close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

General Discussion What gigs have you been to this year?

Numonic said:Ironically I don’t think you’re familiar with Thomas Azier and Apollo Run.

you are correct sir Wink

I might go see Lupe Fiasco in December. The first food and liquor album and the first and 15th mixtapes display some of the best rapping i’ve heard. Never saw him live and even though he’s fell off with his last few releases, i’m liking the songs he has released this year. Hope i have time to catch 1 of the 3 shows he has is my area.

so i went to the deltron 3030 show last night (hesitantly and solo—bought the ticket before listening to the new album and then my friend bailed on me) and i have to say: totally worth it. not necessarily because of deltron, although the new stuff sounded way better live than digital (“duh” perhaps, but maybe i’ll give the album another listen or three) but LADYBUG MECCA SHOWED UP! what?!? totally unexpected. apparently the original opener lost his passport and because the gov was shut down he couldn’t renew it… so kid koala did a solo dj set to open and then she came on for a few tracks (and ya, she got chill like that of course).... highlight of my week so far!! next stop, Woodkid on Friday.

Haven’t been to any shows this year (no money Sad ), but next week Emancipator performs in a club not far from here, most def won’t miss that.

Emancipator was fantastic, nice vibe in the club too. Also weed is a nice addition for shows like this.

Saw Zac Brown Band over the weekend. Very cool.

His live show is great—did some unusual covers like Ants Marching by Dave Matthews and Kashmir by Led Zepp.

Plus there were tons of hot country chicks.

If Chance The Rapper’s tour hasn’t come through your town yet and tickets aren’t sold out, you should really make an effort to go. It was the first hip-hop show in Los Angeles in a while where I’ve seen the entire crowd actually appear to give a shit about the performance they paid to see. That’s insanely rare. Dude’s got great energy and stage presence.

It was just announced that Kanye West’s YEEZUS tour will swing by Copenhagen June 27th. I am so pumped for this. I saw him and Jay at the WTT concert in Denmark in 2012 - I have been waiting for him to swing around solo for ages.

Seeing him, CL and maybe Tone live in the span of 2014 is the most amazing thing that has happened. Wow.

Sadistik will be making a stop in my area on his tour, plus Maulskull (another rapper I really like) will be performing too.

I usually don’t go to shows unless there are more than a couple of my favorite artists performing on the bill, which is rare but I might go to this show because Maulskull and Sadistik are both incredibly dope.

7/13 Stanhope NJ The Stanhope House
7/14 Brooklyn NY The Paper Box

I’ve noticed a lot of rappers performing at The Stanhope House lately. Lived in NJ all my life and I’m just now hearing about this place. Although I live in NJ, I think I’m closer to Brooklyn, NY than Stanhope, NJ. But if I do the Jersey show, I avoid the Tunnel cost and the Parking Garage cost which I always do when I go to NYC.

Sage Francis is also performing in Stanhope, NJ and NYC in May.

I wish I didn’t have to fly thousands of miles to see my favorite artists perform. Sad

Numonic said:Sadistik will be making a stop in my area on his tour, plus Maulskull (another rapper I really like) will be performing too.

I usually don’t go to shows unless there are more than a couple of my favorite artists performing on the bill, which is rare but I might go to this show because Maulskull and Sadistik are both incredibly dope.

7/13 Stanhope NJ The Stanhope House
7/14 Brooklyn NY The Paper Box

I’ve noticed a lot of rappers performing at The Stanhope House lately. Lived in NJ all my life and I’m just now hearing about this place. Although I live in NJ, I think I’m closer to Brooklyn, NY than Stanhope, NJ. But if I do the Jersey show, I avoid the Tunnel cost and the Parking Garage cost which I always do when I go to NYC.

Sage Francis is also performing in Stanhope, NJ and NYC in May.

Nice. I’m thinking about going to the sadistik/cage show in Texas in August.

riz said:I wish I didn’t have to fly thousands of miles to see my favorite artists perform. Sad

simple fix: move to america Smile

riz said:I wish I didn’t have to fly thousands of miles to see my favorite artists perform. Sad

Not all my favorite artists live in the USA. I have some in New Zealand and Australia.

Numonic said:

Not all my favorite artists live in the USA. I have some in New Zealand and Australia.

Oh shit, well then you should just give your favorite artists to riz so they can be his

Worm whatsup? You’ve been our snappy problem solver lately.

your comment sounded silly so i was a smartass. APOLOGEEEEEZ

Wise ol worm

It’s all good.

Hey there’s going to be a Fallen Angelz reunion show this month. Dope.

2014050137_6SFGFX.jpg

saw Young Fathers on Saturday and they were amazing live. full of energy, showing up the crowd on how to dance, and doing slightly different arrangements of their songs (which is always a plus for me).... highly recommend seeing them if you get a chance.

I’m seeing OutKast this weekend at Firefly Festival. Someone pinch me, feels like I’m dreaming.

The Trashman said:I’m seeing OutKast this weekend at Firefly Festival. Someone pinch me, feels like I’m dreaming.

So how was it?! I’m in the same boat right now—seeing Outkast in about ten hours and I have the kid-on-Christmas-Eve jitters!! Been an amazing summer of shows so far. Saw the Roots in June and that was incredible, as always… So stoked to see Outkast and whoever else shows up. It’s OVO fest, so you never really know the entire lineup until you get there. This is the non-Drake day though lol… Wink I may not be a fan of Drake’s music, but I totally appreciate this festival and that I get to see Outkast!!

I saw SHAGGY the other nite. Dude was actually pretty fun to watch.

Finally saw Eisley this year. I had high hopes, but the band was much better than I’d even expected.

Ummm… and I went to Lollapalooza (Outkast, Eminem, Killer Mike and El-P, Nas, Childish Gambino, missed Chance, but I moved to Chicago earlier this year so I’ll see him some time, Temper Trap, San Fermin, Papa, Grouplove, little bit of Lykke Li, Foster The People, Betty Who, and… shit, some other people that I probably forgot). That was cool.

On the real, though, I saw Eminem because I liked his last album, and I don’t trust he’ll do another one that I’m a fan of. It’d be nice, but I figured that Phantogram will be around for a while. I wan’t disappointed. He performed like it was something he used to stave off drugs.
Outkast was one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. It was the second show I’ve been to where I was so geeked I ended up rapping along the whole time (CL was the other). If Em was an hour and a half of raw energy, ‘Kast was an hour and forty-five of high production polished perfection. These cats brought out their dam liner notes. Everyone from Sleepy Brown, to Joi, to Debra Killings. Live band, fireworks, girls from the crowd. Back and forth banter, clowning, and fun all the way around. I mean, when I think of that show, my thought is “I saw a bunch of other shit that weekend. It was cool, but I saw The Muthafuckin’ Outkast!”

I saw Outkast at Firefly in July. Not saying they were bad but the performance was very raw, you could tell they hadn’t been touring long.

Did they improve throughout the summer maybe? or perhaps I just had bad luck?

Andre had to stop doing one of the songs because noone could hear him at all and his voice kept cracking. He then leaned into the mic and said “I’ll get the courage to do this someday, I swear!”. Lots of people left after that happened lol. I’m still happy I saw them but it was a little rough. Tegan and Sara showed them up that day.

Interesting. Their performance was polished and refined by the time Lolla hit. I’d heard some reports of their earlier shows (Cochella, for one) not being all that great. They both seemed comfortable, and through their chemistry, like they’d been doing it for years without stop. I guess it took a while for them to get back into the swing of things.

Dr_Gonzo said:Interesting. Their performance was polished and refined by the time Lolla hit. I’d heard some reports of their earlier shows (Cochella, for one) not being all that great. They both seemed comfortable, and through their chemistry, like they’d been doing it for years without stop. I guess it took a while for them to get back into the swing of things.

I was at Coachella weekend 2 and the show was much more smooth than the first week’s performance. So I guess you were just unlucky, Trashman?

damn I’m jealous of you guys seeing outkast!

Sadistik came to where I live last weekend so I got to see him, cage, and maulskull… turned out to be an awesome fuckin show… got to talk to him after the show for awhile and he said he’s already working on his next album Smile

Going to see Common in Bristol, Epic?

moto748 said:Going to see Common in Bristol, Epic?

Common is a fantastic live performer. Even freestyles live! You’ll have a blast.

I haven’t got tickets yet but I’d be up for it. I imagine Scott A will fancy it too..