Please login

Forgot your password?

General Discussion Movies in 2013

Man of steel - 6/14/13

e0b0d0dac3206009655516efe8cbc49e.jpg

New trailer -
http://youtu.be/KVu3gS7iJu4

Director: Zack Snyder
Writers: David S. Goyer (screenplay), David S. Goyer (story), Joe Shuster (characters), Jerry Siegel (characters)
Stars: Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner, Laurence Fishburne, Julia Ormond, Antje Traue
Release Date: June 14, 2013 (USA)
Budget: $175,000,000 (estimated)
Synopsis: In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time. Clark Kent/Kal-El (Henry Cavill) is a young twenty-something journalist who feels alienated by powers beyond his imagination. Transported years ago to Earth from Krypton, a highly advanced, distant planet, Clark struggles with the ultimate question ‘Why am I here?’ Shaped by the values of his adoptive parents Martha (Diane Lane) and Jonathan Kent (Kevin Costner), Clark discovers having extraordinary abilities means making difficult decisions. When the world is in dire need of stability, an even greater threat emerges. Clark must become a Man of Steel, to protect the people he loves and shine as the world’s beacon of hope – Superman.

The IMAX release of Man of Steel will be digitally re-mastered into the image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience with proprietary IMAX DMR (Digital Re-mastering) technology. The crystal-clear images coupled with IMAX’s customized theatre geometry and powerful digital audio create a unique environment that will make audiences feel as if they are in the movie.

Only god forgives - 5/23/13

719cc58de2d682e1cc0481e806a14dd9.jpg

Director: Nicolas Winding Refn
Writer: Nicolas Winding Refn (screenplay)
Stars: Ryan Gosling, Kristin Scott Thomas, Tom Burke, Yayaying, Vithaya Pansringarm, Gordon Brown, Joe Cummings, Oak Keerati
Release Date: May 23, 2013
Synopsis: Julian, an Englishman living in Bangkok, is a respected figure in the criminal underworld. He and his brother Billy run a Thai boxing club which is in fact a front for smuggling drugs to London.

When Billy is murdered, their mother Jenna arrives from London to bring back the body. Jenna is herself the head of a powerful criminal organization and is used to getting exactly what she wants.

She sets out to settle the score along a bloody path of rage, betrayal, and vengeance, hurtling toward an ultimate confrontation and the possibility of redemption.

The place beyond the pines - 3/29/13

fbe75481a815b66bf716e8da1110ad40.jpg

473708ad61209271fc3af12710c925ea.jpg

Director: Derek Cianfrance
Writers: Derek Cianfrance, Ben Coccio, Darius Marder
Stars: Ryan Gosling, Bradley Cooper, Rose Byrne, Eva Mendes, Ray Liotta, Bruce Greenwood
Release Date: March 29, 2013
Synopsis: Luke (Gosling) is a professional motorcycle rider who turns to bank robberies to support his newborn son, but when he crosses paths with a rookie police officer (Cooper) their violent confrontation spirals into a tense generational feud. The Place Beyond the Pines is a rich dramatic thriller that traces the intersecting lives of fathers and sons, cops and robbers, heroes and villain.

I read the script to only god forgives a couple weeks ago, it’s gonna be a crazy ass movie. Can’t wait for it. And that super man trailer looks epic.

PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM PACIFIC RIM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vKz7WnU83E

MOTHER FUCKING ROCKET PUNCH TO THE KAIJU’S FACE!

Not a movie but you know what movie I want to see made? An Inception prequel. Basically because first time I saw that movie it bothered me how they just have this science/technology to have people communicate in dreams, but then again The Matrix did the same thing. They basically just need to make a movie explaining how that’s possible. Hey they could call it Oneiorology and Cunninlynguists could be on the soundtrack and Kno could do the score.

evil_dead-poster1.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvDLWlxxcak

If aren’t excited to see this movie, then I don’t ever want to be friends with you. EVER!

TREE RAPE!

^^^^ this

also the new cohen brothers looks legit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFphYRyH7wc

It just a February month & we saw some amazing movies till now & there are also more amazing movies to see in 2013.

ironmanyahooposter.jpg

Gonna be a great summer with iron man 3 and man of steel

Needs more shwarma.

pre-screening of man of steel, critics say it is the best movie of 2013…

2 by four said:pre-screening of man of steel, critics say it is the best movie of 2013…

“Best movie of 2013” doesn’t really mean anything to me when said in march. :p
Also, didn’t “the critics” say something similar for The Dark Knight Rises ? Because I thought it was pretty disappointing.

I don’t know if anyone said it yet, but this is the movie I’m expecting the most this year :
the-worlds-end-poster-new.jpg

^ I’m looking forward to that and Anchorman 2 this year. That’s about it.

Supahbuldozer said:

I don’t know if anyone said it yet, but this is the movie I’m expecting the most this year :
the-worlds-end-poster-new.jpg

My number 1 anticipated movie this year Very Happy

^^^Can’t wait for that one. I love shaun of the dead. My most anticipated for the year:

The place beyond the pines
Only god forgives
Man of steel
Iron man 3
Kick ass 2: Balls to the wall
Sin city 2: A dame to kill for
12 years a slave
The world’s end
The hobbit: The desolation of smaug

^^ That list, minus the Hobbit. Plus:

Welcome to the Punch
Upstream Color (weirdest fuckin trailer i have seen in a while)
Elsyium
The Iceman
Machete Kills
Carrie and Evil Dead (even tho i fuckin hate remakes)

2 by four said:
Upstream Color (weirdest fuckin trailer i have seen in a while)

I went to a screening of Primer last week where Shane Carruth and a quantum physicist talked about time travel for over an hour. Pure bliss.

He just did a screening and Q&A with Rian Johnson at the same theater last night for Upstream Color. Can’t wait to see that shit.

Poo on all of you not being excited about Stoker. Park Chan Wook’s first American film.

Primer is fuckin crazy. And yea, Stoker is on my radar. I think Wentworth Miller penned that (Main dude from Prison Break). Can’t fuck with Park Chan Wook directing.

and for the comic fans new iron man 3 trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEIVPiTuYkQ

hulkbuster bitches

That Hulkbuster and the moment he jumps into his armor from freefall. I just can’t…
Also, is he getting Extremis armor surgery in one shot?

I love you, Marvel Cinematic Universe, with all my heart.

Kick-Ass 2 red band trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJFGh8QG1SA

good to see the director isnt straying to far from Vaughn’s directorial style.

Love the kick ass 2 trailer

Can’t wait to see place beyond the pines in 2 weeks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfZsy9fDMHM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

^ I’m really looking forward to “This Is The End.” Looks funny as hail.

Yup, I loved pineapple express, I’m sure this will be just as good. If not then at least we get to see rihanna die.

attachment.jpg

Behind the soulful new ‘Man of Steel’

The makers of Man of Steel had to start thinking like a cadre of supervillains: how do you get under Superman’s invincible skin and really make him hurt?

This week’s cover story reveals how the new film (out June 14) attempts to humanize the superhuman by finding new flaws and vulnerabilities. The most common one, however, was off the table: “I’ll be honest with you, there’s no Kryptonite in the movie,” says director Zack Snyder (300, Watchmen) Those glowing green space rocks – Superman’s only crippling weakness – have turned up so often as a plot point in movies, the only fresh option was not to use it. Anyway, if you want to make an audience relate to a character, a galactic allergy isn’t the way to do it.

Henry Cavill (Immortals), the latest star to wear the red cape, instead plays a Superman who isn’t fully comfortable with that god-like title. This film reveals that even on Krypton, young Kal-El was a special child, whose birth was cause for alarm on his home planet. (More on that in the magazine) And once on Earth, his adoptive parents, Ma and Pa Kent (Kevin Costner and Diane Lane), urge him not to use his immense strength – even in dire emergencies — warning that not every human would be as accepting of him as they are. So Clark Kent grows up feeling isolated, longing for a connection to others, and constantly hiding who he is. As a result, Man of Steel presents the frustrated Superman, the angry Superman, the lost Superman. “Although he is not susceptible to the frailties of mankind, he is definitely susceptible to the emotional frailties,” Cavill says.

That’s just the set-up. Once the Kryptonian villain General Zod (Boardwalk Empire’s Michael Shannon) arrives to threaten the Earth, eventually the passionate Superman steps forward, too. It helps that he has a reason to care about the home he’s defending, and we can all thank Amy Adams’ Lois Lane for that. “I think she’s very transient. She’s ready to pick up and go at a moment’s notice,” Adams says of the hard-bitten journalist. “I think that definitely could be part of what she sees in Superman — not really laying down roots, not developing trust.”

Based on footage EW has seen, the film (which was directed by Zack Snyder and shepherded by Christopher Nolan) has plenty of building-smashing, train-slinging, heat-vision-blasting battles to cut through the emotional heaviness. “You want to give the audience great spectacle. You want them to go to the movie, be eating their popcorn and be like, ‘Wow!’” says Man of Steel producer Chuck Roven, who also worked on The Dark Knight trilogy. “But it’s just not good enough to give them the ‘Wow.’ You want them to be emotionally engaged. Because if you just have the ‘wow,’ ultimately you get bludgeoned by that and you stop caring.”

Those who’ve long felt the super-confident, super-controlled Superman has gotten super dull may be glad to see him finally challenged in ways that go beyond bullets bouncing off of his chest.
http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/04/10/th…3A+PopWatch)

Trance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ-qYX9Oz1c

peeping this tonight. Anyone check it out yet?

edit: movie was meh. U do see full frontal of Rosario Dawson tho. Even hear the clippers going… sorry spoiler alert

JTX said:New man of steel trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6DJcgm3wNY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

that opening shot is pretty fuckin bind blowing. And Michael Shannon is gonna crush that role.