close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Kno Built To Fade - ‘To Dust’ Discussion Thread

JTX said:

The Trashman said:The vinyls should be going out soon, no?

I just got my shipping confirmation email today.

Same here.

If anyone happened to grab an extra vinyl, let me know. Went to order right as it sold out. Willing to $$$$ or trade something from my collection.

^ I’d possibly be willing to trade for something. I don’t have too many holes left to fill though, but maybe we can work somethin out. Shoot me an email patricklakinoneill@gmail.com

I got my vinyl in the mail yesterday, very nice addition to my growing collection. The colored vinyl looks great and so does the art.

Did anyone who ordered the vinyl get a tracking number? I got an email from bandcamp on the 7th saying the vinyl shipped, but never got a tracking number for it. Then I got an email this last Monday saying the cd/poster shipped and got a tracking number for that one. Hoping they just shipped them together in the same package.

^ Based on what I’ve heard from talking to a few others they shipped them together.

(I got mine yesterday…. its so beautiful Smile)
gunna spin it again tonight

The cd and vinyl were shipped together if you ordered them both. I just got mine yesterday. And I must say, I love the vinyl of this album. Wonderful record. I am PROUD to add this to my collection, and it plays beautifully. It is a 12” 45rpm, in case anyone gets confused. I know I was a bit confused at first when I got Death Is Silent in that format. lol

Fuck, got the cd today but not the vinyl.

Glow True is such a gorgeous song. I’ve loved it since I’ve heard it, but it keeps growing on me.

Anna’s vocals and lyrics shoot right up my spine.

Just had to revive this thread to point out that not only is this album probably my favorite album in a long time, but “To Dust” is probably one of the most beautiful songs ever. Really hope we get to hear more music from Built to Fade in the future.. or even just more music in a similar vein.

http://www.crankworx.com/les2alpes/en/events/slopestyle

there is a livestream here of a dirt bike jumpimg comp. they’re using The Invisible Man as segue music.

Just now revisited BTF for the first time in like two months. As I’m writing I’ve listened to it throughout twice again, and I think it’s safe to say that the first impression was not just a first timer.

Not often have I listened to an album that feels so complete. Not a single rhythm or melody is off - it is just perfectly executed. Every song has it’s own distinct sound, but the vibe throughout the album is consistent and creates this haunting feeling when listening to it as a whole.
From the looming guitar on To Dust to the beautiful female vocals coupled with a very fitting rap verse on Invisible Man to the chill vibe of Static, everything just seems so on purpose. It just feels like Kno, Dane, Anna and Zoe managed to encapsulate a feeling, a place and translate it to music.

And don’t even get me started about Where Are You Now… I honestly haven’t met a person yet who didn’t fall in love with that song the moment he/she heard it. It is the second most played song in my Spotify library. It is only behind The Gates and that says a lot since The Gates has been my favorite song ever since the first time I heard it.

This album is up there with the best of the best. Among the 10 best records I have ever heard. Please do not let this be your last collaboration.

Porsborg said:Just now revisited BTF for the first time in like two months. As I’m writing I’ve listened to it throughout twice again, and I think it’s safe to say that the first impression was not just a first timer.

Not often have I listened to an album that feels so complete. Not a single rhythm or melody is off - it is just perfectly executed. Every song has it’s own distinct sound, but the vibe throughout the album is consistent and creates this haunting feeling when listening to it as a whole.
From the looming guitar on To Dust to the beautiful female vocals coupled with a very fitting rap verse on Invisible Man to the chill vibe of Static, everything just seems so on purpose. It just feels like Kno, Dane, Anna and Zoe managed to encapsulate a feeling, a place and translate it to music.

And don’t even get me started about Where Are You Now… I honestly haven’t met a person yet who didn’t fall in love with that song the moment he/she heard it. It is the second most played song in my Spotify library. It is only behind The Gates and that says a lot since The Gates has been my favorite song ever since the first time I heard it.

This album is up there with the best of the best. Among the 10 best records I have ever heard. Please do not let this be your last collaboration.

I need to revisit it again as well. Really hope they do another album in the future, and get some peter anthony red on there Smile

I heard through the grapevine that this will not be the only BTF project.

I just spun this album the other night. So beautiful. A truly amazing album.

SCRATCHINlikeDJS said:I heard through the grapevine that this will not be the only BTF project.

I just spun this album the other night. So beautiful. A truly amazing album.

Confirmed.

Zoe Wick posted a snippet on Facebook titled BTF2.

Very Happy

Singers are gonna have the dopest Hip Hop beats instead of rappers.. again.

Can’t wait!

DOPE DOPE DOPE DOPE DOPE DOPE DOPE DOPE

Just wanted to say that this is still one of my favorite albums to listen to. Where Are You Now is probably still one of the best songs I’ve heard in the past 5-10 years and the album is overall just incredibly consistent and cohesive.

Also, I can not wait to hear BTF 2.

BTF2 is great news. And I couldn’t agree more with Porsborg’s comments; I’ve said similar myself abut QN5 releases, Peace or Power is another golden case in point, the sheer care and attention to detail that has gone into shines through.

Zoe Wick apparently stopped by Dirty Decibel Studios recently. I hope it was not just to tear down the end of that Mourning Glory track on Sadistik’s Salo Sessions.

Revision said:Zoe Wick apparently stopped by Dirty Decibel Studios recently. I hope it was not just to tear down the end of that Mourning Glory track on Sadistik’s Salo Sessions.

Pretty sure I saw her post a picture in-studio talking about a Sadistik collab a couple/few months ago, so this must be newness. <3

Sounds like Ana Wise isn’t part of the upcoming album. Seems all the announcements recently only mention Kno, Dane and Zoe.

Revision said:New Built to Fade…kinda.
https://soundcloud.com/ineffable-music/fck-yourself

Not mind-blowingly creative, but I bought it

Dane, Zoe, and Fjer are doing a FREE show in LA on the 21st. I’m super jelly of you Californians.

houstonz said:Dane, Zoe, and Fjer are doing a FREE show in LA on the 21st. I’m super jelly of you Californians.

Yeah-jealous. Hope this is a tuneup for a tour.