close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

General Discussion Recent purchases

Post anything from CDs, movies, games, books, concert tickets, whatever…

Bought this drive slipcover last night.

img_3968a.jpg

I’m starting a movie collection so I’ve been buying a lot of movies recently. I’ll post a pic of my most recent movie hauls when I get home from work.

NIKE_AIR_FORCE_1_COURT_PURPLE_WHITE_2.jpg

These are the last non-food item I bought.

Here are my blu ray hauls so far this month

IMAG0139.jpg

IMAG0142.jpg

Just bought a Macbook Pro and it broke within 20 minutes haha

Currently waiting for it to be fixed.

^ Dammit, I love Cabin in the Woods so much. Fuck, I hate Prometheus so much.
The last three things I bought and have been reading are:

world-war-z-audiobook.jpg
GRRM-Clash_of_Kings.jpg
American-Gods.jpg

@Epic Awesome cover. I should re-watch this movie, can’t remember anything but I know I liked it.

@JTX That’s one awesome selection ! I re-watched Se7en the other day, forgot how good it was.

Here’s my recent purchase (the midi controller):

dsc0165mv.jpg

Always wanted to read American Gods. Great picks on the movies.

Just bought the issues of Sin City “A Dame To Kill For” on ebay. I cannot find a good picture though.

JLee said:^ Dammit, I love Cabin in the Woods so much. Fuck, I hate Prometheus so much.
The last three things I bought and have been reading are:

world-war-z-audiobook.jpg
GRRM-Clash_of_Kings.jpg
American-Gods.jpg


American Gods is dope. One of my favorites. HBO is looking into making it a mini-series.

JTX> If you liked The Departed, I’d strongly recommend the film it’s based on, Infernal Affairs.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338564/

Don’t know what happened there.

2923368829_bd68afaa24.jpg

made the poster at posterdog… hanging in my office (pretty lawyerly)

My most recent buy was Gas mask by The left.

moto748 said:JTX> If you liked The Departed, I’d strongly recommend the film it’s based on, Infernal Affairs.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338564/

I’ll check it out, thanks.

jfvtx0.jpg

Audio Technica ATLP120 Direct Drive Turntable. (had it for almost a month now)

I absolutely love it. It was exactly what I was looking for. If you are somebody looking to get a record player with great sound quality I highly suggest it. I don’t do any DJing at the moment, and no real plans on doing so in the future. I do plan on messing with scratching, etc just to amuse myself though. That Oddisee haze “People Hear What They See” vinyl is relatively new purchase as well.

AND… I FINALLY worked out a deal with someone for the Oneirology 2XLP vinyl! Just shipped from France today so it will be awhile before that arrives.

SCRATCHINlikeDJS said:jfvtx0.jpg

Audio Technica ATLP120 Direct Drive Turntable. (had it for almost a month now)

I absolutely love it. It was exactly what I was looking for. If you are somebody looking to get a record player with great sound quality I highly suggest it. I don’t do any DJing at the moment, and no real plans on doing so in the future. I do plan on messing with scratching, etc just to amuse myself though. That Oddisee haze “People Hear What They See” vinyl is relatively new purchase as well.

AND… I FINALLY worked out a deal with someone for the Oneirology 2XLP vinyl! Just shipped from France today so it will be awhile before that arrives.

I’ve been looking into buying a turntable. I have alot of records and no way to play them. I really like that one and it seems like a reasonable price on amazon. I don’t know too much about the things I would need to hook it up, will it just hook up to a regular stereo or do I need an amp or something like that?

JTX said:I’ve been looking into buying a turntable. I have alot of records and no way to play them. I really like that one and it seems like a reasonable price on amazon. I don’t know too much about the things I would need to hook it up, will it just hook up to a regular stereo or do I need an amp or something like that?

Look no further. I GUARANTEE that you will not be dissapointed if you buy this one. The only flaws I saw with online reviews were with people that were doing really intense scratching or people who wanted a fully automatic record player. I don’t fall in either of those categories. Also the RCA cables are not detachable which is kinda lame, but if you keep it in the same place and take care of it its a non-issue. All you need to hook it up is a receiver and speakers. If you have the right set up it sounds AWESOME. The cartridge that comes stock is very good quality. Of course you could upgrade the cartridge to get it to sound even better but unless your a die hard must have the best audiphile the way it comes is perfectly fine.

Good review by DJ BOOTH

Like the dude says in the review “for the price, for the money you really can’t get a better turntable brand new fresh out of the box” that basically sums it up.

Today’s haul

IMAG0237.jpg

Plus I ordered these but they haven’t arrived yet

c604d00341dae352073daa1bc1de74bd.jpg

aa6bb6d9f8fcc96c1cf4e6963901b0ca.jpg

Halo_4_box_artwork.png

and

PillowPosterWeb-794522.jpg

(play in book format of course)

Cabin In The Woods blu ray

Haven’t watched it yet though..

TexasUnderground1 said:Cabin In The Woods blu ray

Haven’t watched it yet though..

fuckin awesome movie. Dont read anything about it. It’s one of those movies u gotta go into blind (metaphorically speaking).

40a37e7843da11e2ba2d22000a1f97cd_7.jpg

IMAG0301.jpg

Not pictured - far cry 3, and the walking dead game that was with the book.

I finally got a new phone after having the same phone for 4 years. I just got the Samsung Galaxy S 2. The phone I was using up until today was a flip phone, a black berry pearl. I was feeling like the last person on earth without a smart phone. Finally got a smart phone.

+1 to always wanted to read American Gods

c_13_3FT6_slv_5.png

JTX said:IMAG0634.jpg

IMAG0636.jpg

where does one go to acquire the better looking steelbook(?) variant of the Looper bluray?!

edit: just looked on ebay. nevermind. fuck that noise.

JLee said:

JTX said:IMAG0634.jpg

IMAG0636.jpg

where does one go to acquire the better looking steelbook(?) variant of the Looper bluray?!

edit: just looked on ebay. nevermind. fuck that noise.

I got mine in a group buy on another site. It was $36. I’m hoping to get the skyfall steelbook but I don’t know if it’s region locked or not. If it’s region free I’ll be all over it.

The walking dead comics are badass. I’m a huge fan of both the show and the comic. If you’re a fan of Mayer Hawthorne and vinyl you should like this badass 7’ boxset for How Do You Do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL7Y5_p_49g

I plan on scoopin it within the next couple of days. They made 2013 of them.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Bought this two weeks ago and loving it so far. Has every thing: Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Keeping & Auto Parallel parking. It can basically drive itself Smile

Just had these slip covers made

SDC10003_zpsdc10f2a6.jpg