close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

General Discussion TV in 2013

I don’t understand why they did the season like that, pretend like Governor was turning a new leaf and all for nothing…..like why not just have them fight it out the first time. Just think it was weird that people he just met were willing to fight but the people he’d known and ruled over were unwilling to go to war with the prison.

So is season 4 actually worth watching? Curious if I should give it another shot.
I keep hearing it’s a good season and that they got their shit together, but I’ve heard that every year and don’t think I should have to wait 4 years for a show to get consistently good either.

I think everything except the couple of Governor-centric episodes were good. I found his two episodes (especially the first one) to be overwhelmingly boring.

The Trashman said:I don’t understand why they did the season like that, pretend like Governor was turning a new leaf and all for nothing…..like why not just have them fight it out the first time.

THIS. I told my gf yesterday that the prison falling should of been the end of season 3. Those episodes focused on the Governor or “Brian” were basically pointless.

I can’t remember exactly because I was high as hell watching this show, but did he snap bad again as soon as that little girl died? Or did she die after he was already planning to attack the prison? I can’t remember. If it’s the former then that would explain using those episodes to make us think he was going to change and show his growing attachment to the new girl around the same age of his daughter. Then her death is what set him off again. Like I said though my memory is hazy and I can’t remember when she died exactly.

I can understand why the new group would be on board to take the prison. The people of Woodbury had safety and security. Convincing them to go attack a place for revenge purposes was a stretch. His new group had a bunch of RVs with no protection. If I lived in an RV during the zombie apocalypse and some badass with an eye patch and another guy with a tank told me that we could snatch this prison with gates surrounding it I’d be on board.

Pretty much addicted to SUITS right now.

Terrific two-part programme on the BBC on the history of the blues. Some fantastic archive footage; Muddy Waters, Howling Wolf, John Le Hooker. A piece of American history and the foundations of just about all modern popular music.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03kk1j7

To be clear, not that I claim to be an expert at all! Smile