said:Wow two really good artist are performing live in NYC on the same day next week and I can’t see any of them because I’ll be busy doing something else. Thomas Azier in Webster Hall with Woodkid and Apollo Run at Spike Hill in Brooklyn both on October 15th. But I’ve had many chances to see Apollo Run in NYC because they reside there and have many shows there and sure someday I will get to a show but Thomas Azier is from Germany, not sure if I’ll ever be able to catch him live in the area again anytime soon.

was it you that mentioned Woodkid on another thread? big ups to whoever did, seeing him next week in Toronto. really looking forward to it. although it took me a while to find someone to go with, none of my friends have heard of him…. this convo seriously happened more than once:
me:“you want to come to the Woodkid show with me?”, “Wooh da kid? ya, for sure!” “No, Woodkid….”, “Oh… k then no…” lol

Actually it wasn’t me that mentioned Woodkid in the ither thread. Although i am a bit familiar with him from the mention in the other thread and then checking out his music but I’m not really a fan. The two artists i was talking about was Thomas Azier and Apollo Run, it just happened that Woodkid was performing with Thomas Azier. Ironically I don’t think you’re familiar with Thomas Azier and Apollo Run.