close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

Substantial Substantial and Apollo Brown?

Has this happened and I missed it? Or is there a chance for a collabo in the future?

Is this a random thought, or did I miss something?

binarystar89 said:Is this a random thought, or did I miss something?

random thought, they are both mello music so its not totally random. i think it would be dope.

It would definitely be dope. I didn’t realize Apollo Brown was with Mello Music Group.

binarystar89 said:It would definitely be dope. I didn’t realize Apollo Brown was with Mello Music Group.

Yeah him and Oddisee are the two primary people on that label. If Substantial keeps working with mello music group it’s bound to happen. Apollo has produced something for just about everyone that has released something with them. As of right now though there are none with them together… (that I know of anyway) I know MMG will be releasing another group effort this year so maybe they will end up on a track together. (we can hope)

I really think they would mesh well. Mello Music has already made a name for themselves with a number of solid-to-great albums. Apollo & Stan though, bong bong.

The Trashman said:I really think they would mesh well. Mello Music has already made a name for themselves with a number of solid-to-great albums. Apollo & Stan though, bong bong.

Agreed. My guess would be if we saw a Stan + MMG producer project it would be with Oddisee given him executive producing “HIWTAI”. Oh how I would love an Apollo + Stan project though.

Apollo Brown has killed it the last few years with his awesome crazy production. The Left, The Reset, Collabs with Guilty Simpson, OC, Hassaan Mackey, he stays busy and all those albums have classics.

Lately ive been bumpin the shit out of “the cook up” from his collab with Guilty, check that shit out

I would love to see Substantial work with L’Orange and Apollo brown. Either one would work for me. Actually in all honesty I would be fine if Substantial only worked with Oddisee if were talking producers from Mello Music Group. As much as I love L’Orange and Apollo brown, I definitely think that Oddisee is the most talented producer from MMG.

L’Orange and Stan tweeted props to each other recently, so a collab isn’t unheard of. I think hearing Stan over a L’Orange beat or an Apollo Brown joint is more a matter of “when” than “if”.