04. Where Are You Now?
05. The Invisible Man f. Nemo Achida
06. The Actress
07. Dark Night
08. Static
09. Let It Go
10. Glow True

[BUY NOW]

Built To Fade features vocals from Dane Ferguson, Zoë Wick & Anna Wise (of Sonnymoon) & production by Kno (of CunninLynguists).

I’m behind on the podcasts and didn’t catch the one where he annouced this. Which podcast is it in?... and did he mention a timetable for release?

SCRATCHINlikeDJS said:Which podcast is it in?

http://qn5.com/blog/entry/podcast-tacos-chocolate-milk-episode-21-kno-of-cunninlynguists/

SCRATCHINlikeDJS said:and did he mention a timetable for release?

Nope.

HOLY SHIT.

Did this just become my most anticipated release? I think it may very well have done.

Isn’t Zoe Wick the one who did the “Love Ain’t” cover?

^ yup i think you’re right, i love having new music projects to look forward to!

jinx8402 said:Isn’t Zoe Wick the one who did the “Love Ain’t” cover?

yup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGYZzgM8nQ8

Yeah I wonder if this is a result of that video or if Kno knew her before. Either way it’s very exciting. Anything involving Anna Wise is ridiculous too.

Oh shit, i was browsing the forums while listening to the podcast, and like 30 seconds after Kno said ‘just keep this between the listeners of the podcast, don’t g post it on a blog’, i saw this thread. Made me laugh so hard!

Anyways, i look forward a lot to this record!

time to go steal the twitter handle so they have to use Built2Fade/BuiltToFade2013/BuiltToFadeOnDatAss/YoMamaSoFatSheBuiltToFade

houstonz said:YoMamaSoFatSheBuiltToFade

sry pimp thats my account follow me @yomamasofatshebuilttofade iiiight

This album is gonna be incredible. Kno has a great talent for singing so it should be dope.

I’m a big fan of talented hip hop producers teaming up with female vocalists kinda like what blue sky black death did with yes alexander in slow burning lights and Stoupe teaming up with liz fullerton on Dutch and lorrie doriza on Vespertina. Those collaborations were very well done and its looking like built to fade might sound somewhat similar, or maybe not but either way im digging the collaboration concept.

Tbh, I didn’t really like zoe wick on the love ain’t cover. Still really excited for the album though, and I’m sure she could grow on me after listening to her more.

Edit - listening to it again right now and I remember now, I liked her verses alright but the chorus just sounded weird to me. Maybe its just that one song though, because she’s definitely not bad. Anyways, can’t wait to hear this album, hope it comes out next year.

Does anyone know about any further info on this project? I got a feeling that it might a really, really great record

I don’t think anything new has been said, but this is definitely one of my most anticipated releases of the year. Considering the people involved, I really don’t see how this could be anything short of amazing.

Zoe Wick I believe hinted towards its release on her Facebook page, but aside from that no announcements that I know of.

Well, at least we know name for one track Smile
WwlBMTK.jpg
kxj9tee.jpg
R49Xi0j.jpg

Dreamer said:Well, at least we know name for one track Smile
WwlBMTK.jpg
kxj9tee.jpg
R49Xi0j.jpg

He also posted other pics with “radiate” captioned with them. So “angel” and possibly “radiate”. I think this album is alot closer to coming out than we all think Smile

Kno said on twitter that the next few months are the most important of his career. I’m guessing it’ll be built to fade related or maybe catm. Or maybe he’s gearing up to announce he’s releasing 3 records this year: built to fade, sjv3, and catm. My god, imagine if all those + polymer and hyperrealism were released this year. I’m shaking just thinking about it.

^ Seeing that tweet got me more excited than I care to admit. I can’t wait to see which project he announces.

JTX said:Kno said on twitter that the next few months are the most important of his career. I’m guessing it’ll be built to fade related or maybe catm. Or maybe he’s gearing up to announce he’s releasing 3 records this year: built to fade, sjv3, and catm. My god, imagine if all those + polymer and hyperrealism were released this year. I’m shaking just thinking about it.

I don’t think the tweet is referring to just one thing, so it could very well involve one or more of these albums. But the sentence “in time everyone will know why” makes me think, that there is more to it; something that we haven’t heard about yet. An opportunity to work with a very big name perhaps?
No matter what, I’m super excited for him. 2013 looks extremely promising for QN5.

He may even be referring to things outside of music. You never kno Very Happy

I just randomly stumbled across this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8C_8wnterA
It doesn’t really give much away, but we do get a little bit of “behind the scene” footage from the video for “Angel”. Also, the credits at the end indicates that Dane Ferguson is the only one singing on this song.

Friis said:I just randomly stumbled across this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8C_8wnterA
It doesn’t really give much away, but we do get a little bit of “behind the scene” footage from the video for “Angel”. Also, the credits at the end indicates that Dane Ferguson is the only one singing on this song.

Dope man ! Nice find.
I hope we get some info on this soon ‘cus the wait is killing me. Especially after Kno said something big will happen for him in the next few months.

Supahbuldozer said:

I hope we get some info on this soon ‘cus the wait is killing me.

Yeah, me too. Out of all the craziness going on with QN5, this is probably my most anticipated project, at least at the moment.

I think an announcement is pretty close. Dane Ferguson’s cover photo on facebook is an absolutely awesome still from the video they recorded last summer accompanied by the text “soon”, and on twitter he said that he has new music and announcements on the way.

It’s the quietest before a storm!

If some of you want to get familiar with Zoë Wick’s music, she has just released a 3 track EP this month under the name “Secret Society”. It’s a group project, but she handles the entirety of the vocals.

Personally, I like her style a lot. Her voice is really unique and characteristic, and it will be interesting to see, what Kno is able to do with it.

Friis said:If some of you want to get familiar with Zoë Wick’s music, she has just released a 3 track EP this month under the name “Secret Society”. It’s a group project, but she handles the entirety of the vocals.

Personally, I like her style a lot. Her voice is really unique and characteristic, and it will be interesting to see, what Kno is able to do with it.

Yeah “unique” a good adjective for her voice and this project, but I really like it. “Shed your skin” especially.

5b5mwo.jpg

“Willie Sutton” single and video coming very soon. Computer blew up, had to fix it.

Kno said:5b5mwo.jpg

“Willie Sutton” single and video coming very soon. Computer blew up, had to fix it.

Yeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss