close

Join the QN5 community

close

Please login

Forgot your password?

General Discussion TV in 2013

I expect a healthy amount of Game of Thrones discussion on here after tonight’s episode or I am disappoint.

Arrested Development is good but the constant recycling of scenes is a bit annoying.

As for GoT, I don’t know what there is to say but “...Damn”.

JLee said:I expect a healthy amount of Game of Thrones discussion on here after tonight’s episode or I am disappoint.

I’m still on the 2nd season, I’ll probably have it finished up tomorrow night. I guess I better stay out of this thread to stay away from spoilers Smile

JLee said:I expect a healthy amount of Game of Thrones discussion on here after tonight’s episode or I am disappoint.

Holy fucking shit.

I think that just affected me more than anything I’ve watched in as long as I can remember. Shivers all up my spine and even teared a little. Very well done.

Darkest scene I’ve seen on TV maybe ever. The last 10-15 minutes of last nights episode of GoT will stick with me for a long time, plus they had 2 epic sword fights with Jon Snow and Bran vs wildlings and then Grey Worm, Jorah and Daarioscene breaking in to sack that city not to mention the final scene.

Next week’s episode should be just as epic, hoping one of those Frey fucks IDs Arya and the Hound has to battle. I hate those Freys.

2 episodes left right?

2 by four said:2 episodes left right?

One.

Spoilers ahead

Seriously

Look away

Here’s the salt for everyone’s wound: Right before having all the life sucked out of her and watching her son die in front of her eyes, Catelyn believed that Bran and Rickon were killed, Arya presumed dead as no one has heard from her and Sansa a captive of the Lannisters. She died believing pretty much all her natural born children were dead. Depressing…

SPOILERS^^^^^^ SAY SPOILERS AND GIVE SOME SPACE BEFORE SAYING THAT DUDE LOL

Minor Spoilers below this point too:

JLee said:

Here’s the salt for everyone’s wound: Depressing…

^ I thought about that last night after seeing it, and Arya was so close to being reunited too. All I know is the Freys/Boltons are dumbasses for letting themselves be used by the Lannisters and the Lannisters didn’t even need to get their hands dirty. Frey was the scumbag who agreed to carry that shit out. I hope the Hound cuts some Frey slime on his way out of town with Arya on next week’s season finale.

^^true. Edited. My bad on that part

Shows I’m getting in to this summer:

Falling Skies (returning this Sunday June 9. Am I the only one following this show?)

Newsroom (returning in July 14th)

Continuum (returning tonight!!! 10 PM. holy crap I almost missed that. I knew it was returning soon but not tonight. Very cool.)

Breaking Bad (July 15)

I’m still sleeping on Game of Thrones.

i thought breaking bad comes back in august?

My bad. You’re right, I read wrong. Breaking bad returns in August.

JLee said:

One.

Spoilers ahead

Seriously

Look away

Here’s the salt for everyone’s wound: Right before having all the life sucked out of her and watching her son die in front of her eyes, Catelyn believed that Bran and Rickon were killed, Arya presumed dead as no one has heard from her and Sansa a captive of the Lannisters. She died believing pretty much all her natural born children were dead. Depressing…

Here’s a little more salt: it can be argued Robb warged into Greywind before he died, meaning he saw Arya out there in the mayhem and probably thought she was going to die too. When Orell died, he warged into an eagle and attacked Jon, so it’s possible Robb was trying to warg into Greywind and attack the Freys/Boltons. In the order of the scenes presented in the show, Rob gets shot and falls down unconscious, Greywind flips his shit and tries to escape his cage but is killed, and Rob stands up. In the books, it’s implied that Robb regularly wargs into Greywind (he will sit motionless for hours not responding to anything while GW goes around finding trails for the army and stuff) and IIRC his last words in the books were “Greywind”, not “Mother”.

However if you read the books you know that

SUPER SPOILERS NOT IN THE SHOW YET ONLY IN THE BOOKS

SERIOUSLY IT HAS TO DO WITH A MAJOR CHARACTER

OKAY HERE GOES SPOILERS

you can eventually take some vengeful pleasure in seeing Catelyn resurrected three days after The Red Wedding by Beric Dondarrion and becoming Lady Stoneheart. I’m expecting a lot of people to enjoy her taking control of the Brotherhood without Banners to go around killing everyone she thinks is responsible for the death of her family.

I’m thinking of cancelling my Netflix subscription. I have enough stuff to watch in August on cable. Plus I haven’t really found anything good on Netflix in months. I tried to give Nikita a chance becuase it was the best on the list of stuff Netflix recommended for watchers of 24. I made it through the first season but I just couldn’t bring myself to watch any more seasons. I tried to give “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” a chance to as some episodes I caught on cable were kind of funny but it gets dry fast. I have to decide before the month is up which is in a couple of days. The last thing I really liked on Netflix was 24. Yeah I think this will be the last month I pay for Netflix.

Numonic said:I’m thinking of cancelling my Netflix subscription. I have enough stuff to watch in August on cable. Plus I haven’t really found anything good on Netflix in months. I tried to give Nikita a chance becuase it was the best on the list of stuff Netflix recommended for watchers of 24. I made it through the first season but I just couldn’t bring myself to watch any more seasons. I tried to give “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” a chance to as some episodes I caught on cable were kind of funny but it gets dry fast. I have to decide before the month is up which is in a couple of days. The last thing I really liked on Netflix was 24. Yeah I think this will be the last month I pay for Netflix.

Try to watch the netflix series “orange is the new black” before it expires, really good show. I also heard “house of cards” is really good but I haven’t started it yet.

Yeah I saw the advertisement for “orange is the new black” and read the description. I think that was the one show I was going to try before I cancel. I’ll give it a try. I watched the first episode of “house of cards” but it was by mistake, I was trying to watch “house of lies” which is on Showtime not Netflix and got the names mixed up. I didn’t really like either show (cards nor lies) after watching the first episode of each.

JLee algorithms says if you liked 24, then you should watch Luther starring Idris Elba and Ruth Wilson then shut up about Netflix not having anything you like. Sincerely, guy with 225 things in his Netflix instant queue.

Side note: I’ve never watched 24, they just both have cops with guns and crime as far as I’m concerned.

personally I LOVED House of Cards.

I’ll be starting “Orange is the New Black” soon, as I heard it’s the bees knees. Any Dexter or True Blood fans in here. Both seasons are pretty good.

caracicatriz said:I’ll be starting “Orange is the New Black” soon, as I heard it’s the bees knees. Any Dexter or True Blood fans in here. Both seasons are pretty good.

I just finished last season of dexter, going to wait for the blu ray to watch the last season. Really want that complete series blood slide box blu ray set but it’s a little to pricey for me right now. Maybe next year.

Luther is fun, but it’s a load of old tosh really. Not to be taken seriously.

I gather that foreign-language TV is pretty rare in the US (yes?), but we’ve just had French series The Returned, finished on Sunday. Set in an isolated Alpine village where dead people keep “returning”. It’s not a zombie series in the usual sense; there’s no shuffling ghouls, but it’s smart. well written, and has been keeping it’s audience guessing. Hard to compare, but it’s as reminiscent of Twin Peaks as anything else. Apparently a second series is coming, but they haven’t started it yet, so it’ll be a while.

Season 3 of Luther got pretty silly in the 2nd half, but the killer in the first half scared the shit out of me. Luther creates some scary as shit serial killers That and I love Ruth Wilson’s character to bits.

JTX said:

caracicatriz said:I’ll be starting “Orange is the New Black” soon, as I heard it’s the bees knees. Any Dexter or True Blood fans in here. Both seasons are pretty good.

I just finished last season of dexter, going to wait for the blu ray to watch the last season. Really want that complete series blood slide box blu ray set but it’s a little to pricey for me right now. Maybe next year.

last season was pretty weak, but like a bad book u gotta get thru it haha. The current season is so so. Def setting up for a spin off.

Rewatching the first half of Breaking Bad S5, so good. I hated last season of Dexter but this season has been good so far, IMO.

The Trashman said:Rewatching the first half of Breaking Bad S5, so good. I hated last season of Dexter but this season has been good so far, IMO.

I’m rewatching all of the seasons right now, currently almost done with season 2. I may just skip to 5a because I don’t think I’ll be able to finish in time for the premiere.

I really should have canceled Netflix this month. Watched about 5 episodes of that orange is the new black. It’s not all that interesting to me. What’s worse is that I was in the mood to do a season 5 recap watch of breaking bad and I read that the episodes are edited and censored on Netflix. Good thing I have the episodes downloaded though. But there’s so much good stuff to watch on cable. I’m even liking that Under the Done show on CBS. Final season of breaking bad starts this weekend. Smile

I watched ‘Orange is the New Black’, it was pretty good but it went nowhere and I probably won’t watch another season. I always thought Donna from That 70s Show was really hot and I still do, overall the show was pretty quirky which I can appreciate and plenty of lesbian scenes which I can also appreciate haha (maybe I would watch another season). I just thought the last episode was horribly anti-climatic. I don’t really see where its going other than the main character lezing it up more and making Jason Biggs cry.

I will never cancel my Netflix, disappointed to hear they edited Season 5 of Breaking Bad though. I watched downloaded copies but still, why do that?

They edit out one “fuck”. You’ll all survive.

Oh for real that’s it. The way the Netflix reviewer made it look was like the edited the whole show.

Tread lightly Surprised wow, what a season opener. Anyone else watch it?